FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Armbruster--- Again- Have Mercy!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Armbruster--- Again- Have Mercy!
    Posted: Oct 05 2009 at 6:52am
Article in the Journal by Richter citing some of Armbruster's thoughts on the city.
1. "We need to carry out plans put into place 2 years ago"- What plans? What is Council waiting for? Where's the action? He doesn't believe the policies implemented have taken effect yet. Why not?
2. Renaissance East-West- "Need a place for people to shop". "Need to put a plan together and make it reality" "three to five years out"- What? What have you and council been doing all this time. The Towne Mall area didn't just go vacant yesterday. Again, what are you all waiting for? Do you really have a plan or are you just listening to yourself talk?
3. City blight- code enforcement-housing stock is old and unkept- knock them down and create green space (so that we can plant more trees I guess) And put what in place of the knocked down structure?
4. Downtown area- he can see pubs and an art community downtown. Knock down those old dilapidated buildings downtown- create more green space (so we can plant more trees I would guess)- Again, after you knock them down, what is the plan to replace the demolished structure?
5. Section 8- getting "under control" and issues being addressed for a more "favorable outcome" for the city, whatever that means. "Now is NOT the time to emphasize reductions" WHAT??? You're joking, right? "We need to wait for things to develop over the next two to three years"- What do you mean- bring more Section 8 into the city? " The program has taken a bad rap" - and for good reason Jimmy boy! Let Section 8 go, Jimmy. It's BAD for the city. Can't you see that?

Again- pretty, flowery, non- substance comments from a person who has taken absolutely no leadership on any important projects in his entire tenure as a councilperson. He is a clueless non-entity and a waste of a council chair. Get someone in there that will actually do something that has some teeth to it. Armbruster is nothing but a glorified "cheerleader" for the town with nothing to support his enthusiasm but surface fluff like cleaning up parks, planting trees and talking about the frikkin' flower planters around town. Mercy NO!
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2009 at 12:05pm
I couldn't believe he (Armbruster) said that we need more pubs. If that is their idea to flood the city with section 8 and bars it's time to move.

I just find it hard to accept the things that come out of that mans mouth. What is his idea of a favorable outcome for the city concerning section 8 ??

Why do these people keep digging the hole deeper every time they say something ? Blows my mind.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Nelson R. Self View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson R. Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2009 at 12:25pm
GOD Bless all of the citizens of Middletown.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2009 at 6:56pm
Here are a few questions for Mr. Armbruster (and the rest of council and the City Manager):

In the Journal interviews you mention all the "PLANS" that the city has and the "POLICIES" that have been implemented: 

1.  Just exactly WHEN, WHERE, and by WHOM were all of these plans and policies developed and DISCUSSED???

2.  WHEN were these plans and POLICIES AUTHORIZED by City Council???

3.  WHY are WE, the PEOPLE in the dark about these plans and policies???

Once again it appears that much has been going on BEHIND CLOSED DOORS!!!

WHY, Mr. Armbruster and the rest of City Hall, must everything be done in SECRET???

WHAT are you afraid of???

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2009 at 7:14pm
Mike beware the Emergency Legislation, coming.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 2:38am
Flowers every where how lovely.Will any one in the first ward really vote for Mr. Armbruster? If so why?
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 6:53am
If council would let someone, ANYONE, speak as long about the problems this city is facing and how to solve them, as they let Mr. Michel speak about flowers last night, perhaps we could start making some movement in the RIGHT direction.

I don't know if ANYONE at City Hall has EVER been on a "site selection team" for a major industrial plant, but I have.  NEVER were "flowers" considered!  Sorry, but in my experience, that is simply a cold, hard FACT!!! 

INFRASTRUCTURE, on the other hand, is ALWAYS a consideration.  Much time is spent inspecting and analyzing roads, bridges, trackwork, clearances, power (and other utility) cost and availability, and the like, not only for the ultimate operation of the plant but also what is required just to get the facility BUILT!!!  (Often, construction requirements are higher than actual production needs, so the site selection team must consider BOTH aspects.)

For example, if roads, bridges, railroads, etc. are not adequate for the anticipate oversize, overweight, or repeated heavy loads (or similar items), state DOT are confidentially contacted and research is done to see if remediation or upgrades are planned in the future and if they can be expedited.  If not, the added costs are included in the site analysis (and ultimately in the construction budget) before decisions are made.

If adequate water, power, or other utilities are lacking, these costs are similarly considered.

Flowers are never entered into the equation.  (Then again, Kohler and company aren't interested in high-paying industrial jobs, so I guess if all you want are a few Bohemian painters to live in lofts, drink wine, and read poetry--flowers WOULD be the way to go.  It certainly would be cheaper!!!)
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 8:40am
Mike....totally agree....maybe councils rose-colored glasses are the result of smoking some of this foilage! Wink
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 8:50am
Funny how the City is glad to give as much time as needed for those types of presentations isn't it and the citizen gets whacked on the hand at 3 minutes.
Kelly View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 8:54am

Did anyone else notice that Mr. Michel announced the "new" Highland Historical District...BEFORE council has even voted on it??? Not that I think it will be voted down (not by any means!) but just thought it was a bit....how should I say....overconfident? The deal is already done....

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Kelly Kelly wrote:

Did anyone else notice that Mr. Michel announced the "new" Highland Historical District...BEFORE council has even voted on it??? Not that I think it will be voted down (not by any means!) but just thought it was a bit....how should I say....overconfident? The deal is already done....
Yes, Kelly, I also noticed that.  I also noticed that one of the alleys to be paved leads right up to the very edge of the "New" Historic district.  I guess we can't have the tranquility of such a quaint, historic, serene, pastoral area disrupted by the clamor of a garbage truck rumbling up the alley once a week.

However, I can't say that I agree with Mayor Lawrence P. Mulligan, Jr.'s statement that: "It certainly is good to see some of our alleys being paved!"  How thick and heavily tinted those rose-colored glasses must be, to find such delight in misuse of public funds.
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 9:18am
Originally posted by wasteful wasteful wrote:

Mike beware the Emergency Legislation, coming.
Emergency legislation is totally abused by this administration and council. The Duke Energy legislation was a proper use of this type of legislation. Most of the rest of their emergency legislation is rubbish. Just a denial of citizen input, as if they ever listen anyway! I can't fathom the amount of emergency resolutions and legislation that would be crammed down our throats if they are allowed to meet only once a month. TIME FOR CHANGE!!!
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 11:37am
I wonder how many allies Mulligan drives down in a day ? Thats laughable.

I agree 409,everything that "the members" want to pass seems to be an emergency. I've never seen a council that operated like this one.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic