FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAME ON! It's election time!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GAME ON! It's election time!!
    Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:30am

It's GAME TIME, and the knives are out already!!!

Following is an exchange from the “comments” following one of the articles about Josh Laubach on the E-Journal. It appears that someone doesn’t like Mr. Laubach or anyone who supports him even a little bit!!! They seem to have something against Nelson Self as well.

It's easy to say what you want to do if elected. The reality of being a councilperson is that you have very little power. Those elected learn that quickly. Why aren't the Mike Prestas of the world running? Because even they realize how ineffectual they would be.

Nielson Selves
7:31 AM, 10/6/2009

Mike Presta can and DOES speak for himself, Mr. "Selves". (By the way, I have the integrity to do so over my own, real name--not cloaked in anonymity over a knock-off of someone else's good name.)

I am not, and have not run ONLY because of medical problems, and everyone who knows me, knows that (not that it is any of YOUR business.)!

Mike_Presta
7:59 AM, 10/6/2009

By the way--THANKS for PROVING me CORRECT!!!

(The attacks are starting already, Mr. Laubach! But their FIRST mistake is: While they are attacking ME for showing you a little support, they are leaving YOU alone!!! Not very bright, but I'm sure that they will PAY for some better strategy!!!)

Mike_Presta
8:03 AM, 10/6/2009

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:03am
Mike that is very interesting, I was recently given a list of a council mans supporters and one name on the list will be on Wednesdays panel to ask questions of the candidates. I am debating on whether or not to post it. i have to stay neutral in this at least while I am at work.   
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:16am
Randy what is more neutral than posting Information and letting people make their own judgement or mind up?
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:19am
pacman, I agree with you 100 % I was talking more about posting the email I received with the document. I have decided in the span of 10 min to post all of it with my emailers name left out 
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:33am
Originally posted by randy randy wrote:

Mike that is very interesting, I was recently given a list of a council mans supporters and one name on the list will be on Wednesdays panel to ask questions of the candidates. I am debating on whether or not to post it. i have to stay neutral in this at least while I am at work.   
Randy,
And stay neutral you should, to the best of your ability, during this pre-election period, UNLESS:

You are:

1. Reporting "news".  (Are both the list and the names of the panel members part of any public record or other news report?  If so, accurately "reporting" the facts and citing the sources is neither unethical nor bad journalism.

2.  If what you are writing is CLEARLY an "editorial" or an "opinion piece" or "column".  Even then, you should NOT refer to items such as above as "fact" unless you are sure, or if you couch the report by terms such as "I was told this name by someone reliable and in a position to know, but I have not been able to confirm it."

Of course, BOTH of the above are "out the window" if you have a Company Policy (or a BOSS) that states otherwise!!!  In that case, follow policy or instructions!

Actually, it is an ethical lapse to have a supporter of one of the candidates on the panel!!!  Such panels should be as unbiased and impartial as possible.  (This is not to say that EVERYONE is incapable of being fair in such a situation.  But it certainly is preferable to try to avoid it, and it should be disclosed!)

Here's to you for having a HIGHER standard than THEY do if they FAIL to disclose such a thing BEFORE it becomes public knowledge!!!! 
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:34am
Here you go you tell me what you think?

Hi Randy,

I thought this might interest your MiddletownUSA readers. Enclosed you will find a document with Mr Armbruster's supporters. On numerous occasions Mr Armbruster has stated that there was no good ol boys club in Middletown. I would say that several names on his list would constitute a good ol' boys club. It is for reasons like this that we cannot have fair elections in Middletown. I would say with the list of supporters that Mr Armbruster has would probably equate to $10-20,000 in contributions for a seat that only pays $5000 a year. I know that people have the right to support whoever they wish but I also find it interesting that for Wednesday nite's forum that one of the panelist is also on Mr Armbrusters supporter list. I feel a bit of nepotism is going on but I will have to assume this person will be impartial come Wed. nite. Thank for your time.
Concerned citizen for fair voting.

See attached document Armbruster Support Flyer

randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:40am
Mike, It was never the pdf I was conflicted about posting it was the email I received with it. the email says nothing earth shattering, but I do like to ask before posting things such as that. I did try to contact that person that sent it to me but was unable so I made a judgment call. I hope it does not deter this person from future emails 
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:50am
So who are the panel members for tomorrows forum?
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Pacman Pacman wrote:

So who are the panel members for tomorrows forum?
I am working on that pacman?
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 10:08am
Live Coverage of TVM/Middletown Journal Candidates Forum on Wednesday, October 7 at 7 p.m. Election Day Tuesday, November 3 is fast approaching, and we know there is a great interest in the Middletown City Council and Board of Education candidates and the Middletown charter changes. You can hear what the candidates have to say on Wednesday, October 7 during live coverage of the  TV Middletown/Middletown Journal 2009 Candidates forum.  The forum, which will take place in City Council chambers will also air at 11:30 p.m. on Wednesday, 3 p.m., 7 p.m., and 11:30 p.m. on Thursday, October 8, and at 3 p.m. on Friday, October 9. Additional air times will be scheduled for later in the month.

Greg Pratt will be on the panel, his name is also on the Armbruster support flyer
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 10:46am
Originally posted by randy randy wrote:

Mike, It was never the pdf I was conflicted about posting it was the email I received with it. the email says nothing earth shattering, but I do like to ask before posting things such as that. I did try to contact that person that sent it to me but was unable so I made a judgment call. I hope it does not deter this person from future emails 
Randy,
I received a copy of the very same email, but WITHOUT the attachment.  (Perhaps I didn't scroll down far enough?  My source is very reliable.)  I think that you are on firm ground!
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 10:49am

“Citizen led campaigns and committees to be proactive in reaching common goals and stimulating the economy.”  ...Councilman Armbruster, from the above-mentioned campaign flyer

Exactly how many of the council committees (such as finance, streets, etc.) have even ONE single “citizen” on them let alone one that “leads” the committee! If any citizens do find out about meetings of such committees and attend, the citizens are “tolerated” at best!

According to Mr. Becker at a Street Committee meeting “two council members constitutes a quorum” and “ONLY council members are allowed to make or second a motion“!!!

Mr. Armbruster, are you simply OUT OF TOUCH with the facts, or are you trying to FOOL THE PEOPLE???

randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 11:25am
I have just learned that the panel members for tomorrow nights candidates forum will be..

Mike Williams

Greg Pratt

Verlina  Stewart
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 11:49am
Mike- this must have been a misprint on the Armbruster quote. Should have read- "SELECTED, INNER CIRCLE, CITY HALL FRIENDLY citizen lead campaigns and committees to be proactive in reaching common goals and stimulating the economy". The street repair committee last year,led by Becker, had Marconi and Scott-Jones as members, along with Gilleland, Ginger Smith and many city supervisors and other city personnel. There was but a handful of citizens on this committee. When I asked about the Public Works budget concerning the staffing and the management to worker ratio, I got either silence, resentment from some of the city road supervisors or a feeble explanation from Smith as to why it was staffed that way. They do this so that the inquisitive citizen will stop asking questions. It was like talking to a wall in relation to a two way conversation. These people were DOA as to communication. I gave up. Armbruster continues to live in a clueless vacuum and should be removed. Anyone who thinks this guy is a viable representative and can do the city some good is not being honest with themselves. Just get rid of him ( and all incumbants) in November. Let him plant flowers and trees and smell the roses into retirement. Mercy!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 12:00pm
randy- wonder why we keep seeing the same names popping up with all forums, community functions and city-wide agenda items? Why--- uhh- I'm sure it couldn't be to provide more control over questions screened to protect the chosen few's (MMF boys and girls) choices for candidates--or could it??? There are always people in any town willing to be the power broker's stooges. Perhaps Pratt, Williams and Stewart are those chosen to be the go-fers for them this time. ???? Give them credit. They appear to be good little soldiers for the cause.

As a side note- wonder what Armbruster can do for Pratt that Pratt will support him for Council? Got to be a reason other than truely believing he is qualified.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic