Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Friday, April 19, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Another Middletown School Achievement......Not.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another Middletown School Achievement......Not.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Middletown School Achievement......Not.
    Posted: Oct 20 2009 at 9:41pm

If I had a Child at Verity I'd jump on this, but this is another nail in the MCSD Coffin.

More Middletown students eligible for private school scholarships

By Meagan Engle | Tuesday, October 20, 2009, 07:14 AM

Students from Verity Middle School are now eligible to apply for a state scholarship to attend private school.

Ohio’s EdChoice program provides scholarships to attend participating private schools to students from schools that have been rated in academic watch or academic emergency - the lowest two ratings on the state report card - for two of the past three years.

Verity has been rated in “academic watch” two of the last three years, according to the Ohio Department of Education.

Students at Amanda, Highview and Rosa Parks elementary schools are also eligible to apply to the EdChoice program.

The application period is Feb. 1, 2010 through April 16, 2010.

Get more info from the state here.

wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2009 at 9:47pm
Excuse me, Mr. Adkins, can you bring us some more low income housing and Section 8 residents that by law must have an income 30% or less of the areas median income.

I mean why settle for 30% poverty with the 2010 census lets go for 50%.  If the plan is to get the city to 50% or more of its residents at less than poverty level, please tell us now so we can all just give up and walk away from our homes.

The poverty level doesn't matter to Middletown City Council or Admin, just that Marconi thinks we have a wonderful Section 8 program that he is proud of.  What the hell is the matter with this picture.  We spent more time tonight talking about 3700 residents than we have spent on the other 47000 in the last year.

Absolutely astounding the lack of understanding the affect of City Councils and Admins actions on the school system and the business community and the city overall, but what the hell at least council is proud of their Section 8 program.  I wouldn't want Council to be proud of it's school system, that would be asking to much.

Just a hint for the City Admin and Council.........EXCESSIVE POVERTY IS A BAD THING.  Excessive Poverty is a City Killer........a school system killer........a business killer.  There needs to be a balance and you HAVE MOVED TO FAR IN THE WRONG DIRECTION.
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2009 at 9:57pm
Wasteful, Could'nt agree more!
mustang67 View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustang67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2009 at 8:05pm
After reading in the Journal about the elementary schools that are not anywhere near making the progress we were promised in teaching our children, I had to speak out.

The only way to "FIX" the schools is to go back to the way it was before all the "progressive" ways that we now have. Money isn't the answer! All the computers, all the new teaching ways, new schools, shorter hours, etc isn't going to work. No calculators or other mechanial devices should be used unless the students can do the math, spell correctly and know how to write a sentence with proper punctuation. Give the teachers the abiltiy to correct bad behavior without penalty within guidelines. I know from my own experience that using a calculator has decreased my math skills significantly.

We have had years and years of throwing money at a problem that only can be corrected by the students and their parents. Make changes or turn the town into 100% section 8.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic