FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Save the Cemetery RALLY!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Save the Cemetery RALLY!!!
    Posted: Oct 27 2009 at 8:01am

Save the Cemetery RALLY!!!

Middletonians, how would any of you feel about staging a short “Save the Cemetery” rally outside the entrance to Middletown’s Pioneer Cemetery one afternoon this week???

I propose nothing rowdy or disrespectful, simply a short gathering to show our City officials that we believe that the City owes a debt to our FOUNDERS, our VETERANS, our LOVED ONES, and all of the other departed currently resting in this MUNICIPAL cemetery.

This cemetery is in the FIRST WARD, but since the sitting first ward council person (who has had every opportunity to address these matters, has been conspicuously silent on the recent atrocities, I thought that I might ask candidate for First Ward City Council candidate, Mr. GARY BARGE, to say a few words. If no one else will speak, I will say a few words.

If anyone knows anyone who could perhaps play “Taps” on a bugle or trumpet, that might be a nice touch.

How about it??? I’ll check the weather and see if there is a nice afternoon towards the end of the week.

Is anyone else interested???

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2009 at 8:36am
Mike,
      Your suggestion is most appropriate. It should also be done at city hall to demonstrate its time for change.  Pick the day and time.
      Count me in.
      Thank you.
       Paul Nagy
Gary Barge View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Barge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2009 at 9:06am
Hey Mike
 COUNT ME IN (I GOT YOUER BACK)
Gary Barge
FOR 1st WARD CITY COUNCIL

randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2009 at 9:10am
MiddletownUSA.com will indeed be there. I think It's a great idea.

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Barge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2009 at 9:13am
Randy
Call me
Gary Barge
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2009 at 4:34pm
Mike-I am interested.  Only day bad for me is Wed afternoon.
Chris
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2009 at 5:12pm
i will be there let me know when
tomahawk35 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2009 at 10:49pm
Mike, Count me in and Thursday's weather is calling for sunny and 68. I hope this will be after working hrs.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 12:18am

Thursday looks like a great afternoon!

However, I was thinking more like around 2:30 PM.  I realize that this is during working hours for many people, and most of MiddletownUSA.com's readers are, indeed, working people or business people.  However, who knows how the city will react to this?  Should the city vindictively order anyone to be UNJUSTLY arrested, I would feel some responsibility and I want to be able to get to the bank to withdraw funds to bail them out!. 

(NOTE to the Middletown Police Department:  PLEASE do not misconstrue this statement!!!  I fully support the Department and I have always know them to be fair and reasonable!  I am concerned only about orders that may come down from City Hall that the Department might be forced to carry out.  Middletown's civilian leaders have shown themselves to be tyrannical and vindictive, especially on this issue.)
So, how about it PEOPLE???  Thursday at 2:30???  Or does someone have a better idea??
The Journal weather forecast calls for a high of 70 degrees and SUNNY (so you may want to bring a winter jacket and an umbrella LOL)!

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 12:53am
Mike-   I will be there if i can muster up enough energy to get there. Mike you better check on a permit, and call all the news media. City hall does not like news media for something like this.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 4:12am
Originally posted by Impala SS Impala SS wrote:

Mike-   I will be there if i can muster up enough energy to get there. Mike you better check on a permit, and call all the news media. City hall does not like news media for something like this.

Mr. Rapp,

Thank you for the “heads up”! I certainly do NOT want to break any laws. However, I just spent several hours searching the codified city ordinances trying to find a call for a “permit” or any other requirements for such a gathering (or for any other type of peaceful gathering that does not obstruct any private or public business or activity). We do NOT intend to have a parade, or any sort of entertainment. Any “speaking”, other than perhaps a short, non-denominational prayer for the dear departed or perhaps a call for a “moment of silence”, would be by a “public servant” only, to the best of my knowledge. Then again, I cannot imagine there being any restrictions on the spontaneous free speech or conversation of any person or persons during a small peaceful gathering in a park-like setting such as the open, public area outside the entrance to Pioneer Cemetery.

However, all of that having been said, let me put it this way:

I think that I, myself, will go to Middletown Pioneer Cemetery this Thursday afternoon, October 29, 2009, about 2:30 pm, to visit the remains and spirits of our city’s founders and those who may have bled to establish or defend this great, free nation. I may even look at the HISTORIC vault and the area immediately surrounding it. In ANY event, I SHALL be back OUTSIDE the Main gate near the flagpole by 2:55 pm to be sure that I do not get LOCKED IN. I may even pledge allegiance to my country and our flag at that point.

I’m a nice guy, this cemetery is the MOST HISTORIC venue in Middletown, and this is a FREE COUNTRY (at least for the time being). It would not be ANYONE’s fault if I was NOT the only one at this popular, public area at that time. In fact, as long as they are peaceful, I could not stop them even if I wanted to do so. It would be illegal to even TRY to stop them, and a violation of their civil rights, and I have no interest in breaking the law.

Gandhi walked for days just to gather a little sea water from which to harvest the salt. Certainly I can use my scooter to ride through our HISTORIC cemetery and then stand and pledge allegiance to Old Glory.

As for the media, if the city does not want the media there for MY visit, then I guess that I won't call them!
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Gary Barge Gary Barge wrote:

Randy
Call me
Gary Barge
You are GARY BARGE!!! LOL LOL LOL
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 11:44am
ha ha that was funny LOL
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 11:45am
Is this a go? I want to join in. I can also get Channel 5 there. Time for the old to go and take care of there own bussinesses they have. Thumbs%20Up
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 12:21pm
LMAO:
PLEASE see my 4:12 am post (just a couple of posts previous to this one.)

I wil be there at 2:30 pm, and back outside by the gate and the flagpole by 2:55. 
I am NOT organizing a rally or anything else.  However, there is nothing that I can legally do to stop you, or any other person from visiting the PUBLIC Middletown Pioneer Cemetery in the 1700 block of First Avenue, just west of Denny Lumber at any time you care to peacefully choose to do so.  The cemetery closes at 3:00 pm, so be sure that you do not get locked inside IF you EVER decide to visit this most HISTORIC site in Middletown. 

I am fairly certain that it would be legal linger on the PUBLIC property outside the gate if one wanted to pray after 3:00 PM, or meditate, or for any other peaceful purpose.  Just be sure to park legally.  (There is plenty of free street parking near the cemetery.) 

Perhaps I will happen to run into you there some Thursday afternoon around 2:30 or 2:55!!!!
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Barge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 1:10pm
Mike call me
Gary Barge
wannaknow View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannaknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 11:48pm
Do it Mike, call him Gary Barge
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 5:57am
Originally posted by wannaknow wannaknow wrote:

LOL!
I already did (Call him Gary Barge), and I already had (telephoned him at about the same time that he was posting that!!!)Big%20smile 
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 8:11am
MIKE and all other friends of the Middletown Cemetery
I will be at the cemetery also and I would also suggest that someone call channel 12 since they have been at the cemetery several other times.
Marjorie Root Anderson can not join us today because of another important appointment. The vindictive actions taken against me and the Middletown Cemetery by the City are a disgrace to our community.
SAVE OUR CEMTERY
LET FREEDOM RING
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 10:15am
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 10:18am
Originally posted by wannaknow wannaknow wrote:

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 10:19am
City Council members, and candidates should also be invited to your "gathering".
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 10:32am
Channel 12, Channel 19 and Channel 7 have been invited
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2009 at 10:37am
Originally posted by TudorBrown TudorBrown wrote:

City Council members, and candidates should also be invited to your "gathering".
I say they will be there but out of sight. Thats how they play. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic