FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Broad Street Bash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rocky2023 View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky2023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Broad Street Bash
    Posted: Jul 18 2009 at 8:28pm

I was watching TV Middletown, can someone please explain the Band that calls themselves the "MENUS"  The male lead singer wears a dress, actually, a purple mini skirt for this performance.  Included are ear rings, make-up and lipstick.  I understand this is a normal dress attire for this band. 

Maybe this type of entertainment reflects on Middletown ?  I have lived here many years and remain somewhat puzzled why this is so accepted.  You don't see this type of entertainment in West Chester, Miamisburg, Centerville, etc or other successful towns or cities.

I must admit, there music is not bad, although, he acts silly and likes to show his bulge.  Its just the image and how Middletown is viewed.  It is really difficult to bring new families and business with this type of entertainment at our governors square, the center of our city.

here&now View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote here&now Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2009 at 9:19pm
YOu pose a good ? but I must say that this just entertainment and all in fun. Now I have never heard the band play, but who is realy hurting that the lead singer acts like a fool? I just cant see it as that big of a deal.
Marianne View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2009 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Rocky2023 Rocky2023 wrote:

Maybe this type of entertainment reflects on Middletown ?  I have lived here many years and remain somewhat puzzled why this is so accepted.  You don't see this type of entertainment in West Chester, Miamisburg, Centerville, etc or other successful towns or cities.

Actually, they played Centerville July 12.
They play West Chester July 30.
And they play in lesser known places such as Dayton (7/31), Cincinnati (8/29), and some place called Columbus (8/22)?

I'm not a fan of the band at all - heard them last year and found them unimpressive, but it seems like folks in those successful places like them; otherwise, I don't think they'd be finding so many gigs.

I've seen far more entertaining men wearing dresses; Eddie Izzard comes to mind. 

Rocky2023 View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky2023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2009 at 10:14am

Thanks for the response and corrections.  I guess I am not in touch with the entertainment fashion of today.  After reading the post above I starting researching the band, interesting subjects and other postings in other communities.  

The crowd in Middletown seem to enjoy that sort of thing, maybe we do need more like this around town.  Obviously the Broad Street committee researched this and appeared to be right on target for what this community wanted and needed.  Congratulation to the steering committee.   

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic