FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MIDDLETOWN YOU HAVE DONE IT AGAIN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
THE WEAVER View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE WEAVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MIDDLETOWN YOU HAVE DONE IT AGAIN
    Posted: Sep 23 2009 at 1:52pm
In todays legal notices once again the City of Middletown is putting out bids for replacement windows and doors for Fire Station 85.  Wonder where the money is coming from--The City Coffers?Wacko
Rail Fan View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rail Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2009 at 2:56pm
With the unanimous support of the current City Council, it was only a few weeks ago that the City Manager was authorized to spend the $490,000 U.S. Depatment of Energy grant on the second phase of the Bike Path.  Requests from local citizens to utilize these funds for energy retrofitting public buildings were ignored.

Does this legal notice mean that the City of Middletown is now using General Fund revenues to make these advertised improvements to public buildings?

Thanks to The Weaver for keeping an eye out for City Hall actions.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE WEAVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2009 at 4:00pm
Rail Fan;;  Its my job that 's what I do.  I love to read the Legal Notices.  You would be amazed at what you find ion those little boxes in the Paper.Thumbs%20Up 

THE WEAVER
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2009 at 4:13pm

Weaver
We don’t have a fire station #85.
Are you sure this is for the City of Middletown?

Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2009 at 4:22pm
OOOPS....I guess I need to correct myself

Station Five (*85)

Station Five (*85) is located at the intersection of
Central Ave. and N. Breiel Blvd. During the 1960’s, eastern expansion continued, requiring the construction of Station Five (*85) in 1966. Built in the middle of a residential neighborhood, this station was designed to blend into the residential setting. Station 5 (*85) originally housed Engine 5. Due to a reduction in force, Medic 2 was moved from Station 2 (*82) to Station Five (*85) and renamed Medic 5 (*85). Engine 5 was removed from service. Medic 5 (*85) is staffed with 2 personnel.
*New numbering system of fire houses and apparatus reflect integration into county wide numbering system. The county wide numbering system is to facilitate a new county wide 800 megahertz radio system
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE WEAVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2009 at 4:40pm
Vivian,  Thanks for the correction but I looked again it is #85.

THE WEAVER
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2009 at 5:11pm

I thought the city closed that station a year or two ago ??

And is it possible that federal energy money was spent on the bike path by MISTAKE and now they have to show that the money was spent on energy upgrade for something ?? Sounds all to fishey to me. Shocked
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic