Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, April 18, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 'Neither Liberal Nor Conservative Be' - Good Read
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Neither Liberal Nor Conservative Be' - Good Read

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
No Free Lunch View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote No Free Lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Neither Liberal Nor Conservative Be' - Good Read
    Posted: Aug 15 2009 at 11:30pm
'Neither Liberal Nor Conservative Be'

By Larry R. Bradley

Polarized Politics is a major threat to every aspect of our lives. All of us have had our personal prosperity and security (and that of our children) put at risk by its results. The time has come to admit that what we are doing now is not working. The responsibility to change things rests with all of us, no matter your age, gender, race, income or background. Read this book to find out not only what needs to be changed, but how to make those changes.

This book is for people who want to understand today's political landscape and how to take action if they aren't happy with what they see. Young people just becoming eligible to vote, as well as seasoned voters should read this book. The author, an advocate for individual voters and small business people, draws from his varied life experience in both government service and private business to offer a refreshing new viewpoint. Using illustrations and analogies to explain his points, he rebuts the arguments of both "Liberals" and "Conservatives" in a lively, easy to read and understand original work.

Written with the feel of a self-help book, Neither Liberal Nor Conservative Be seeks to stop the destructive impact of polarized politics by causing people to explore their political philosophy and think about what they believe with regard to the purpose, rules and definitions of politics and government. Going far beyond Democrat vs. Republican, new insights provided include:

• Why voters are forced to choose between the lesser of two evils (and what to do about it).
• Evaluating the acceptability of political solutions to social issues.
• Developing your own personal political philosophy.
• Why inconsistency is a key factor enabling polarized politics to exist.
• Three principles that can be used to overcome inconsistency.
• How to evaluate political issues without the labels of “liberal” or “conservative”.
• How to talk about politics with unreasoning zealots (on both sides).
• Achieving better government by focusing on the desired outcomes of government instead of conflicting accusations about who to fear and who to blame.
• What issues are today’s equivalent of Prohibition and how they can be settled.
• What Post-Vietnam safeguards were meant to keep our country out of wars like Iraq?
• Why did those safeguards fail and what new safeguards are needed now?
• What is the option for Iraq that neither political party will talk about?
The conflicts of Polarized Politics will not resolve themselves. Read this book to find out the simple easy things you can do to make a difference.
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2009 at 11:39pm
It is about time we recognize the fact that the "extremist' are threatening our Nation and our liberty!

Both Parties are equally guilty!

I have had a Hell of a time lately dealing with my Conservative Friends because the partisan politics has created an atmosphere of extreme spin about every issue. I find myself defending Obama when I don't even like the man, but must as I see the anti-Obama rhetoric as being so far "Spun" as to be lies.

It is very disheartening.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic