FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures
    Posted: May 13 2010 at 6:55am
According to the Planning Committee article in the Journal, it looks like Dan Bremer is going to have the Middletown Animal Clinic building torn down and will build a new one. It's at the corner of Grand and Highview and has been there since I was a kid. Old Doc Bremer ran it while Dan and I were going to Highview Elementary in the 50's. This business, along with Armbruster Florists next door are Middletown icons. At the rate the current city leaders are demolishing buildings, might not be a bad idea to get a collection of the various icons around town like the Jug on Central, the old Anchor downtown, the old Colonial Theatre (Sorg Opera House now), the Strand (Studio now), the old Sons Bar and Grill at the point at Central and 1st Ave., the old Montgomery Ward building on University, the old Rinks Bargain City building on Roosevelt by the license bureau, Divers Feed and Coal, Dennys Lumber and others just to salvage the memories from a better time for this town. Just a thought.
Observer View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Observer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2010 at 9:14am
I've known the Bremers for quite a while and I believe Dr. Bremer sold his practice about a year or so ago.   I quick search of the auditors website shows Neumman Holdings as the owner of the building.  Dr. Neumman is the new Vet at the Middletown Animal Hospital so I assume she is the one making the changes.  However it is sad to see the buildings that I've known my entire life come down, even if in many cases there is little alternative.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2010 at 10:04am
Thanks for the info. Observer. I didn't know Dan had sold the business his dad started. What ever happened to Dave and Don(?) Bremer? Back in the 50's we use to play football in that lot behind the vet clinic after school at Wilson Elementary. At the time, I lived just down the road on Grand where Dorset and Grand intersect. Short walk home for me from the clinic. Do you remember Boehnies Greenhouses where the housing is now on Dorset?
adamwlewis View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamwlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2010 at 11:07am
Dr. Rae Neumann is the new owner and is the one building the new clinic. She is a very good vet and a personal friend of mine.
Adam Lewis' Blog
Observer View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Observer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2010 at 11:23am

Vet.  I believe (not certain) that the other brothers moved to the Columbus area.  Don I believe is a doctor not sure about Dave.  I don't remember Boehnies Greenhouses, I imagine I'm a bit to young to remember them. 

I would echo what Adam said.  We've taken our pets to Middletown Animal Hospital for awhile and Dr. Neumann has done an excellent job since taking over for Dr. Bremer. 
vickylee View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2010 at 9:55pm
I've met her.She is nice to everyone!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic