FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Let's Have A Good Voter Turnout

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nelson R. Self View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson R. Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Let's Have A Good Voter Turnout
    Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 10:37am
GOD Bless all of the citizens of Middletown.
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 10:50am
I happen to agree with Gilleland on this one.  Stop recycling the junk and demo it.  Of course the banks are interested and the realtors $$$$$$$$$$$, and Middletown suffers with more poverty and other issues that strain its limited resources.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson R. Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 12:04pm
Be sure to vote.
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 12:38pm
Define "working Class".  Please.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson R. Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 2:20pm

Every vote matters.

wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 3:06pm
Folks looking at the Chart above you can now see the problem with Section 8 when it is saturated in one locale.  Look at the Extremely Low (30%) Income Limits.  Then remember what the Law is:

"By law, a PHA must provide 75 percent of its voucher to applicants whose incomes do not exceed 30 percent of the area median income."

The city blames the lock out for the fact that the Poverty Level double in the last 10 years.  Personally I blame the City and its greed and lack of leadership not understanding how to run a socioeconomically balanced municipality.  People wake up to what is happening here and who is the cause of the problems, you need to look no farther than ONE DONHAM PLAZA.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 9:38am
Wasteful I agree with you 100%.  At 1662 vouchers and 2.4 people per voucher you have about 4200 residents living in poverty just in Section 8, which using the census bureaus estimate of 48000 residents in Middletown currently, represents about 8.75% of the population.  This represents about 40% of the 22% estimate of people living below the poverty level in Middletown.  Middletown can not continue to grow this number and hope to pull out of the financial crunch they are in.
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 10:23am

Pacman - could the percentage possibly be higher, as the 1662 vouchers are issued for Middletown. However don't we have some vouchers in Middletown that are from Butler County vouchers as well.

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 10:41am
Yes it could Bobbie as I have no idea how many BMH Vouchers are in use in Middletown, I would say a good portion of them are.  Potentially we could be looking at 2000+ Section 8 Vouchers in use in Middletown. I am sure the City knows that number and I believe they include that number in their 3200+ Public/Section 8 housing numbers.  I wonder if Mr Adkins would let us truly know how many Section 8 Vouchers are in use in Middletown.  I also wonder if he will give us a true count of the number of Section 8 and Public Housing units that are in use in Middletown.

Bobbie Middletown has gotten itself into a hell of a mess with this and I truly do not think they have a clue as to how to get out of it or to even get it under control.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the poverty rate at 30+% when the 2010 census comes out.  Middletown seems to have perfected the art of catering to the poverty sector while the sector that foots the bills is declining due to their actions, but they don't seem to put the two together and try to reverse their poor decisions over the last 10-15 years.

Unfortunately the City and its residents are paying a severe price for their actions.  Makes you want to pass a law that all employees must live in the city to see the outcome of their decisions. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic