FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More NSP (Round 3) $$$ for Middletown??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
High Speed Rail?? View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Speed Rail?? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More NSP (Round 3) $$$ for Middletown??
    Posted: Jun 22 2010 at 11:06am
June 21, 2010

HUD:  New NSP-Round 3 Funds to be Approved by Congress??

The Senate and the House are in conference committee this week to reach an agreement on the financial reform bill entitled "Restoring American Financial Stability Act of 2010."  A total of $1 billion was included for a third round of funding for the Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) in the House-passed bill (H.R. 4173) to be allocated by formula in accordance with the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008 (HERA). The Senate bill (S. 3217), however, did not include NSP 3 funds.

The conference committee is expected to come to an agreement by the end of the week.

National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials
630 Eye Street, NW, Washington DC 20001
Toll Free: 877-866-2476 Phone: 202-289-3500 Fax: 202-289-8181
E-mail: nahro@nahro.org Privacy Policy, © Copyright 2006; NAHRO
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Speed Rail?? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2010 at 11:15am
How nice it would be if the fourth floor One Donham Plaza experts would provide us taxpayers with even a small amount of information on how they have spent/are spending the $2.144 Million in NSP funds received from HUD last year???  The truth will set the One Donham Plaza community planning (???) elitists free!!!
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2010 at 4:38pm
Give it a rest, Nelson. Please!
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2010 at 5:03pm
You may get upset with the remarks - but this money was earmarked for Neighborhood Stabilization - I have yet to see any of that in my neighborhood.  I think we do deserve to know where the money is.  I for one am down 27% on the value of my home.  What has the money that was spent on demolition done to maintain the value downtown?  If you remember the entire town was supposed to be able to benefit from this money - is that not why Adkins said?
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2010 at 6:08pm
I agree with anyone bothered by how the city is spending these funds, but instead of being frustrated, can anything be done to stop it? Can anything legal be done? Can it be reported anywhere? It's not their funds to solely do what they want, it's the people's funds. Let's not forget that. I'm tired of people bowing down because they are afraid to question city government or its elected leaders. They are only servants of our tax dollars. Do not forget that.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Speed Rail?? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2010 at 6:41pm
Irisner -

Should or should not Middletown taxpayers deserve to know how their hard-earned money is being spent by City Hall staff??  What say you??

Is one of the overriding objectives of MiddletownUSA to provide a forum where average citizens can raise questions and have civil discourse on matters involving local government??  What say you??

Openness and honesty should be a major goal of our local government!!  What say you??
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2010 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by High Speed Rail?? High Speed Rail?? wrote:

Irisner -

Should or should not Middletown taxpayers deserve to know how their hard-earned money is being spent by City Hall staff??  What say you??

Is one of the overriding objectives of MiddletownUSA to provide a forum where average citizens can raise questions and have civil discourse on matters involving local government??  What say you??

Openness and honesty should be a major goal of our local government!!  What say you??

Here's what say me. The City is no doubt exercising a bit of corruption from time to time, as most Cities do.

We are in a terrible predicament where we have tremendous need of HUD type Funds and far too few to do the job.

If the City occasionally "fudges" the Books some to get something done, I am not going to let my blood Pressure go up about it.

As to "Tax Payers "money, It is Federal money and if we don't get all we can, some City like Detroit will just get more. If you want to argue that Federal money should not available for Urban needs, I might very well agree with you. I would rather see certain Fed Taxes eliminated and let the States and Locals pick the job up even if it means higher State and Local Taxes. Hopefully the offset of Fed Taxes would make it a wash.

I am sorry to say, most of your complaints are rooted in your Employment situation. I "feel your pain" but am tired of you trying to align People against the City about things concerning your previous job. It is almost as if you are trying to convince everyone that letting you go has created a mess.

I am sorry, but I am tired of it.

Have a good Day and good luck!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2010 at 6:55am
Irisner....." Most of your complaints are rooted in your employment situation"/"it is almost as if you are trying to convince everyone that letting you go has created a mess"......making a comparison of how it was when I was there versus how it is now.......An age old thing in the workplace. Keeping (or hiring) the "teacher's pet/yes man" who does little to nothing on contribution of ideas, polishes the knob and has poor job skills and firing the ones who actually produce results and institute innovative ideas in their work area. Reason (IMO)......people in charge simply like the person who sucks up and is a "team player" (aka- going along with anything and everything the boss wants including thinking that is obviously flawed (or illegal)) and when push comes to shove, will fire the one who produces, comes to work each day, does what is asked of them, etc, etc. because they didn't kiss their a-- or who voiced a "difference of opinion". No free speech in the workplace you know. Got to go along with the program no matter how screwed up it is. (or, you can quit, of course) They never get rid of the problem boss who is affecting everyone's moral in the workplace (the higher ups won't admit they made a mistake in placing them as boss)- it's always the worker who takes the hit. Been there, seen that. Retirement can't come soon enough!
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2010 at 7:39am
Vet - you are so right.  I have seen it as well.

They need to spend some of this money on fighting off foreclosure.  The Journal reported that June was scheduled to one of the worst months for sherrif sales.  There is some help out there - but Middletown needs to bring someone in here full time to work with the residence and the banks.  If they don't, it will  only get worse.   The more foreclosures you have the more your property values will drop.  I refer people to different agencies all the time - but they are lucky if they can get an appt. 

Peoples property values are dropping - when it hits below what is owed on the home, people that can afford their payment walk away.  Knowing that in a few years they can buy again at a better value, cheaper payment.  People are buying other homes at better deals before they sell the old one, then letting the old one go back to the bank.  I do not agree with these practices - but it is happening.  The foreclosure problem is far from over in Middletown. 
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2010 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Bobbie Bobbie wrote:

Vet - you are so right.  I have seen it as well.

They need to spend some of this money on fighting off foreclosure.  The Journal reported that June was scheduled to one of the worst months for sherrif sales.  There is some help out there - but Middletown needs to bring someone in here full time to work with the residence and the banks.  If they don't, it will  only get worse.   The more foreclosures you have the more your property values will drop.  I refer people to different agencies all the time - but they are lucky if they can get an appt. 

Peoples property values are dropping - when it hits below what is owed on the home, people that can afford their payment walk away.  Knowing that in a few years they can buy again at a better value, cheaper payment.  People are buying other homes at better deals before they sell the old one, then letting the old one go back to the bank.  I do not agree with these practices - but it is happening.  The foreclosure problem is far from over in Middletown. 

Unfortunately the TALF program creates a disincentive for Banks to work with distressed owners on foreclosure. An unintended consequence of the extreme Bail out measures.
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2010 at 8:15am

Irisner - you are somewhat correct.  There is a rule that if your bank took TARP money, they have to participate in the Hope of Homeowners program - which can lower your rate down to I believe 2%, then gradually raise back to where it was originally.  However, most banks that you make your payment to are only the servicing agent.  Your loan is actully owned by an investor (top 2 Fannie and Freddie).  If it is owned by these two, then they have to offer some relief ; however it takes over a year to get to that point.  Which means you hit foreclosure and you had to get some assistance.  Legal Aide in Hamilton County can help Middletown.  Believe it or not - the city of Middletown cut the amount of money that we use to provide them for legal assistance to our residence (doens't make sense).  We need them now more then ever. 

If your home is owned by some other investor - then you can still get help, it may not be exactly what the Hope program offers, but you can get some answers quicker then trying to do it yourself.  You may even have to file BK to get the courts to require a workout program.   

If they do not try to get some help for the citizens, then it will get worse. 

But to answer your remark about banks creates a disincentive - well they do receive money for the workout from the government at the beginning of the workout, and at one other time - I believe 3 or 6 months into the workout.  Not to mention a year without payment they are racking up all kinds of unpaid interest that starts accumaliting interest.  If they sell it at sherrif sale they will get maybe a half of what is owed - if they work it out they do come out better.  It is just unfortunate that people do not know where to go for to get help and they just give up during the process. 

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2010 at 8:29am

Borrowers exit troubled Obama mortgage program

Borrowers face foreclosure after Obama loan assistance program fails to provide help

ap
Alan Zibel, AP Real Estate Writer, On Monday June 21, 2010, 8:09 pm EDT

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Obama administration's flagship effort to help people in danger of losing their homes is falling flat.

More than a third of the 1.24 million borrowers who have enrolled in the $75 billion mortgage modification program have dropped out. That exceeds the number of people who have managed to have their loan payments reduced to help them keep their homes.

Last month alone,155,000 borrowers left the program -- bringing the total to 436,000 who have dropped out since it began in March 2009.

About 340,000 homeowners have received permanent loan modifications and are making payments on time.

Administration officials say the housing market is significantly better than when President Barack Obama entered office. They say those who were rejected from the program will get help in other ways.

But analysts expect the majority will still wind up in foreclosure and that could slow the broader economic recovery.

A major reason so many have fallen out of the program is the Obama administration initially pressured banks to sign up borrowers without insisting first on proof of their income. When banks later moved to collect the information, many troubled homeowners were disqualified or dropped out.

Many borrowers complained that the banks lost their documents. The industry said borrowers weren't sending back the necessary paperwork.

Carlos Woods, a 48-year-old power plant worker in Queens, N.Y., made nine payments during a trial phase but was kicked out of the program after Bank of America said he missed a $1,600 payment afterward. His lawyer said they can prove he made the payment.

Such mistakes happen "more frequently than not, unfortunately," said his lawyer, Sumani Lanka. "I think a lot of it is incompetence."

A spokesman for Bank of America declined to comment on Woods's case.

Treasury officials now require banks to collect two recent pay stubs at the start of the process. Borrowers have to give the Internal Revenue Service permission to provide their most recent tax returns to lenders.

Requiring homeowners to provide documentation of income has turned people away from enrolling in the program. Around 30,000 homeowners started the program in May. That's a sharp turnaround from last summer when more than 100,000 borrowers signed up each month.

As more people leave the program, a new wave of foreclosures could occur. If that happens, it could weaken the housing market and hold back the broader economic recovery.

Even after their loans are modified, many borrowers are simply stuck with too much debt -- from car loans to home equity loans to credit cards.

"The majority of these modifications aren't going to be successful," said Wayne Yamano, vice president of John Burns Real Estate Consulting, a research firm in Irvine, Calif. "Even after the permanent modification, you're still looking at a very high debt burden."

So far nearly 6,400 borrowers have dropped out after the loan modification was made permanent. Most of those borrowers likely defaulted on their modified loans, but a handful either refinanced or sold their homes.

Credit ratings agency Fitch Ratings projects that about two-thirds of borrowers with permanent modifications under the Obama plan will default again within a year after getting their loans modified.

Obama administration officials contend that borrowers are still getting help -- even if they fail to qualify. The administration published statistics showing that nearly half of borrowers who fell out of the program as of April received an alternative loan modification from their lender. About 7 percent fell into foreclosure.

Another option is a short sale -- one in which banks agree to let borrowers sell their homes for less than they owe on their mortgage.

A short sale results in a less severe hit to a borrower's credit score, and is better for communities because homes are less likely to be vandalized or fall into disrepair. To encourage more of those sales, the Obama administration is giving $3,000 for moving expenses to homeowners who complete such a sale or agree to turn over the deed of the property to the lender.

Administration officials said their work on several fronts has helped stabilize the housing market. Besides the foreclosure-prevention plan, they cited government efforts to provide money for home loans, push down mortgage rates and provide a federal tax credit for buyers.

"There's no question that today's housing market is in significantly better shape than anyone predicted 18 months ago," said Shaun Donovan, President Barack Obama's housing secretary.

The mortgage modification plan was announced with great fanfare a month after Obama took office.

It is designed to lower borrowers' monthly payments -- reducing their mortgage rates to as low as 2 percent for five years and extending loan terms to as long as 40 years. Borrowers who complete the program are saving a median of $514 a month. Mortgage companies get taxpayer incentives to reduce borrowers' monthly payments.

Consumer advocates had high hopes for Obama's program when it began. But they have since grown disenchanted.

"The foreclosure-prevention program has had minimal impact," said John Taylor, chief executive of the National Community Reinvestment Coalition, a consumer group. "It's sad that they didn't put the same amount of resources into helping families avoid foreclosure as they did helping banks."

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2010 at 8:34am
At the rate HUD is providing money to Middletown and with all of the restrictions placed on the funds, HUD funds are not the answer to Middletowns woe's.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2010 at 8:47am

Maywood to hire others to run the city

The L.A. County community, facing a $450,000 budget deficit, plans to lay off its employees, disband its Police Department and contract its operations to the Sheriff's Department and the neighboring city of Bell. Experts say it is the only city in the state to take such drastic action.

Maywood, a small working-class community south of downtown Los Angeles, plans to lay off all its employees, disband its Police Department and turn over its entire municipal operations to a neighbor — an action that appears to be without precedent among California cities.

Several cities in the state have said that they are close to bankruptcy because of the sharp drop in sales and property tax revenues caused by the deepest recession in decades. But experts who track California cities say Maywood is the only case they know of in which a city has dismissed all top positions except for the city manager, city attorney and elected officials. Under the plan adopted by the City Council on Monday night, council members would continue to be paid to set policy, but all services would be contracted out.

"Most cities would generally maintain a certain workforce," said Sam Olivito, head of the California Contract Cities Assn. Vallejo, in Northern California, filed for bankruptcy in 2008, but City Hall and the Police Department continued to operate independently.

Maywood officials said they had no choice but to adopt the drastic plan.

Maywood's $10.1-million general fund budget has a deficit of at least $450,000, officials said. Beyond that, the city has been unable to obtain insurance because of a history of lawsuits, many involving its Police Department, which also patrols Cudahy. Operating without insurance would make even routine government services highly risky.

"We're limited on our choices and limited on what we can do," Councilman Felipe Aguirre said. "We don't want to file for bankruptcy. We don't want to disappear as a city."

Aguirre said filing for bankruptcy was not an option for Maywood because its problems were related specifically to insurance coverage and not cash flow.

But during a contentious City Council meeting that stretched late into Monday night, opponents of the plan accused council members of managing the city incompetently by failing to maintain the city's insurance coverage.

"You single-handedly destroyed the city," Lizeth Sandoval, the city treasurer, told the City Council.

Last month, the California Joint Powers Insurance Authority notified Maywood that it was terminating general liability and workers' compensation coverage because the city posed too high a risk. A large number of claims filed against the police were a significant factor in that decision. Jonathan Shull, chief executive officer of the insurance authority, said Maywood was the first city to have its insurance cancelled by the group. The insurer acted after Maywood failed to make basic improvements the insurer had mandated, including hiring a permanent city manager, he said.

"Maywood has had a rather challenging loss history in the last few years," Shull said.

The action is yet another blow for the predominantly Latino city of 45,000 residents densely packed into about 1.2 square miles in the heavily industrial southeast part of Los Angeles County. Officials estimate about half the city's residents are illegal immigrants.

Under the city's plan, the Sheriff's Department will take over patrols. The neighboring city of Bell will take over other municipal services, including staffing Maywood's City Hall, saving the city an estimated $164,375 a year, officials said. The changes would take effect July 1.

Contracting with Bell is the most cost-effective way to ensure that residents still get basic public services, Aguirre said. "Our streets will be cleaned, our potholes will be filled, this is not affecting any of that," he said.

Maywood's acting city manager, Angela Spaccia, declined to comment on the vote. She also declined to make employees available to talk with the media. Before taking the Maywood job, she was the assistant city manager of Bell.

Bell Mayor Oscar Hernandez said the deal would be financially beneficial for Bell — though that was not the city's only motive.

"Of course, we want to make a little bit of money, but that's not really the point," he said. "We want to help our neighbor, we want to provide services to our neighbor, and that's good enough for us.

"It's sad to see your neighbor's house on fire and watch it burn, but we're not that kind of city," Hernandez said.

Maywood has had a contentious history for years. In the last decade, shouting matches have erupted during council meetings, election campaigns have been marked by political hit pieces, and even an accusation was made that a city clerk tried to have a councilman killed.

The Police Department has been the focus of troubles as well. Four years ago, the department faced a political outcry when it began running checkpoints that resulted in hundreds of cars being taken away from unlicensed illegal immigrants. Critics charged the checkpoints were an attempt to make money off Maywood's large illegal immigrant population.

The checkpoint sparked a political movement that brought a new council that was more sympathetic to illegal immigrants. But Maywood was back in the headlines when it declared itself a sanctuary city for illegal immigrants, making the town a target of conservative talk radio and TV news shows.
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2010 at 9:36am
Irisner, that's a pretty outrageous post. Are you actually justifying city government dishonesty? If you don't like Nelson Self, then don't read his posts. To go all out and make it sound like he is whining and big deal that city employees are "fudging" the numbers is crazy talk. The only outrage against Self would be if he did nothing while still working for the city and then decided to whistle blow only because he was let go. What's that old saying "There are 2 kinds of evil people. The one who is actually evil and the other one watches evil being done and does nothing about it".

Regardless if Nelson falls into the 2nd kind of bad guy or not, if he wants to blow his whistle now then I definitely want to hear all he has to say.

I don't mind people posting with fake names on here as I do. I also don't mind that some choose to post in their real name. What I do find strange is someone posting in a fake name trying to call out someone else by their real name.
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2010 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Bobbie Bobbie wrote:

Irisner - you are somewhat correct.  There is a rule that if your bank took TARP money, they have to participate in the Hope of Homeowners program - which can lower your rate down to I believe 2%, then gradually raise back to where it was originally.  However, most banks that you make your payment to are only the servicing agent.  Your loan is actully owned by an investor (top 2 Fannie and Freddie).  If it is owned by these two, then they have to offer some relief ; however it takes over a year to get to that point.  Which means you hit foreclosure and you had to get some assistance.  Legal Aide in Hamilton County can help Middletown.  Believe it or not - the city of Middletown cut the amount of money that we use to provide them for legal assistance to our residence (doens't make sense).  We need them now more then ever. 

If your home is owned by some other investor - then you can still get help, it may not be exactly what the Hope program offers, but you can get some answers quicker then trying to do it yourself.  You may even have to file BK to get the courts to require a workout program.   

If they do not try to get some help for the citizens, then it will get worse. 

But to answer your remark about banks creates a disincentive - well they do receive money for the workout from the government at the beginning of the workout, and at one other time - I believe 3 or 6 months into the workout.  Not to mention a year without payment they are racking up all kinds of unpaid interest that starts accumaliting interest.  If they sell it at sherrif sale they will get maybe a half of what is owed - if they work it out they do come out better.  It is just unfortunate that people do not know where to go for to get help and they just give up during the process. 

I was referring to TALF, not TARP. Under the TALF Program the US Government buys Troubled Assets from Banks to help thier Balance Sheet and then sells then to other Banks. The catch comes in the fact that they would be unmarketable expect for the TALF provision that allows Banks to sell them BACK to the Government if they do preform.

This basically privatizes the profit but Socializes any lose. Thus if a mortgage fails, rather than work it out with the Homeowner the Bank simply let's the mortgage fail and then gets a rebuy, at original price, from the US Tax payer.
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2010 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Rhodes Rhodes wrote:

Irisner, that's a pretty outrageous post. Are you actually justifying city government dishonesty? If you don't like Nelson Self, then don't read his posts. To go all out and make it sound like he is whining and big deal that city employees are "fudging" the numbers is crazy talk. The only outrage against Self would be if he did nothing while still working for the city and then decided to whistle blow only because he was let go. What's that old saying "There are 2 kinds of evil people. The one who is actually evil and the other one watches evil being done and does nothing about it".

Regardless if Nelson falls into the 2nd kind of bad guy or not, if he wants to blow his whistle now then I definitely want to hear all he has to say.

I don't mind people posting with fake names on here as I do. I also don't mind that some choose to post in their real name. What I do find strange is someone posting in a fake name trying to call out someone else by their real name.

You are entitled to your opinion as I am. In regard to fake names, what are Earth are you talking about. Can you not see that lrisner might stand for L Risner? Make  a guess and every guess is wrong but Larry.

I RARELY don't use my real name on Forums.

Regards, Larry.....does that help?
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2010 at 6:01pm
lrisner, Having a fake name and a real name nobody knows is basically the same thing. Unless you have stated on this site before your first and last name, are you well known in the area or something? Whether you are or aren't, what's the purpose of stating your name now if nobody knows who you are? If nobody knows who you are you could've said your name was John Smith and it still wouldn't have mattered.

This whole time I thought your screen name was iris, so I thought you were a woman on here.
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2010 at 6:12pm
lrisner, one other thing on this name business. Just to be clear, I'm not a proponent of using real names. Unless you are a public person or well known and vocal, I think it is insane to use your real names on a board.

I remember reading some post from Randy a while back that he's been contacted by a council member (I think) wanting to know who so and so is on here. What's the purpose in that? Is the council member going to give the evil eye to the poster if he ever sees the person in real life?

Real names do not add credibility to your posts, speaking common sense does.
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2010 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Rhodes Rhodes wrote:

lrisner, one other thing on this name business. Just to be clear, I'm not a proponent of using real names. Unless you are a public person or well known and vocal, I think it is insane to use your real names on a board.

I remember reading some post from Randy a while back that he's been contacted by a council member (I think) wanting to know who so and so is on here. What's the purpose in that? Is the council member going to give the evil eye to the poster if he ever sees the person in real life?

Real names do not add credibility to your posts, speaking common sense does.

I said before and will again, you are entitled to you opinion and I to mine.

However, "common sense" is subjective, obviously you do not think others have it unless they simply affirm YOUR interpretation of  common sense".
angelababy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelababy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2010 at 10:05pm

These all information which you can share over here is really very great.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic