FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new to town

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
enaj View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new to town
    Posted: Jan 17 2010 at 1:05am
Hi--  Just  moved from Cincinnati to Middletown.  I love it here- and am wondering why the town has such a bad reputation.   The negativity surrounding this area is astounding, yet it is by far the friendliest place I have ever lived.   Middletown has so much to offer and so much potential.   Reason for post tonight- I have tried some of the area restaurants, but  would appreciate suggestions/advice  from locals.  I would love to try all of the independents. I prefer to spend my $$ locally. THANKS!!!
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2010 at 5:52am
Jane, oops...I mean enaj, any particular type of cusine that inerests you?
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2010 at 8:34am
enaj unfortunately being the friendliest place on earth is not enough to be a successful City as far as Economics, education, socio-ecnomic standing, maintaining infrastructure, leadership, etc. goes.  As far as having so much to offer, if you haven't notice many businesses are leaving the city or simply just closing all due to above listed items or the lack of them.

Until the city tackles the issues and problems, which it first must admit exist, then being the friendliest place on earth LOL isn't going to be enough to ensure Middletown's survival.

As the Middletown Journal stated yesterday, "Critics of City Hall have enough ammunition without giving them a gift-wrapped grievance like this."
jag123 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jag123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2010 at 8:47am
Jane:  Welcome to town. Form your own opinions of Middletown, get involved and contribute your time to the many volunteer organizations we have. As far as eating establishments, try Stefano's on Central, the best around. In Monroe, the Red Onion is wonderful. Trenton has Yardbirds, also good. We have the Manchester Inn and a couple of bars, my favorites, have great food. Lakeside Inn on Tytus is good. Jagster
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2010 at 8:05pm

enaj your words about Middletown are the most positive thing I have heard any one say for years,Thanks and welcome to town.

viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2010 at 9:28pm
Welcome to town! I am rather new here myself.
squeemy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squeemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2010 at 3:41am
I'd like to know more about the reputation Middletown has in surrounding areas. What is being said?
squeemy, squeemy, squeemy
say it 3 times
it'll make you feel good
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2010 at 1:58pm
Jane, does your last name sound like "Gilligan"? 
Marlayne Skeens View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlayne Skeens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2010 at 5:33pm
HELLO and WELCOME  to Middletown Enaj ~
 I also came to Middletown; however, it was almost 25 years ago and I Still LOVE MIDDLETOWN. I was told that True Middletonians will watch you to see if you really are, who you say you are. That I should be myself and that they will come around. A funny story of knowing I was accepted: I worked @ McAlpin's and use to collect Precious Moments ( at the time McAlpin's had a China Department ~ I went to the department and said " Hello, I'm Marlayne Skeens. I transfered here from Cherry Grove McAlpin's in Clermont Co and I collect Precious Moments " I said that with a Big Smile and very proud ~ that lady and I do mean lady, said nothing; however, in time she called me to tell me new Precious Moments came in ~ That was when I knew Middletown had accepted me. Welcome ~ there is a lot to be Thankful for in Middletown ~ Yes we have our problems, etc ~ so does every town ~ I believe that Middletown is a Diamond in the rough ~ Middeltown from what I have been told was very productive in the past and has been going through some rough times ~ as in many cities, companies, etc ~ There are highs and lows ~ Some may say we're down, I say, we're not out! I Love Middletown Smile 
I offer Professional, Ethical Service and a Smile,
while Following The Golden Rule ~ Thank You :-)
*For ALL Your Real Estate Needs Call Marlayne with Real Living Realty Services @ 513-465-6747
PattiGal View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattiGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2010 at 6:51pm
Hi enaj...welcome to town!! I don't live in Middletown, but have owned and operated a business here for 23 years. I believe you are in the company of some of the greatest, most caring, generous people there are. Good choice...and there are negative people everywhere!
"Because nice matters..."
Marlayne Skeens View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlayne Skeens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2010 at 6:23pm
Well said and Thanks PattiGal !!!! Clap Like I said, I LOVE MIDDLETOWN Smile Welcome Enaj Thumbs%20Up
I offer Professional, Ethical Service and a Smile,
while Following The Golden Rule ~ Thank You :-)
*For ALL Your Real Estate Needs Call Marlayne with Real Living Realty Services @ 513-465-6747
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic