FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Public Housing Minutes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Public Housing Minutes
    Posted: Mar 01 2010 at 8:51am
In my opinion a lot transpired at the last Middletown Public Housing. Vice Mayor Scott-Jones asked some tough questions of Consoc and City Manager Gilleland.

Exert

Ms. Scott Jones stated if someone is being paid and supposed to be doing a job and is not, we don’t want that happening for two years. If it’s not CONSOC’s problem, then we need to know where the problem is. The rampup time shouldn’t be that hard. The program has existed for fourteen years. We need to move forward and move forward appropriately.

Ms. Gilleland said the overall goal is to provide quality housing choices and not to point fingers. We will try to get to the bottom of the issues and work through them to have an excellent program.

Ms. Scott Jones said with all due respect, there will be fingers pointed. They will be pointed mostly at council. If she is going to get fingers pointed at her, she wants to know how to respond, she said she wants to know what she is taking the heat for.

View the complete minutes here,
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2010 at 12:03pm
What is Gilleland implying when she says not to point fingers ?

Sounds like,IMO,she is saying shut up and lets continue business as usual.

But I could be wrong (thats rare)
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2010 at 7:32am
Gilleland..... " bottom of the issues and work through them to have an excellent program" Translation..... I will give you a generalized passification answer to appease you now, Ms. Scott-Jones, hoping that this will be forgotten in the future and the program will continue to be business as usual, meaning as I want it run as long as I'm the city manager.

"goal is to provide quality housing choices and not to point fingers"....Translation.....the program will continue regardless of your questions and objections and we will play the "Mulligan game" of being nice and non-confrontational while ignoring the real situation of town destruction.
NRS View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2010 at 9:56am

Miss Vivian -

You were correct in your assessment of the out-of-town consultant who was hand-picked by senior City staff members to undertake HUD Housing Quality Standards inspections for the local Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) Program.  Just think, $140,000 per year is being paid to the out-of-this world consultant for what Mr. Adkins called "a mess in December and less of a problem in January?"

As you also said, how strange it is that nobody in Middletown is qualified to do this work?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic