FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I endorse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ice Box View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I endorse
    Posted: Nov 01 2009 at 10:02pm
Gary Barge, A.J. Smith, Josh Labauch and Paul Nagy!
wannaknow View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannaknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2009 at 11:23pm
I live in Ward 1 which I feel is the most neglected area of the city. I had an occasion to be downtown Thursday afternoon, walking from First St. over to Central Ave by way of Liebee. There were tree limbs on the corner curb that forced me to walk out in the road. There were 10-12 tattered bags of garbage by the sidewalk. There are no houses there so who knows where and how long the garbage has been sitting there. Turning on to Central there were so many leaves on the sidewalk that it was difficult to avoid all the holes. There were milk jugs, pop cans, plastic water bottles strewn everywhere. Drive around Ward 1 and see all the businesses that have closed, the weed choked parking lots, cracked roads and trash everywhere (we won't even bring up the canal). I have said I don't really know what the ward council person does. I can see what impact Armbruster has had on my neighborhood in all his years in office and I say it's time for change. I hope everyone gets out and votes for GARY BARGE!!!!!!!!
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2009 at 8:37am
Armbruster is useless.
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2009 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Ice Box Ice Box wrote:

Gary Barge, A.J. Smith, Josh Labauch and Paul Nagy!

Same here, except I'm going with Picard over Nagy.
Impala SS View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala SS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2009 at 11:40am
Gary Barge,John Sopanish,  Paul NAGY
Nelson R. Self View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson R. Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2009 at 12:48pm
Impala SS -

It's ALWAYS good to read your comments!

Our thoughts, prayers and best wishes are with you!
Nelson Self
tbrew85 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbrew85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2009 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by wannaknow wannaknow wrote:

I live in Ward 1 which I feel is the most neglected area of the city. I had an occasion to be downtown Thursday afternoon, walking from First St. over to Central Ave by way of Liebee. There were tree limbs on the corner curb that forced me to walk out in the road. There were 10-12 tattered bags of garbage by the sidewalk. There are no houses there so who knows where and how long the garbage has been sitting there. Turning on to Central there were so many leaves on the sidewalk that it was difficult to avoid all the holes. There were milk jugs, pop cans, plastic water bottles strewn everywhere. Drive around Ward 1 and see all the businesses that have closed, the weed choked parking lots, cracked roads and trash everywhere (we won't even bring up the canal). I have said I don't really know what the ward council person does. I can see what impact Armbruster has had on my neighborhood in all his years in office and I say it's time for change. I hope everyone gets out and votes for GARY BARGE!!!!!!!!

I am new to this forum and have a lot of catching up to do. I do not live in Ward 1 and I don't personally know either of the ward 1 candidates. I agree that Mr. Armbruster has done little to nothing during his time on council. If I am wrong then I hope someone will enlighten me.

My question though is what does the council representative from your ward have to do with the "milk jugs, pop cans, and plastic water bottles strewn everywhere."? Isn’t that the responsibility of the citizens that live in that ward? YOUR NEIGHBORS are the ones that make your ward look bad. If the residents’ don’t care enough about where they live, (or care enough to vote) how do you expect ANY representative to fix those problems?

I keep hearing about the apathy in this city. I then hear about how awful it would be to have a bunch of representatives from ward 3 on council. It appears to me that ward 3 is the only ward that really cares about the city they live in. Every ward has people that care, but not enough of them. All you have to do is drive around this city, with no knowledge of ward boundaries, and it is evident who cares and who does not. I do live in ward 3. I care about what my house, my street, and my neighborhood look like. Fortunately, so do most of my neighbors. I don’t expect Josh Laubach (who I voted for) to have any impact on what my neighborhood looks like and I didn’t expect Tony Marconi to either.

I do not live in a rich neighborhood. I live in the house I grew up in. I bought it from my parents when they moved to Florida 5 years ago (at market value). My house and neighborhood was built in 1964, we moved into it 4 years later, it is not new or extravagant. I am not part of any “ol boys network” and don’t know anyone that is.

I look forward to participating in these forums.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic