FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

REHAB of ELMO & GAGE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: REHAB of ELMO & GAGE
    Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 9:41am

I believe I have found the answer to why the City would buy a house on Gage & Elmo and do a $100,000 worth of rehab. Ya know those poooor city workers need a nice place to live.

HOUSING SUBCOMMITTEE

MINUTES - February 5, 2010

Members Present: Dan Picard, Anita Scott Jones

Others Present: Larry Mulligan, City Manager Gilleland, Community Revitalization

Director D. Adkins, Clerk Parr

Housing Incentives for Public Employees

Mr. Adkins distributed information gathered about incentive programs offered in other municipalities. He said sixteen of Middletown’s 84 firefighters are residents and thirty of 80 police officers live within the City. Many communities used to have requirements for residency and the Supreme Court has overruled that. He asked committee members to look at the information and they can have further discussion. There was discussion about taking this to the bargaining units during contract negotiations. Staff is exploring ideas that would bring youth and people back to the City. Discussion included a lottery of NSP homes that could be spread broader based and create some excitement in the program. Staff will continue to look at programs

Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 11:13am
Well thats all we need is for city employees to start getting "free" or "subsidized" rent with tax dollars.

The supreme court is a waste of tax payer money. They always rule in favor of who ever pays them the most dollars.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 11:29am

as if these public employees don't have enough perks as it is.  And I doubt many are leaving for greener pastures in other cities, so why have this incentive at all?

Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 1:33pm
The way things are getting in this country it makes you wonder if the city wants to move cops into these houses and live rent free for spying on the neighborhoods. Which is not all that bad but anything they do these days is always abused in some form or fashion.

I think police sub-stations should be considered for parts of the city. They could use a rehab house for that very purpose. The police in Middeltown are the most inactive of any force I've ever seen considering they have 80± cops. But than again if we seen them all the time we'd b**** about that too.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2010 at 7:31am
Ms. Moon may have missed one of the most important items that was discussed at this FEBRUARY 5 HOUSING SUBCOMMITTEE MEETING!!!

It points out why many areas of our government breed corruption.  It points out why our nation, and most political subdivisions of it, are going bankrupt.  It points out why I, and so many others, feel that government cannot be trusted.

Allow me to quote from the minutes of that February 5, 2010, Housing Subcommittee meeting:

"Homes acquired and rehabbed could be incentive homes. If the program does not get all its money back from the rehab, that’s OK. HUD recommends you lose $75,000 per home."

Not only is it stupid for HUD to  "recommend you lose $75,000 per home" but just consider the temptation when homes are bought in prime areas and city hall insiders know that they will be available at such a deal after rehab!!!  The temptation to "tip off a friend" would be enough to turn a saint into a sinner, would it not?

Of course I mean other government officials, NOT ours here in Middletown!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Nelson Self View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2010 at 8:48am
Miss Vivian, Mike, Hermes and Bill -

Could it really be true that some 4th floor occupants of One Donham Plaza might possibly be just a little ARROGANT for stating ........... HUD doesn't care if the City loses up to $75,000 per house via the $2.144 Million NSP-1 grant?  Is it really possible that this and other comments supposedly made by them might appear to reflect DISDAIN for us citizens?

I wonder if these City program administrators have the same philosophy regarding local government extravagance in MASON and LEBANON ??  Is it really possible that they convey the belief that OUR FEDERAL TAX DOLLARS are to WASTE however and wherever they might choose.

"What a City" as VietVet often says? 
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2010 at 12:53pm
I agree with you Nelson,as I've said before so many times politicians on all levels could care less what the people think. I honestly believe that a politician, regardless whether it's local or national, only considers themselves when it comes to governing. My first example would be congress. Democrat or Republican these people are absolute and total low lifes with total disregard for the people they control. Second example is what you see everyday right here in Middeltown. I believe that Labauch & Smith truly thought they could do some good and really help this town and it's people but,the power and the money that runs this town will trample both Labauch & Smith like a stampede of buffalo and we are already seeing that.

As the quote from Thomas Jefferson says "A little revolution now and then is a good thing" a revolution is what is called for,a call to arms is what is needed but you'll never in our life times see it happen. Vote all you want ! Petition all you want ! But until the political cronies see an army of armed citizens walking the streets toward them they will never ever change. They are comfortable in their positions of power. Why ? Because you can't touch them. The money these people get in ways of salary and kickbacks and underhanded deeds is guaranteed. The cops and National Guard will defend these ruthless Ba*****s with their lives. Navy Seals are now trained to do urban warfare in American cities. Why ? To combat the citizens who are sick and tired of being lied to and being led by dictatorships such as what we have in Middeltown.

We have two future's,one we can spend our time and energy to try it the politicians way by taking our grievances to them in one form or another to only be brushed aside and told to shut our mouths and go along,or two we stand up for what is right and make a show of force and actually fight to take back control and start all over with risk of prison and death. Our children and grandchildren have no future,and it's no one's fault but ours.

One final thought....what do you think would have happened 150 years ago if government was like it is today on all levels ?
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2010 at 12:55pm
HUD sure cared enough when I bid $85k for house they were asking 100k that needed extensive repairs.  So will these houses only be allowed to go to "City" employees?   Are they being bid on or just given to one of them that lives "outside" the City through a drawing?  Not fair to the others that already live here.  What about people that have lived here all their lives only to watch their tax money being wasted?  Oh wait, who cares about their concerns/needs.  Yet another reason to leave this town
angelababy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelababy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2010 at 1:12am
The police in Middeltown are the most inactive of any force I've ever seen considering they have 80± cops.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic