FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vindictive City

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vindictive City
    Posted: Oct 12 2009 at 6:15pm
Vindictive City
     Want to see how vindictive your City can be? Well all ya need to do is take a drive through the
Middletown Cemetery.
    The City went into the
Middletown Cemetery last week and removed the majority of the plants and shrubs that I had plant within the past 5 years.
    Thousands of dollars in plants were destroyed just to get back at me and my petty little law suite. None of these plants were paid for by the City.
    However they didn’t have time to take care of the real problems at the cemetery. Hmmm must have been too tired after they destroyed all my plants. 

409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2009 at 7:30pm
Gilleland and Kohler among others can be like little children sometimes. If you get my drift. Thumbs%20Down
Makes you wonder if this was an individual or a tag-team effort! Embarrassed
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2009 at 9:21pm
That sucks :(
Nelson R. Self View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson R. Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2009 at 10:30pm
Dear Miss Vivian -

Thank you for your considerable efforts in helping to maintain the Historic Pioneer Cemetery for five plus years.  A growing number of Middletonians are now aware of your labor, devotion of time and expenditure of personal funds! Clap

P.S.  Since the Historic Pioneer Cemetery is situated in Ward One, are you considering discussing this matter with our local elected officials? Confused
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2009 at 6:22am
Vivian- can you have your lawyer add the cost of the plants and your hourly labor charge to the current lawsuit or is this not allowed after a lawsuit has been filed? Are you planning to write a letter to the editor to show the citizens how childish their city leaders are? How about confronting the Council at the next meeting to record it on TV Middletown and to see Lawrence Mulligan Jr. say to us, once again- "we are not prepared to.......well, you all know the drill. Anything to embarass them perhaps?
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2009 at 6:26am
Vivian:

Are you certain that they "destroyed" the flora?

Perhaps they just needed it for other locations?  Flowers ARE their #1 method of economic development, as I understand it!!! Wink
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2009 at 6:49am
Mike- this does go against the Annie Mort PRIDE group doctrine of beautifying the city. We have Mort's Maternal Manicurists trying to plant those bushes and flowers and we have Gilleland's Floral Raiders digging them up. I'm confused Is we or ain't we tryin' to make our welfare city all spiffy, gussied and purdied up to show them Forbes folks we ain't dying 'cause we got flowers in them pots?    I thought the intention was to be the best looking poor destitute slum city in the country? Shed some light on this perplexin' dilemma, Mike!
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2009 at 7:23am

I don’t know where all the plants went but you can bet I will know before this day is over. I did have a very long talk with Mr. Armbruster last night about

the current problem at the cemetery.
Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2009 at 8:59am
I am so so SO GLAD I am leaving this hateful CITY...  I will be leaving to go home to DIE.  In all my 60 years I never saw such a hateful town. Our so called city counsel is the biggest joke I have ever seen, they should think before they speak and do the job they were sworn in to do and not benefit themself as they are doing. I have meet alot of nice people here but mostly a bunch of crooks. I am going to spend my last few days in peace.                                                                      Thomas Rapp
Thomas Rapp
Nelson R. Self View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson R. Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2009 at 9:07am
GOD Bless you Impala SS.  You are a fighter and so many people lift you up daily in their thoughts and prayers.  You have already made a big contribution to the improvement of the City of Middletown.  I, for one, pray that you will have more opportunities.
Nelson Self
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2009 at 9:41am
Take care Mr.Rapp.
I enjoyed our conversations and will miss your positive,trusting attitude.
Rest assured that we will win this battle and eventually turn this mess around.
I will miss your Council tirades. No one can scowl and berate Council for three minutes as well as you. I will also find someone to take your sword and black hood.
Hate to see you leave, and hope that you are still around for a long while.
yer pal,
sj
warmandfuzzy View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warmandfuzzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2009 at 10:37am
Not to be argumentative, but how do you know that the "City" removed these plants Vivian? Do you know this for a fact...or is this just a "guess" on your part?
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2009 at 10:55am
warmandfuzzy - I can say for a fact that I saw city workers working over at the cemetary last week. 
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2009 at 12:10pm
Warmandfuzzy
I have talked with the City and Public Works did remove the plants.
Where all the plants went to is unknown.
What they didn't have time to dig up they mowed down.
You can see where most of the plants were because they planted grass and put down straw.
They also removed stones from grave sites...
Nick_Kidd View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_Kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2009 at 12:51pm
Vivian, you are correct about the city being vindictive. That, along with under performing schools, horrible streets, red light cameras, not maintaining our parks, being business unfriendly, being the fastest dying city in the country with a population under 100,000, large number of section 8 housing and the highest taxes of the cities competing for local jobs, are a few of the reasons for the downfall and non-recovery of our city. With this image and reputation, Middletown will NOT recover from the economic problems when everyone else begin to improve. Anyone working for the city that use their position to punish or intimidate citizens, should be removed immediately. If money was spent as it should be (for street repair, separating the combined sewers, maintaining parks & pools, and etc.) there would not be money to pay the over-payed, under-performing people that have destroyed our city. Middletown was going down hill for years before the economy tanked for everyone else, and will still be declining for years after everyone else has recovered, if we the citizens don't demand better out of the city building. Every house in Middletown could be pristine and we will NOT attract business until we address the basic  problems of poor image and reputations, poor schools, poor streets, business unfriendly, out of control bureaucrats, large number of section 8 housing and high taxes.
Government is not the answer to problems, government is the problem.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2009 at 3:27pm

Nick, they seem to have time for everything but doing the right thing.
While they run all over town tooting their horns about making Middletown
a more attractive place to live they send a city crew to the cemetery to dig up everything that would bloom next spring. You can bet I will never donate another dime to them.

Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2009 at 4:15pm
Vivian>> will you please call me
wannaknow View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannaknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2009 at 11:27pm
Is there anyone at the Middletown Journal that would print a story about what happened? How horrible that they would undo something that is so beneficial to the cemetary. That is just plain evil.
anglewings View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anglewings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2010 at 12:51pm
Guess what!  Thomas Rapp is back in crappy Middletown, Ohio. He was so quick to put it
down and now he's back. A little birdie told me. Look out Middletown!!!!!Clown
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2010 at 9:15pm
Pretty obvious he is back as he attended the last council meeting and announced it.Welcome back Thomas Rapp.
Mr. Dave View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2010 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by anglewings anglewings wrote:

Guess what!  Thomas Rapp is back in crappy Middletown, Ohio. He was so quick to put it
down and now he's back. A little birdie told me. Look out Middletown!!!!!Clown

Gee you have a great little birdy passing on such secrets to you. Glad your on the case.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic