FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Legalizing Marijuana

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Legalizing Marijuana
    Posted: Dec 28 2009 at 3:36pm
A report  on Foxnews.com talks about making pot legal, or at least the feds wont be prosecuting in states that have laws allowing the sale of it.

I have long sense thought it should be legal, if you can by alcohol and prescription drugs then I dont see the problem.

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2009 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by randy randy wrote:

A report  on Foxnews.com talks about making pot legal, or at least the feds wont be prosecuting in states that have laws allowing the sale of it.

I have long sense thought it should be legal, if you can by alcohol and prescription drugs then I dont see the problem.

Well, I do!  If you show up for work and are tested for Drugs and Alcohol after using Pot the night before, you will be positive. The Same can not be said for Alky or most common Scrips.

How does one hold a Job and use legal Pot? That is the Stumbling Block, not that most Americans care what someone else does.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2009 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by lrisner lrisner wrote:

Originally posted by randy randy wrote:

Well, I do!  If you show up for work and are tested for Drugs and Alcohol after using Pot the night before, you will be positive. The Same can not be said for Alky or most common Scrips.

How does one hold a Job and use legal Pot? That is the Stumbling Block, not that most Americans care what someone else does.

Not true alcohol will show up the next day if you drunk to much. The Point is if someone wants to sit home and smoke the should be allowed too. Alcohol has destroyed far more lives than pot. People are always gonna smoke the stuff might as well tax it.
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2009 at 7:22pm
Duh! Randy, alky will not show up after 12 hrs unless you get staggeringly Drunk. Pot can show up as long as 30 Days.

Geeez, the same lame arguments. Until there is testing that will NOT show positive for Pot after a reasonable time since smoking, about 24 hrs say, it is irresponsible for any one to Smoke. How can Society gauge whether someone was High or not, until that test is in existence.

I am sorry, but I can not see how any rational person would think otherwise. If you want to debate, drop the ridiculous Alky and Drug comparison. Talk only about Testing and how to know someone is NOT high when they test positive. Currently we HAVE to assume they are High and let them suffer the consequences. Because of that harsh reality, no reasonable person is going to Smoke Dope.

randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2009 at 7:41pm
Since you wanna be a smarty, Alky will show up up to 24 hours, and pot will last just a few days unless you are a long term smoker. If a guy wants to smoke pot he should be able to, look at the prison system it is packed with people doing time over pot. Maybe you like paying for them. People get DUI's everyday and kill people while drinking and driving, thats ok though right. If one is legal then they both should be or both should not be. If a person wants to make a personal choice to smoke pot who are you to say they cant ?
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 7:12pm
If a person smokes at 7pm doesn't mean they'll still be high by 9am to start work. Besides,I've seen people smoke dope ON THE JOB so Irisner your argument doesn't hold water. Randy is right when he says drinking has done far more damage than pot. The only real reason pot is still illegal is because it's a money maker for politicians & municipalities.

I can't see pot ever being legal due to the attitude towards tobacco. Tobacco is all but illegal & the health industry from your doctor to your insurance company are constantly screaming about smoking or chewing so for pot to ever become legal it would have to be like cigars, "fashionable for the fat cat in his caddy who welds all the power".
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 9:57pm
I don't see reefer as any worse than alcohol or tobacco, which is by no means a ringing endorsement.
It is simply illegal in most states(fewer all of the time).
None of the above are good for you, and your health is pretty important.

Pot can be the beginning to worse things, though few that smoke pot didn't begin with cigs or booze.
Actually drunks and chain smokers bother me the most, but that is my thing.

Smart = leaving them all alone
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 10:41pm
I work in Cardiologyand have seen quite a few patients come in having a heart attack related to smoking marijuana... I also know quite a "potheads" that prefer to buy their drugs instead of paying their bills, taking care of their kids etc.  ...
But this can be said about any drug.  There are people that are prescribed narcotics such as ativan, xanax, percocets, oxycontin that take them at home and then drive to work and function there all day. 
If there is a drug test, they only have to tell the testers (or even provide proof) that they have a legal script for the medication to be covered. 
Which raises the question, why not marijuana too?
Insurance companies are being up the issue of the bad effects of smoking, but what about cheeseburgers and other red meats?  The insectisides on our food? Alcohol related injuries?  And the countless other stupid things we people do?  We all have our vices, what makes one worse than other, besides who is for or against it?
gemneye70 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemneye70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2010 at 8:27pm
it should be legal
anglewings View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anglewings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2010 at 11:42am
Problem is our government spends too much money now on the booze. People started drinking it, then
needed help getting off it. Who pays for it. Insurence and Government. Not too mention all the police time
waisted on traffic stops because it people seem now days to show no self control of their own so they think they can drink a 6-pack and jump into their car and drive.  If our society can not control booze how can they control pot?  Its just and excuse. The plant should be extinct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AngryAngryAngry
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2010 at 1:10pm
angelwings- how about the cancer patients that get some relief from the chemo by smoking marijuana? Certainly, you wouldn't deny a person in that condition relief, would you? IMO, there is nothing wrong with prescription grass for medical purposes. Getting smashed and getting behind the wheel- a big no-no. Smokers in public polluting the environment of others trying to enjoy an evening out- another no-no and I smoked cigars---- not in the house around the wife, but outside walking the perimeter. Since October 22, she had to quit due to her stroke, so I have now given up cigars after 20 years to support her. Not fair to make her quit without giving up smoking also, right??? And- we are saving the money that we spent on smokes to put into the car's gas tank!!!!
Mr. Dave View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2010 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by anglewings anglewings wrote:

Problem is our government spends too much money now on the booze. People started drinking it, then
needed help getting off it. Who pays for it. Insurence and Government. Not too mention all the police time
waisted on traffic stops because it people seem now days to show no self control of their own so they think they can drink a 6-pack and jump into their car and drive.  If our society can not control booze how can they control pot?  Its just and excuse. The plant should be extinct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AngryAngryAngry

Problem is the government likes to tell people what they can do or can not do.  It's about personal choice. The word "control" is what I dont like about our government, You my uneducated friend need to learn the benefits of the plant before you wish it extinct.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2010 at 8:07am
Looks like California is taking the steps to make pot legal. It's just a matter of time before it spreads to other states. Read more here Making it legal in California
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic