FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Josh Laubach.......Impressive!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Josh Laubach.......Impressive!
    Posted: Oct 09 2009 at 8:44pm
I just finished watching the debate.

I'm very impressed with Josh Laubach, in my opinion he's the best man running, (out of all the candidates, not just 3rd ward).

I won't just be voting for the lesser of two evils (as usual), I'll be voting for someone I'm happy to support!

Smile

Keep up the good work Laubach!

TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2009 at 8:47pm
I was also happy with Daniel Picard.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2009 at 9:33am
Tudor- Thought Laubach got off to a shaky start (as did several), probably due to nerves. The one minute answering time didn't help any of the candidates nor the voters. I thought that was very poorly planned by the forum organizers. As time went on, Laubach seemed to do a bit better. Just needs more time, as anyone would, to get comfortable in that council chair. Marconi's/ Armbruster's claim about experience rings faint as they started "with no experience" in a councilperson role too. Everyone starts from ground zero. Problem with Marconi and Armbruster is that they never used their "experience", as they claim, to provide meaningful progressive leadership for the community. Both became "mis-focused" on the real issues and accomplished little to nothing- especially Armbruster. Mercy! Bottom line for me- I'm willing to give anyone new a chance because I already know what I'm getting with the incumbants and I don't like what I see from them. They're not good for this city. None of them.

Picard- very robotic and polished. Gave the same answers to many of the questions- ie- city is out of money- only can do a limited amount of things- bad economy right now- must be prepared to prosper when the recession is over- thank you Mr. Obvious. I don't know the guy, but his demeanor would fit right in with the MMF crowd. Seems aloof, and gives the impression he is "above the fray" and not connected with the working middle class of this town. If elected, I don't think he will be any different than what we have now and that's a bad thing. I wouldn't vote for him- don't trust him. He'll just be another Schiavone for the 4th Ward people and, from what I hear, that's not a good thing.- He gives the impression he would support the current city /MMF agenda - not the people's needs. Might be bad for the city also. Dunno. JMO
Nelson R. Self View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson R. Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2009 at 10:14am
Every vote counts.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2009 at 12:59pm
Armbruster and Marconi BOTH used the old "Don't try to tell me that we didn't do anything!" line.  Then they reeled off Pay-Chex, this-Tec, that-Tec, etc., etc., all adding up to over 500 new jobs!!!

What I'd like them to explain is:  If they've brought in all of these great, high-paying NEW JOBS, why does the city's income tax revenue keep going DOWN, DOWN, DOWN ??? 
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2009 at 1:31pm
Marconi and Armbruster spent a good amount of their time trying to defend what they did for the last 4 years.

Also you would think that after 3 years of delving into Section 8 they could get their answers on the same page.

Armbruster says no reduction at this time in the number of Section 8 Vouchers.

Marconi says they have already cut about 115 or so vouchers.

Marconi says they need the permission of HUD to cut vouchers.

Back in the fall of 08 the big question was to get rid of Section 8 altogether as was recommended by Gilleland and the Councils paid Consultant.  At that time it was alluded to that HUD would be involved with the transfer of the Vouchers BMH.  So what has changed HUD is no longer going to transfer some of the Vouchers.

If the City lets HUD run the show and have the final say on Section 8 voucher reduction then I would shut the whole program down.  It is to the point where the city is like at a stalemate to get anything done.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic