FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lets Take Part In This Great Contest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lets Take Part In This Great Contest
    Posted: Jun 23 2010 at 11:53am

Street Warz! is an offshoot of the GOT ART! exhibits.  It is a photography contest that encourages everyone to participate, with no age limitations.  The entrants take pictures of the street on which they live and submit in one of two categories: Amateur (never exhibited any artwork before) & Pro (have exhibited before). 

Anyone going to submit pictures in this contest?? I am sure we could find some good pictures of our neighborhoods. HINT HINT this could be a good opportunity to show just what our town has become!

You can learn more about this wonderful contest taking place in Middletown here

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
High Speed Rail?? View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Speed Rail?? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2010 at 1:06pm
Vivian Moon has noted that property conditions have declined further in the Crawford Street/vicinity area over the past couple of years.

I can remember late 2008 when the Middletown Journal published a feature article about the ongoing housing improvement activities by the City in this area plagued by crime.  Randy, how would you characterize these HUD funded activities in remedying these problems?  I understand that the City's owner-occupied housing rehab program is temporarily halted due to unspecified internal problems?
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2010 at 1:42pm
I actually live not far from this area not far at all, just off of Edgewood Drive. I drive that Crawford st area a lot going to a the drive Thur and it is one of the worst parts of Middletown. I dont think there are enough HUD funds in the world to save that street or neighborhood

My advice or suggestion is to go ahead and close off that whole area and green space it. People can get mad at tell me that this is not the answer, but I live in that area and see all the crime going on daily. There is no saving that neighborhood.

Middletown has become the laughing stock of the surrounding communities. No one has done the things they promised back in November. I use to think that in time they would step up and force some kind of change, but in the end I guess the machine is just too strong to fight against.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2010 at 3:57pm
I'll send in some pictures....if I photograph my tall grass due to all the rain is that "self incriminating"? Shocked
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2010 at 9:01pm
Well Randy when your City is only basically focused on 2 or 3 issues and they are:

Section 8
More Money for City Employees 
2000+ Vacant homes that need to go
And the little HUD funds that are a joke to deal with the above problems.

Just look at all of the meetings City officials have and see if the above doesn't dominate a majority of those meetings.  When these issues take up most of your Cities time the city itself is failing.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2010 at 9:31pm

Pac, I wouldn't say that this city is failing .....I would say it has already  failed!! End of story !!

angelababy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelababy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2010 at 3:35am

Hi! Thanks for all of your very useful informations.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic