FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gilleland Moving Or Just Fiction?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gilleland Moving Or Just Fiction?
    Posted: Feb 24 2010 at 6:32am
Read a comment on the Suncoke situation in the Journal today. Did anyone read where one of the posters suggested that Gilleland was moving out of Middletown? Interesting, if true. OR, perhaps someone just trying to stir up ----.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2010 at 1:31pm
Vet:
I wondered about that myself when some of the MMF-ers were so dead-set on removing the residency requirement for the city manager from the charter last year.  I wondered why it was even raised as an issue...unless someone wanted it changed. 
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2010 at 3:34pm

If it is so,Please take a few with you.LOL

rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2010 at 4:28pm
Rumor has it that Judy is living with one of the MMF'ers, maybe he wants to move
Nelson R. Self View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson R. Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2010 at 6:18pm

As the dear, departed Buffalo Bob of television history from the 1950's might say to his exhuberant Peanut Gallery, "Hey kids, what time is it ??

IT'S "JOODY DOODY TIME!!

Heidi%20Doody%20Puppet

CAUTION:  This innocent looking but vindictive MMF puppet "on a string" was reportedly observed in the vicinity of One Donham Plaza !!  Don't be fooled by her plastic smile !!  She can be quite dangerous !!
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2010 at 6:53pm
Judy, Judy, Judy (Picnic with William Holden right?)

I thought she was with Crosby? Am I wrong?

acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2010 at 10:44pm

Might as well forget about anyone in city hall ever taking care of its citizens. I have heard Judy is a real
      heart breaker, left a lot of cowboys on their own.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 6:54am
That ain't Sammy on that horse, is it? Are you suggesting that Sammy's heart may be broken sometime down the road and he may be left a thinkin' what might have been? Looks like what we got here folks, is what we call a tragedy. Stay tuned. Pat Benetar's Heartbreaker song comes to mind about now.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 7:33am
what a bunch of gossiping bizibodies
Ms.G bought a nice house a couple of blocks from my home, and seems very happy there.
As for her personal situation, she seems happy there also.
The Ms.G that I know "off the job" is a very pleasant, enjoyable person.

None of the above has anything to do with my opinions of what goes on downtown.

I thought that the campus was taking the old downtown senior center or the wimmins' center.
What about the Cinergy building or one of Mr.Thatcher's bank buildings? Swallens?
I hear that re-hab has begun in the mildewed/molded AK building on Central next to the square.
Otherwise downtown is face down dead like Elvis.

Roosevelt school?
Nice building/location(with a swimming pool and newlt refurbished park behind!) but as has been said-old news and empty for quite a while. If someone REALLY wanted it and had the resources to use it, then it would probably be happening.

Wild hoops game at Wade E Wednesday.
Middies are now 13-6 with a team that could easily be 6-13.
Moeller comes in 2morrow night at 7pm for the season finale, with a tough tourney game to follow at X next Wed. vs. Woodward(12-5 and coached by former Middie asst.Lannis Timmons).
A win over Moeller would be HUGE, giving the homeboys a sweep of the super-power this year.
Tough task--but not impossible. Hopefully we will show them better hospitality than they showed us for the football game. Hopefully our fans will behave regardless of the game result.
Come out to join Smartman,myself and the loyal regulars for the best entertainment around town.

And those of you who missed Bela Fleck's "Throw Down Your Heart" show at MU-H Mon.evening missed a truly special event. Spectacular beyond description.
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 8:15am
See ya tat the game Spider !Thumbs%20Up
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 9:02am
"Otherwise downtown is face down dead like Elvis"

Elvis is dead ?!! Shocked
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 10:56am
Honestly, who really cares. Evaluate the weekly updates; survey notices out to determine who wants a Middletown zip code out by the hospital, diversity training, fill the potholes notices, Middletown's got a brighter future, its so trivial and missing the big picture. She could live in Dallas and the city wouldn't miss a beat ( make a step forward in the right direction).  
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 11:01am
Ouch! Spiderman.....the "gossiping bizibodies" comment cut to the quick! Yeah, we know....Antrim Ct. is where your city manager resides.

Glad to hear that Gilleland is so pleasant "off the job". Too bad she comes across like a ----- during official city business and seems to demonstrate it with some of the personel issues under her command. Too "Jeckle/Hydish" in personality IMO.

And where will you, Smartman and the loyal regulars be sitting as one enters the gym from Curtis St?
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 11:07am
In the balcony habdling 50/50 sales!
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 11:39am
Just for fun-- if Sammy A and Judy G were dating before she was city manager, shouldn't one wonder about her appointment because of his affliation with MMF?  Was she put there to help push their agenda?
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 1:30pm
Hey Vet--I will be sitting directly behind the Moeller scorekeeper(so PLEASE don't throw anything at him!), also right behind the Middies bench.
I have 3 extra seats AT THIS TIME--feel free to come over to join me!

Look me up Smartman--I want in the pot for one last 50/50 score.
The ticket-sellers haven't been covering my area very well.
Maybe the chess team needs new boards/pieces/clocks.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 1:33pm
Can't swear to it Hermes, but I haven't heard of any recent Elvis sightings anywhere.
Though he could easily be living in Middletown(on Section 8?), with no one knowing about it.
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2010 at 10:56am
Originally posted by rngrmed rngrmed wrote:

Rumor has it that Judy is living with one of the MMF'ers

LOL

Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2010 at 11:36am
Originally posted by TudorBrown TudorBrown wrote:

Originally posted by rngrmed rngrmed wrote:

Rumor has it that Judy is living with one of the MMF'ers
The rumor that I heard was that the freeloader was living with her!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic