Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Sunday, May 19, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cyclocross in Middletown gets national exposure
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cyclocross in Middletown gets national exposure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cyclocross in Middletown gets national exposure
    Posted: Oct 12 2009 at 10:37am
Vet:
Nah!! All of that isn't necessary.  Just plant a few flowers and there will be dozens of large corporations wanting to relocate to the park within a few days.

(Or at least a few of the addicts from downtown???)
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2009 at 10:10am
Hey Mike! Judging by Randy's pictures of the worn wheel paths in the grass at the newly revamped Sunset park, should we call Annie Mort's Pride group to reseed the worn out areas? Don''t forget- we'll need Jimmy "Trees" Armbruster to monitor the grass situation for us and report during council's next "council comments" portion of the meeting.
Very important to the city's rebirth, don't cha know!
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2009 at 10:00am
Originally posted by 409 409 wrote:

This is a good event. I would hazard a guess that it is not publicized due to parking problems. The competitors were parked everywhere and traffic a little snarled around the park. However, no different than when large events take place at Sunset Park(not near as many as there used to be).
Typical Middletown City Hall response, I guess.  Instead of solving a problem, IGNORE it and hope that it goes away!!! 

Originally posted by 409 409 wrote:

This brings up an idea. The old Roosevelt School track area could be incorporated into the race and/or used for overflow parking or for both.
That's a TERRIFFIC idea!!! Thumbs%20Up Thumbs%20Up
It sure isn't being used for anything else.  There should've at least been some signs so that the out-of-towners would realize that it was available.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2009 at 9:21am
I stopped by the event and snapped some pictures and watched some of the race. For an event that was not greatly publicized there was a decent turn out. 

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2009 at 8:38am
This is a good event. I would hazard a guess that it is not publicized due to parking problems. The competitors were parked everywhere and traffic a little snarled around the park. However, no different than when large events take place at Sunset Park(not near as many as there used to be). Milton Rd was closed between Kenwood and Bellmont for the starting stretch.
The event took place last year on Oct 11. Would have to presume the event next year will be on Oct 9. I have pix of last years & this years events.
This brings up an idea. The old Roosevelt School track area could be incorporated into the race and/or used for overflow parking or for both.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2009 at 6:40am

Mike
I agree with you, this event wasn’t planned last week. The City had to know last year that this event was coming to
Middletown
So is this the real reason that they put all that effort into cleaning and restoring
Sunset Park
?
Yep, them boys were asleep at the wheel again. Hmm…well maybe not asleep, maybe just taking a little nap this time.

Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2009 at 12:53am

Our leaders really have a grip on things in this city don't they.Clap

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2009 at 10:00pm
What a terrible article. ( It didn't mention Ann or Sam even once! Wink )

Seriously though, folks, why wasn't this promoted by the powers in City Hall??  Sure, it was on the "calendar", but this was part of a national, albeit small, niche sporting event and I think it's fair to say very few Middletonians were even aware of it.

Why, even Mr. Armbruster, city council's liaison to the Park Board, failed to mention it, and he usually blithers about every little thing at the parks that draws more than eleven people at once even if they aren't from out-of-town.

PS:  It's a shame that "Ann the estimater" wasn't there, just to tell us the crowd size!!!
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2009 at 8:57pm
MiddletownUSA was there I will be posting pics tomorrow morning first thing
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Marianne View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2009 at 8:47pm
Velonews is one of the premier cycling magazines / Web sites in the world.  It's nice to see Middletown receiving the attention.

The article includes pictures.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic