FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Comments in the Journal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Comments in the Journal
    Posted: May 17 2010 at 12:52pm
I am not sure how to take all this talk about MUSA, but one thing is for sure people are talking about us. And I'm not sure when the last time there was a library meeting but I am pretty sure it has been a while.

I love how people like citizen Kane can go on the Journal's site and talk about MUSA (it's the first time) but never come here state all these great opinions about us.

I challenge any member of the Journals comment page to come here and debate with the likes of Presta, Vet, Pacman, SpiderJohn or any other member. They wont and cant because they realize that in the end what you say holds true about Middletown and about council.

These comments are taken from The Middletown Journal for the full story you can read it here

I agree with JM's take. The group on MUSA may have some intelligent people and readily accepted ideas, but they defeat themselves in their approach. The opening of the late Jim Armbruster's seat gave them a PERFECT opportunity to show their worth. And what did they do with the opportunity, they did nothing. Now if you think that doesn't send a powerful message, then you're totally blind. If you can't display strength, then don't expect followers. It's not apathy, it's the absence of a leader!
mytwocents
11:54 AM, 5/17/2010
City building bloggers- maybe Gilleland's boys and girls on here today, spewing their crap. Better defend the queen's policies and support the trash that is inherent in the city leadership. Gilleland's sheep to be sheared.
MUSA
11:41 AM, 5/17/2010
Mercy - I'm sure that there are many people in this town (especially people who were here in the 50-60's) who aren't happy with the way things are being handled now. The point is, there needs to be an ORGANIZED approach aimed at unseating the "powers that be". A group of people repeatedly posting their complaints on a message board does nothing except dilute the message, and gains the posters a reputation of being ineffectual...whether their message had merit or not.
JM
11:34 AM, 5/17/2010
Might just be the general apathy of the entire town. Perhaps most people in the city wouldn't support the city side of things or the MUSA side of things. Maybe most just flat out don't care enough to support any position, go to council meetings or MUSA library meetings. IF so, how did we manage to attract so many people who care so little about the city they live in? What caused this "who cares what happens" attitude here? No time to participate or no interest to get involved?
Well Sure
11:28 AM, 5/17/2010
I think 10-15 is a bit generous. I think the MUSA group had about half a dozen at their Middletown library meetings.

And how did that big rally at the cemetery vault go last year, guys? How many did you get for that one? About six?

Citizen Kane
11:13 AM, 5/17/2010
There are 11 additional comments
SHOW ALL
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2010 at 1:56pm
Citizen Kane is doing nothing but blowing hot air.  City Council meetings draw very few people, unless an award is being given to someone.  The last meeting that was held at the Senior Center by Laubach drew only about 15 people and 5 of them were City employees or Council members.   Apathy abounds in Middletown.

I guess people who state an opposing view even if they back it up are just troublemakers, but those that continually espouse that "Middletown has a Bight Future" knowing otherwise are acceptable.

Middletown has a Bright Future, but we may have to look at Bankruptcy if the Public Safety Levy fails.  Can't get much BRIGHTER than that can we.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2010 at 2:20pm
Idle city workers on a rainy day just trying to start some stuff? Perhaps Judith put them up to it. Hard to believe that there are people in this city that would defend the city leaders and their policies and not see the damage they have inflicted on this town. Some people still do not believe cold hard facts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic