Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Driving Downtown at 8:00am - Giant Crowd!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Driving Downtown at 8:00am - Giant Crowd!
    Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 9:58am
Driving downtown, around 8:00am this morning I noticed our downtown was full of pedestrians.  All over between Clark St. to Main St. on Central Ave.  I was happy to see the little picnic area with the fountain (at Broad and Central) was packed with people that looked like they were enjoying themselves.

When I made my way down Main St. I solved the mystery of who these people were, and what was going on.

Anyone want to take a guess?
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 10:07am
All they came for the bicycle path ?

I know it's hard to get a parking spot in old downtown now. SO many tourist and sight seers coming to "ride the path".

The city may have to start charging people to ride the bike path in order to maintian it due to the large amount of traffic converging on it daily. This can take a real toll on the new asphalt.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 10:19am
haha!

I think the bike path tourists arrive later in the day.  Guess again... LOL
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 10:27am
You were on hallucinogenics.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 10:27am
hahaha....

No one can guess? 
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 10:33am

Have no clue.

Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 10:33am
I'll give it another try.......they were all there to sign up for section 8 ?

Can I get another guess............they were all there to sign up for a temporary job ?

I give up Tudor......why were they there ??
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 10:36am
You're close, when I turned left onto Main I noticed that they were coming out of the Hope House.  They must make them leave around 7:30 or 8:00.  There must have been at least fifty people.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 10:46am
Crap!!!! I was going to guess that the large crowd was a group of private investors lead by our city leaders (you go Kohlermeister) to facilitate the ownership and development of a viable downtown community with flourishing businesses and excited shoppers as they take in the aura of the proposed arts district in a soothing ambience type environment. Hope House tenants released until the evening? That's it? I thought they all headed over to the library for the day to enjoy the amenities that we just paid for with the library levy passage. Better not loiter too long. City cops will be getting out the citation books for ticket writin'. City needs the revenue don't cha know!
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 10:47am
Well leave it up to council and they will relocate the homeless to a place outside the city.

You know,spread them around the county like the section 8 folks.

Maybe that was one of those secret meetings that council is always having !! I bet that was it ! Did you see Mulligan or Picard & Becker coming out ? LOL
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 10:56am
Wait a minute Hermes....careful of whom you speak, knave..... the Picardster, the Mulliganmeister and the Beckerman coming out of the Hope House? Just can't see that happening. Remember, these gentlemen of distinction are above the fray, plight and pestulance of the poor. Their image shant be tarnished being seen in such a tacky situation!
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 11:02am
Vet - Well what better place to hold a secret meeting where the public eye would be shielded ?

Then when they come out after the meeting they just blend in with the undesirables and go about business as usual. Approve
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 11:59am
If it's blending in with the undesirables that they are aspiring to, they needn't go that far. Just make the trip down to the city building to accomplish that, right? Secret meetings at the Hope House huh? Clever little buggers, aren't they? That's why they are in the captains seat and we're in the belly of the ship, chained to the oars. Let's face it, they have them big old dinosaur brains like Bobby Petronic on You Tube. Note: If you haven't seen it yet, ya gotta watch You Tube- (type in Bobby Petronic- dating service) to appreciate this statement. After watching, could you see Bobby on council here in Midd.? Great comedy.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 12:16pm
Vet - That video on youtube.......wasn't that Randy before he got married ? LOL  Clap
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 1:20pm
Funny stuff Hermes, but I am not married. I see how well it has treated sooo many before I will pass for now. :)
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
angelababy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelababy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2010 at 2:12am
So many tourist and sight seers coming to "ride the path".  when I turned left onto Main I noticed that they were coming out of the Hope House. Hope House tenants released until the evening? That's it?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic