FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drug Market Intervention

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drug Market Intervention
    Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 9:38am
Taken from Middletown City Managers Weekly Update to City council

The Drug Market Intervention (DMI) was pioneered in High Point, N.C., in 2004. The strategy brings together drug dealers, their families, law enforcement, social service providers and community leaders to eliminate open air street corner drug markets. Violent drug dealers are arrested and removed from the target neighborhood. Non-violent, first offenders are offered job placement and other needed social services to get out of the drug trade with immediate arrest and prosecution for those who return to drug dealing.

For the complete story click here Drug Market Intervention

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
justwatching View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justwatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 10:04am
I'm all about getting the drug dealers off the streets but.... "job placement"? Really? The government can find jobs for drug dealers but honest hard working Americans are left to fend for themselves? What is this country coming to....
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 1:18pm
Is there an age limit for this intervention program ? It sounds like it's geared toward teens. Which I guess is ok if it works.

What I've seen happen is when the task force does a sweep on 9th,15th and in around that area the dealers that don't get caught just relocate to Young,Baltimore,Curtis & Fairmount area. I agree that you can not stop the dealing unless you slam the suppliers. If there is no supplies there is no dealing. But kudos to the police for at least doing something.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 7:42pm
So if you want to find a job, become a drug dealer, then get caught so someone can find a job for you... hummmm

It is too bad they can't treat the drug problem like they do in the South Asia areas. If you are caught with drugs, the law will arrest you, and then you are shot. There is a sign as you come off the plane at the airport that says.. if you are caught with drugs, you will be shot.. hehe You can see, sometimes, who the dealers are. Just the other day I saw a newer Bentley driving down the street. A lot of the time, you will see really nice newer high end cars with super dark tinted windows.If you really want to clean up the city, get rid of these people. But I do applaud the police for trying something.
Mr. Dave View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 10:35pm
You guys are too quick to give credit to the cops, lets be honest here. We all know were the drug dealers and hookers are at in this town. Drive downtown and look around. The cops drive right by and do nothing. I watched a hooker the otherday get in a car and a cop dove right on by. this town is a joke when it comes to crime. You see it all over the place in Middletown, cant wait for the train to get here, people can stop here step off the train pick up some crack and a hooker. Who wouldn't want to ride the train here. I love me city.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic