FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tony Marconi - Tell Us What You Know??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nelson Self View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tony Marconi - Tell Us What You Know??
    Posted: Aug 18 2009 at 2:55pm
Tony -

More than any other current City Council member, you know much about waste and mismanagement of HUD funds by the City of Middletown.  Irrefutable evidence has been provided to you by current staff and myself regarding these matters.  A member of my staff personally delivered documents to you further underscoring this sad but true debacle.

You have the option of continuing to support the cover-up, or to come forward (as you should as an elected official) to demand an inquiry.  If you continue to do nothing I personally believe that your re-election campaign will be unsuccessful.  Should you do the right thing, voters will look favorably upon you.

My attorney will be contacting you shortly.  Please consider doing the right thing.

Nelson Self
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2009 at 3:19pm
Nelson....what do you believe is going on with HUD and council ? Could this be a case of corruption,embezzlement or a mere misappropriating of funds ?

No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2009 at 4:38pm
I'm not alone in noticing how the demeanor of City Council towards the City Manager has drastically changed since as recently as this past January.  No longer are questions asked or concerns raised by our seven elected representatives regarding mega millions in HUD and other Federal funds.  We have an atmosphere of continuous EMERGENCY LEGISLATION that's passed by City Council without a single no vote.  What has caused this sudden and unexpected love fest?  More imporatantly, we still do not have TRANSPARENCY IN LOCAL GOVERNANCE!  Oh, to be a fly on the wall in their CLOSED DOOR deliberations!
tomahawk35 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2009 at 10:06pm
Sounds like someone has been called out at High Noon.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2009 at 10:21pm
Tony has and it's deserved for very good reasons.  If he takes issue with anything that I've shared over the past few months, please do so.  Telephone and e-mail communications plus meetings (Barbecue Junction, etc.) back up what I say.  I was promised by him and the other two AMIGOS that nobody at City Hall would be allowed to retaliate against me since I divulged multiple HUD problems.  So much for empty promises.  Maybe a deposition or sworn court testimony will refresh faulty memories?
accuro View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote accuro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 9:27am
Advice. Mr. Self, I appreciate your commentary which is always well though and delivered. I don't know the reference to the involvement of counsel, but it would serve your matter better to keep some degree of your facts and assertions under cover. The suggestion as I read it, has a flair monies were misappropriated, which is serious. If there was a philosophical disagreement, that's not a cause of action for whistle blower. Comments made are in the most constructive manner, but there are two situations which I don't understand, either there are a leveling of some pretty serious violations of public trust, or you are mad those you trusted to take action after your meeting associated with differences, didn't act as they agreed. Your smoking gun would appear to be emails. Cautiousness is always a good thing.     
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out. - Will Rogers
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2009 at 9:41am
IMO good advice from accuro Nelson. Might be a good idea to keep this under cover and only allow your lawyer to know these things. To publicize some of these events may diminish your success in any potential prosecution or legal action. All of us on this forum, including you, know what kind of people we are dealing with in city government. They have the ability to turn on a person at any given moment. I would guess family and friends could be potential targets for their retaliation if push came to shove. Just a suggestion from one on your side here.    Hey, the element of surprise is always to your advantage whether it be in sports, politics or taking a few layers off of a city leader or two in the courts. Right?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic