FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown Police/Jail

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Militaryman View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Militaryman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Middletown Police/Jail
    Posted: May 21 2010 at 9:30am
I want to post this, not just as a citizen but also as a city employee who is gratefully, on the verge of retirement.  Over the years with the city, I've seen a lot of disturbing things within the department itself, but none as disturbing as the last several years within our Police and Jail employees.  An example just this week begins with a jail employee (un-named of course), receiving a very upstanding award for Correctional Officer of the Year.   Since every Police officer and Correctional Officer is well aware that this person certainly did NOT deserve this award, they allowed him to get this anyway.  Not only was it underserving, but the work ethics and values as an employee are the worst I've ever seen in an employee with the city in my years of working with the jail and the police dept. in general.  I personally feel that maybe the entire staff there at the jail should have a mental evaluation for allowing this to happen.  This individual has had too many close calls to count, not completing basic tasks on duty, constant complaining about just answering the phone, and tells evry officer that enters the jail with a prisoner that he is sick of what he does.  People see and notice these things.  The entire staff complains about this person, and I won't even go into the moral character of this man, it's quite sickening.  If anyone out there is on the same page with me, please speak up!  Good judgement is something that every man/woman needs to work in this particular field.  There are several other individuals so much more qualified to get this, and disturbing to me and others how the worst employee at our city jail can receive such a high award. Alll for being one step up from the trash that they take in at the jail every single day.  I hope that someone does complain to Chief Schwarber about this, and it gets around to him.  He needs to see how the people of middletown view the protectors of his city.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2010 at 1:15pm
Sounds like this employee knows the right butt to kiss.

These type of people are dangerous, not only to themselves but to all that work with them.

Lots of luck to you on trying to rid the system of him/her.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Militaryman View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Militaryman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2010 at 1:23pm

Hermes, .thank you for the response!  And your right, people like this that are in any kind of job with authority or power, it is indeed dangerous.  My brother works for the PD here, and this CO award thing has made the entire police department look bad .   Administration I believe just looks the other way, since it's difficult to find people that are qualified for the job and can actually pass a drug test.  He puts his fellow officers at risk all the time,  beginning with leaving weapons on them during searches.  This has been more than once I know of.    Thanks for your input, and I think that just venting my anger about this situation is about as far as it will go, but maybe the right people will figure out that they need to weed out some people in their jail personnel.  

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic