FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Only One Candidate For Superintendent

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Only One Candidate For Superintendent
    Posted: Jan 08 2010 at 12:03pm
Source Middletown Journal:

MIDDLETOWN — One of the two remaining finalists vying to be the next superintendent of Middletown City Schools withdrew his name from contention today, Jan. 8.

Lloyd D. Martin, the former superintendent of Mansfield City Schools, told the Middletown Board of Education this morning about his intention to bow out, board president Marcia Andrew said.

“Dr. Martin said he felt as though the controversy from Mansfield has followed him here,” Andrew said. “This has caused the focus to be on him instead of the children of Middletown, therefore he was withdrawing his name.”

Andrew said tonight’s 6 p.m. “Meet the Candidates” forum will go on as scheduled, although there is only one candidate left: Greg Rasmussen, an assistant superintendent from Wichita, Kan.

I guess we know who the Superintendent will be, Welcome Mr. Greg Rasmussen
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2010 at 12:08pm
BYE, that ought to make it easy tonight.  Only in Middletown can you get into a mess like this, paying this much money to find an employee and then pick 3, with one very questionable one, and then end up with one out of what 30-40 candidates.  Shaking my head at the BOE......................
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2010 at 12:14pm
Thats a great point.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2010 at 1:01pm
"Dr. Martin said he felt as though the controversy from Mansfield has followed him here," Andrew said......translation- the Mansfield people relayed all the problems about this guy and warned the Middletown people that he was bad news, and, if hired, would have been as unpopular with the citizens as the current city leaders are now.

"This has caused the focus to be on him instead of the children of Middletown, therefore he was withdrawing his name."......translation- the truth will be hard to hide and the people are getting too close to what I wanted to keep from them. I think I'll make a feeble attempt to direct the attention on the kids in Middletown to re-focus the overwhelming negative evidence that is being directed toward me.

Thanks goes out to the Mansfield people who cared enough to warn us about this candidate. It will still be a shame that this person has the ability to go to another state/town and do damage to another school district. Sad that these people are not removed from the system , but are just recycled.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2010 at 5:31pm
I am shocked--SHOCKED, I tell you--that Santa Claus and Rudolph and the other reindeer would do this to us!!!

Has a "betting line" been established yet on whether Rasmussen will withdraw or will the BoE just start over???
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2010 at 5:40pm
One good thing, the internet has all these conversations about Lloyd. Like this one from the Mansfield News Journal:

Superintendent's departure divisive
MANSFIELD -- The polarizing figure of Mansfield City Schools Superintendent Lloyd Martin remains as divisive as ever.

On Thursday, Martin received a check in excess of $160,000, according to Mansfield City Schools Treasurer Jim Lehmann. Martin submitted his letter of resignation to the payroll office in exchange for the check. The total includes his annual net salary of $94,865, sick pay, vacation time and other benefits.

Others see Martin's resignation as the best New Year's Eve gift the district could receive.

Brad Strong, first vice president of the Mansfield Schools Education Association, said the district employees as a group are pleased Martin has decided to move on.

"The staff is at the lowest morale it's ever been," Strong said Thursday. "When the superintendent (Martin) announced his resignation, I received over 200 texts and phone calls from employees.

"There's a lot of happy people in Mansfield. New Year's Eve just took a whole new meaning for the employees of Mansfield City Schools."

Mansfield Mayor Don Culliver said he hopes people will think more positively about educating children here in 2010.

"We hope this action by the board is positive for the board and Lloyd Martin, too. We hope something good comes out of this," Culliver said. "We'd like everybody to be in a win-win situation if possible."

Former Mansfield City Schools teacher Perry Brokaw retired June 5, 2009. Brokaw, who spent 31 years teaching special-needs students in the Mansfield district and Knox County Schools, said his decision to resign ultimately because of Martin.

"Being forced out of teaching due to the constant turmoil he (Martin) created is the main reason I retired. I loved kids but disliked his inept appointments of know-nothings. At least (former superintendents Ron) Morvai and (Scott) Gordon had qualified administrators," he said Thursday.

Messer and Strong were incensed by the actions of the outgoing board, which signed off on Martin's payout just before the year ended.

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2010 at 5:50pm
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2010 at 7:29pm
Why not Mr. Presta, his resume' is longer than President Obamas LOL
gemneye70 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemneye70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2010 at 8:42pm
As opposed to GW's which said, "my daddy was the prezidant."
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2010 at 9:16pm
I don't know Gem, I think Texas Govenor from '95-2000, trumps being a Senator for 2 years and then an absentee Senator for the next 2 yrs.
Marcia Andrew View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcia Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2010 at 5:27pm
Mr. Presta, you are reading too much in to the date on a letter. Greg Rasmussen was one of the 30 candidates the School Board reviewed and discussed with the search consultant, and he was one of the 8 we selected for initial interviews. He flew to Middletown for an interview December 11 or 12th. The Board then selected him as one of the three finalists to bring back for a more in-depth round of interviews, including the community forum last night.
Marcia Andrew
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2010 at 6:16pm
Thank you for stopping by Mrs. Andrew and thanks for your comment.  Please stop by more often and jump right in, we would all like to see our schools improve.Thumbs%20Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic