FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My First Hot Air Balloon Ride

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My First Hot Air Balloon Ride
    Posted: Jul 20 2010 at 1:18pm
This past weekend I took my first hot air balloon ride over Middletown. It was a blast, Middletown has a much different from the air. Have a look at some of my pics.

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2010 at 2:24pm
Hermes- just got off the phone to verify this so-called balloon flight that Randy took. The info. I received from this crew was that, while Randy did take this flight( sorta), several crew members in the basket had to hold his hand and keep him from dribblin' in his shorts and floodin' the basket. While that may be understandable for a person taking their first flight, they revealed that the balloon had not left the ground yet and it only got worse from there. Rumor has it, that as the balloon touched down, Randall Sue had to be strapped to a gurney and air flighted to Atrium to be sedated due to uncontrollable "girly squeeling symptoms", similar to those heard from little kids when entering a haunted house during Halloween. Apparently, his flight only went 20 feet in the air and he demanded to be taken down. Worse yet, they said the higher altitude pictures you see in this video were taken by his girlfriend, AFTER Randall Jane had left the area on the gurney and as the balloon went up again sans Randall so as not to reveal the true story. They did mention that his girlfriend, seen in his earlier video with the spider, went up in the balloon without incident. Hmmmm.

Yes, I know. Pretty disturbing ehh?
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2010 at 4:30pm
LOL

I love flying but I'll stick to something I can control. One of these days I might try ballons,I bet it's nice and quiet up there. (minus Randy squeeling) LOL
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2010 at 8:59am
Very funny Mr. Vet, and Hemes I cant believe you would allow him to talk about your fellow Bengal fan that way. Vet, I seen that I LOVE THE BENGALS you have painted on your roof. I wanted to snap a picture for the world to see, but I thought I would keep your secret safe.

The balloon ride was amazing, Thank you Ann Mort for making it possible for me to do up.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2010 at 10:05am
I had the pleasure of sitting next to Randy both b4 his balloon ride, and at the Council session last night.

He was very much looking forward to his flight, and last night, gave a glowing report on the experience. Everyone who is able should try this, especially if you are familiar with the area over which you fly.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2010 at 10:28am
Sorry Randy I couldn't help myself  LOL

When ballooning aren't you at the mercy of the wind ? I've flown Cessna 172 and I like being in control,ballooning to me seems more out of control and you go where ever the wind takes you,I don't like that feeling. I would like the open basket and the view.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2010 at 11:42am

Yes Hermes you are kind of at the mercy of the wind, but the wind blows in different directions at different altitudes so you do have some control. It is such a amazing thing to see the city you love from above. You can look down and just forgot all the hard times your town is facing, but unfortunately when you hit the ground it's back to the really world.

I also couldn't believe how many people have swimming pools, it looks like everyone does.....except for me.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2010 at 12:39pm
Yep Hermes, that "mercy of the wind" thing also describes what you're gonna get on a Sunday at the Bengals game. Just like not knowing which way the balloon is gonna fly, is the same feeling Bengals supporters get when they get to gametime each Sunday. Get ready for another disappointing season, right Randall Lou?
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2010 at 12:45pm
well I wish I could say you are wrong, but you do not which team will show up on sundays!! But chad did say he was gonna win the super bowl this year and I trust Chad. Big%20smile
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2010 at 1:35pm
In Chad you trust?

He had a better chance of winning "Dancing With The Stars" than a Super Bowl with the team he's on.

If he wants a Super Bowl, he had better find another team......oh, say.....a team with some talent????? Right Hermes?
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2010 at 7:27pm
Hermes,
YOU fly a Cessna???
This takes our "Showdown on Central" to a whole new level!!!
 Dawn!!!  Help me get the armor off my scooter!!!  I gotta fit some wings on it!!!

LOL LOL LOL
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
angelababy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelababy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2010 at 3:53am

I love flying but I'll stick to something I can control.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic