Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Sunday, April 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - JUDY or DOUG:  Section 8 Administrative Funds??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JUDY or DOUG: Section 8 Administrative Funds??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JUDY or DOUG: Section 8 Administrative Funds??
    Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 8:47am
Judy or Doug -

There's a few HUD Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) questions that I'd like for either of you to answer.  You should have budgetary information readily available so that shouldn't require much of your time to submit responses.

Questions

1)  What was the approximate amount of Section 8 Administrative Fee dollars that were unspent and carried forward earlier this year when the latest annual allocation of HUD funds were received by the City of Middletown?

2)  In addition to the carried over funds noted in Question 1, how much new Section 8 Administrative funding was received from HUD for this new fiscal year?

3)  Of the total amount of Section 8 Administrative funds available, approximately how much will be given to C.O.N.S.O.C. in this current fiscal year?

4)  What is the approximate balance of Section 8 Administrative funds that were retained for City of Middletown purposes?

5)  Regarding Question 4, please name the City of Middletown employees that will be partially or fully paid with Section 8 Administrative fees?

6)  Regarding Question 5, please provide an itemized list of Section 8 Administrative fees that are being utilized for salary/fringe benefits for applicable City of Middletown staff?

Thanks you.

Nelson Self
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 2:53pm
"We are not at liberty to answer these or any other questions as of yet. We have recently retained the services of an unnamed and will remain unnamed company to help us to answer such questions in the future should any such questions arise from anything we do that you,the people of Middeltown,think we should answer. Answering questions is not on our docket nor is it in our workbook. We will,when we find it appropriate,answer any and most questions in a forum of our choosing but only if the public ask the questions we have chosen to answer. As an example of our good will towards the public of Middeltown we are prepared to answer the following questions :
1. Will it be a bad winter ?
2. Do you think it will rain ?
3. Will the new paving job on the commons bring torurist ? And how many ?

Thank you for your questions and we appreciate your participation. Approve
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 3:48pm
Whoa! Whoa! Hermes- Question #3 is WAYYYYYY too controversial for them to answer and may place them in an "awkward position". They would never risk answering whether the new paving job will bring tourists. Way too confrontational. Furthermore, as it is their custom, it's none of the citizens business why the paving was done in the first place. Suffice it to say- the always effervescent Ann Mort wanted it and so shall it be done!!!! So sayeth the Mulliganman, the Beckster, the Schiavonkneemeister and the Marconimatic. (Note to reader:- Armbruster was not awake at the time the decision was made and Ford didn't understand the request so they deferred to their constituents)
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 4:10pm
How interesting that Murdock was so insistent on learning my identity.  I wonder if Mrs./Ms./Miss/Mr. Murdock will ever oblige us and divulge her/his real name?

NRS
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 4:18pm
Viet Vet and Hermes -

You both are correct.  Neither Judy G. or Doug A. will likely answer the simple questions that I provided them today on HUD Section 8 Administrative funds.  After all, we are mere citizens and they control the flow of information to us as they desire.

City Council Candidates -

There's much useful information archived on this blog.  I do hope that each of you candidates will utilize some of it to ask probing questions of the elected incumbents plus senior city management.  A good time to seek responses from them would be at the upcoming candidate forums in October.

NRS
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 5:24pm

"Lucrative leases

In its 2009 budget, the city projected to receive more than $11.75 million in federal funding for the Section 8 voucher program.

The number of vouchers in Middletown has more than doubled from 767 in 2000 to 1,662 in 2009. In federal funding, that has grown from $2.47 million in 2000 that is pumped into the city’s economy.

The program is big business for local landlords, with some owning as many as 20 to more than 40 rental units."

Consoc and City split of Section 8 funds, 78% for Consoc and 22% for the City.  The exact amount that they split I don't know.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 5:43pm
Yeah I know Vet I couldn't think of anything for question 3 so I used that. But your right they'd never take that question it might shine a dull light on Ann Mort so we can't have that happening.

I'd be ashamed if thats the only positive thing I could do for this city as our streets crumble,buildings and houses fall apart and the school system gets worse.

Not to worry though,I see levies galor coming soon to a ballot near us.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 5:45pm
Pacman - We've known for a while it's all about the money,what we don't know is who is lining their pockets with it.

Yeah slumlords get a nice percentage but there is also a percentage going into other pockets.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 5:54pm
Yes Hermes that would be the 22% of $11.75 Million I presume.
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 6:23pm
Pacman -

Judy G. and Doug A. know exactly how much HUD Section 8 Administrative funding is available for staff salaries/fringe benefits.  FOLLOW THE HUD MONEY!!

Since the elitist bureaucrats at One Donham Plaza have scuttled the former HUD Consolidated Planning Committee, there's no true citizen participation process in Middletown (except for MMF get togethers).

Their attitudes and philosophies of governing are the same...........................WE KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR THE CITIZENS OF MIDDLETOWN AND THEY SHALL LIKE ALL THAT WE DO!! AngryAngryAngry

NRS
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2009 at 6:27pm
One landlord who lives in Monroe currently has more than 60 Section 8 rental properties.  There are several others with 15 or more Section 8 rentals.  The one with 60+ rentals (mostly in Ward 2) takes in over $35,000 monthly.  FOLLOW THE HUD MONEY!!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2009 at 6:38am
Do we have access to the locations of all the Section 8/HUD property in Middletown? If so, using this list and knowing the addresses, can we research who owns them through the Butler County Auditor site? Would be interesting to know who is benefitting from this federal money and how they link up with the city leaders/MMF members. Or have we already tried that before???? Just curious. Rail Fan, it would appear that you have an inside track on where the properties are located and, perhaps, who owns them. Would be nice to see the entire list of owners and how this list ties into the "inner circle". Might even see some city leaders names who own Section 8. If they own Section 8 properties and are on the city managed Section 8 board, isn't that a conflict of interest? Can one be on a board that makes decisions that directly influence their personal pocketbook?   
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2009 at 7:11am
Good Morning Viet Vet -

A few months after I began working for the City of Middletown in 2007, I requested from C.O.N.S.O.C. and received monthly databases listing all HUD Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) tenants.  Yes, this comprised all 1,600+ households receiving rent assistance plus their places of residence.  This information was then forwarded by me routinely to the Law Department, Police Department, City Manager, Planning Director, Finance Director and Water personnel.

Later, at Mr. Kohler's request, I requested from C.O.N.S.O.C. and began receiving monthly databases listing all HUD Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) landlords and addresses of their properties.  This data was distributed to the aformentioned list of City departments plus personnel.

Prior to my arrival in January 2007, I'm told that Section 8 tenant and landlord lists may not have been requested.  The City's contract with C.O.N.S.O.C. dates back to the early 1990's.

In closing, I remember being in the City Manager's office with her and Mr. Kohler.  The topic of conversation included speculation regarding how elected officials could conceivably have a secret ownership interest in Section 8 properties via the protection of Limited Liability Corporations.  Actually, the conversation was a little more specific, but I will refrain from being more specific at this time.

FOLLOW THE HUD MONEY TRAIL!! AngryAngryAngry 

NRS
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2009 at 7:21am
Viet Vet -

The City Council is the Board of Directors for the Middletown Public Housing Agency (MPHA).  As such, the Mayor and City Council members are specifically prohibited by HUD from having an ownership interest in residential properties receiving Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) rental payments.  In addition, all City staff directly involved in whatever capacity with this administration or operations of this HUD program are prohibited from benefitting financially.

Mrs./Miss/Ms./Mr. Murdock, I never heard of your favorite City Councilman being speculated as having any Section 8 ownership interest.  Of course, until you return the favor in identifying yourself, we will have to wonder if you have a financial interest in any Section 8 properties??  What are you hiding from us??

NRS
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2009 at 7:25am
Viet Vet -

In March of 2008 my involvement with Section 8 pretty much ended as Miss Gilleland and Mr. Kohler took over everything and spent much time with their consultant Frank Chapman.

NRS
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2009 at 7:32am
Ahh, but what if these councilmembers, who are also MPHA members, gave the money to another person to buy the Section 8 properties and the properties are deeded to another person or family member who funnels the money back to them?
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2009 at 7:41am
With my own ears I have heard a handful of senior City staff verbally wonder the same thing.  Interesting!

FOLLOW THE HUD MONEY TRAIL!!  I THOUGHT YOU WERE WRTING AN EXPOSE ON THIS EDDIE??
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2009 at 8:19am
Section 8 owners as of 2-2-09 in .pdf.  Just select free download from this link.

Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2009 at 9:11am
Rail Fan........       Give me a call please.
wannaknow View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannaknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2009 at 8:13pm
Mr. Self, I'm just curious (nosey) about why you keep changing your name on here and then follow thru by telling your true identity. I must say I admire your honesty on here. Where is Mike Presta?
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2009 at 10:43pm
I was concerned that openly providing factual information on this blog would harm my chances for a successful legal action against the City of Middletown.  At this juncture my sole intent is for the citizenry to know the truth about waste and mismanagement of HUD funds here in Middletown.  Our city desperately needs new City Council members such as John Soppanish, Gary Barge, Joshua Laubach and Paul Nagy.

Thank you so much.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2009 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by wannaknow wannaknow wrote:

Where is Mike Presta?
Presently, I am right here where I usually am (in my reinforced concrete underground bunker)!!! Wink LOL
But I am getting a little hungry.  I may go out and get a sandwich.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2009 at 4:13am
We seem to have something of interest in common, Mike.  I also am in my underground bunker at 10pm most weekday evenings.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2009 at 6:08am
Originally posted by Rail Fan Rail Fan wrote:

We seem to have something of interest in common, Mike.  I also am in my underground bunker at 10pm most weekday evenings.
"At" 10 pm???  I am usually in mine (and in the "zero-gravity" or so-called "astronaut position") for at least 18 to 20 hours per day (or more).

Yep, I live a really exciting life!!!  LOL LOL
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
wannaknow View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannaknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2009 at 10:10pm
So glad you are Ok Mr. Presta. You have a lot of knowledge to share. I have missed your comments. I hope your bunker is the correct color and up to city codes. Not much maintenance on a bunker, good idea!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic