FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Meet The Pendleton People

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2010 at 1:17pm
Mike - I think I seen you but wasn't sure as I was talking to a lady about art and was so engrossed by the conversation I couldn't break away.

I was there for about 15 minutes and I had to leave,I hate being ignored by people who think they are of a higher stature than myself. I seriously doubt there were 200 or more there,if they were it was before I got there. But like Mike said the guest registery would or could verify that.

Vet - I've never met you in person so if you walked right by me last night I apologize,but then again you wouldn't know me. (I was the guy swigging from a bottle of wine in a brown paper bag) Big%20smile
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2010 at 3:38pm
Gosh, I am sorry I missed last nights event. Hermes I could have introduced you to Vet and to Mike, well I have never met you so maybe I couldn't have. But man we could have talked football with Vet.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
What A City View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote What A City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2010 at 6:32am
OK- story in today's Journal about the Kingswell School being developed on Central Ave. The story states that Kingswell will spend $350,000 to refurbish the building for use.

Question..... what is the difference between this Kingswell school setting up downtown and using their own money to do so and the Pendleton Arts Center setting up downtown and using taxpayer money to do it? Why did the city decide to help the Arts Center gain financial access for a startup and not this school? Helping their buddies in the arts and no connection with the new school?

Wonder why Kingswell didn't go to the city for a sweet deal like Verdin got?

Just an observation.

Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2010 at 8:49am
What A City
How do we know that the City has not already agreed to give them a “LOAN” from the Downtown Fund for this project?
Just because it hasn’t been brought before council doesn’t mean that this isn’t the plan at a later date.
Please remember that they just passed the "Main Street Plan" at the last council meeting.
What A City View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote What A City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2010 at 9:11am
You are correct. We don't know Vivian. Just going by the Journal's story that stated that Kingswell will use their own money to the tune of $350,000 to rehab the building. Do you mean to tell me that the city would loan this school some of our tax money and not tell us? ......and....the Journal would not report it?  Big%20smile
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2010 at 10:20am

Right.  Kingswell received conditional use by Planning Commission at Wednesday’s meeting.  Lewis Consolidated owns the building, as well as the Sebald building next door, and the two historic buildings across the street (Worthmore/City Hotel and Joy Shop). 

Lewis Consolidated’s application for Certificate of Appropriateness for the addition and renovation received approval at the August 26, 2010 meeting of the Council on Landmarks and Historic Districts:

COUNCIL ON LANDMARKS AND HISTORIC DISTRICTS

August 26, 2010

CERTIFICATE OF APPROPRIATENESS

UCC URBAN CORE CENTRAL DISTRICT

ADDITION AND RENOVATION – 1124 CENTRAL AVE.

Mr. Kohler introduced the application by Lewis Consolidated for a building addition at the rear

of 1124 Central Ave. as part of a construction project to convert the former retail and office

building into a ground level restaurant and upper level theological seminary. This building is

also known as the Castell Building. The construction involves filling the interior courtyard into

building space and a small vestibule addition. The style of brick and windows proposed will

match the style of the existing façade. While the rear of the building was constructed next to

another building and was not visible from the street. Now that the building is visible from the

public parking lot and transit station, the addition will give a more finished appearance to the

back of the building. The proposed improvements are generally consistent with the urban design

guidelines. A motion was made by Mr. Hayes, seconded by Mr. Sauer to approve the application

as presented. The approval was unanimous.

The windows in the Castell building have been replaced.  If memory serves me correctly, I do believe Lewis Consolidated received a façade improvement grant from the city a while back to help with the replacement.  But I’m not 100% sure.  If so, it is no where near what Pendleton received.

Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2010 at 6:33pm
This shows the hypocrisy of this Historic commission!!!

NONE of these so-called "historic" buildings are/have been "restored" to what they actually, truly used to look like.  They are being modified to what someone has DREAMED that they WISHED downtown Middletown used to look like!!!

The Historic Commission is violating their OWN law!!
Off to prison with them!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
SupportMiddletown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupportMiddletown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2010 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by What A City What A City wrote:

OK- story in today's Journal about the Kingswell School being developed on Central Ave. The story states that Kingswell will spend $350,000 to refurbish the building for use.

Question..... what is the difference between this Kingswell school setting up downtown and using their own money to do so and the Pendleton Arts Center setting up downtown and using taxpayer money to do it? Why did the city decide to help the Arts Center gain financial access for a startup and not this school? Helping their buddies in the arts and no connection with the new school?

Wonder why Kingswell didn't go to the city for a sweet deal like Verdin got?

Just an observation.
There are a couple differences here. The building Pendleton will occupy is owned by the City of Middletown. They are investing in their own property and putting it into productive use, despite a private entity taking it over.

Additionally, Pendelton is a downtown revitalization strategy. Kingswell will likely be a good addition to downtown, but it isn't likely to attract the same type of attention or spin off that Pendelton will, even if you don't believe that Pendelton will be overly successful.
angelababy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelababy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2010 at 12:00am
It was the extra large over-the-sofa size, original by a noted Tiajuana artist, too!!!  It added a wonderful touch back in the days when I used to keep a craps table in my living room.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2010 at 11:52am

GRAND OPENING is just 30 days away
Wonder how many artists have rented space?

angelababy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelababy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2010 at 10:16pm
guys, I'll have to discuss the matter with my social secretary to see if my schedule is open. I might have a previous engagement at the doggie park in West Chester.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2010 at 1:40am
Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

Gee, guys, I'll have to discuss the matter with my social secretary to see if my schedule is open. I might have a previous engagement at the doggie park in West Chester.
Here's a thought:  Given the heart-warming story told by Mr. Verdin about the $600,000 objet d'art sculpted by the famous NY artist from scrap laying around his bell works, do you think a representative from Cohen Bros. will be there selling "art supplies"???  Wink
Note: The above was "Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 7:30pm"!!!

And you guys thought I didn't know anything about art!!!  I'll be darned if they aren't actually trying this!!!  Big%20smile

I wonder if they will credit ME for the idea??? LOL LOL LOL
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2010 at 5:40pm
It was posted on here somewhere earlier that Angelababy is just a spammer advertising a website through her signature line.  She is not really interested in any of these topics as your post above proves.  As was stated a couple of days ago she pops up and makes nonsensical posts about topics sometimes months old.  It is probably  a computer program doing the work for him or her.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2010 at 5:52pm
Wasteful:
You are exactly right!!!
Angelbaby stole part of my post to promote her ART mall website, and it appears that the rest of that very same post may have inspired the "use junk from Cohen Bros. as artsy siding" idea!!!  LOL LOL LOL

I'm glad to see that I've become an "inspiration" to people!!!  Usually, I just serve as a BAD EXAMPLE!!! LOL LOL LOL Evil%20Smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic