FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rumor Has It

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
onlyinMiddletown View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onlyinMiddletown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rumor Has It
    Posted: Sep 20 2010 at 3:40pm

The word on the street is that some of our council members have been privately discussing the removal of the city manager and a few others in that group of friends. Rumor has it that some council members are tried of the blatant disregard of what is best for the city.

Where do I get this information? Lets just say I know people that sit at the table with the elite of Middletown.   Smile

Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2010 at 5:46pm

I'd rather see Kohler go.

Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2010 at 5:47pm
is this the same council who voted for the PAC fiasco?  Why should they be viewed as having good judgment on who should stay or go?
What A City View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote What A City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2010 at 6:24pm
Hope your rumor turns to truth, onlyinMiddletown. Buying the city manager, Kohler, Robinette, Landen and other town destructors at the city building a one way ticket out of town is the first step in turning this town around in the right direction.

Might just be talk. Might be just bull spewed by these "people who sit at the table with the elite". Time may tell if this is true.  For now, I will view this with cautious optimism.

The "some of our council members who have been privately discussing this removal" are on the correct path, if indeed they are considering this. Knowing their lack of logic and poor quality of their decisions in the past,  I am surprised. Do any of the council members have a clue what is best for this city? Haven't demonstrated it yet.
_popupControl();
jag123 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jag123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2010 at 7:06pm
My count, by talking to several people, has 4 possible votes to remove the city manager, but don't count on it. Her review, I believe, is in January and something may be done then. Forget Kohler, he only follows Mike Robinette's orders now. Shocked
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2010 at 8:31pm
 Robinette needs to be S-canned. Along with a few others!!
Kohler hasn't won any popularity contests with me either.
Now Midtown Cabinet is conveniently moving in. Ouch
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2010 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by jag123 jag123 wrote:

Forget Kohler, he only follows Mike Robinette's orders now.

Bingo.
Dooraghero View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dooraghero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2010 at 6:25am
I would welcome the disruption of the "establishment" or the "Good 'Ol Boys Club".  Unfotunately, city council itself has been complicit in rubber-stamping a good deal of an errant policy and has had a complete lack of fiscal responsibility..
Would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance,just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives but they'll never take our FREEDOM
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2010 at 7:06am
Old news. I believe a review is coming in a short while?
As usual, blame everyone new and not connected with the puppetmasters.
It is the long-term local meddlers/controllers that have put us in the mess that we find ourselves.
THEY line the campaign funding of Councilmembers and have the direct line to their ears and decision-making.
THEY urged for Husemann, Gilleland, Robinette, PAC, and elimination of citizen comments.
THEY fill every board and meaningful(?) committee in the community(those that acquire and control funding).
THEY now have pretty much everything that they want except a positive public perception and dis-association with bad and financially wasteful public decisions.

Council has the last word and holds the majority of the blame when they approve these wasteful projects that benefit the chosen few.

Easy to get rid of the new faces, scapegoating others who will gladly disappear from the area(with a very sweet financial buy-out).
All we really need is strong local guidance through Council to steer Admin in the proper direction.
The tail has been wagging the dog around here for far too long.
We start by voting in new faces in every election, and voting NO on every financial spending program until the system is weak enough that they have to move towards the public intent.
Starve the Beast.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2010 at 7:45am

Spider

We will know more after tonight’s housing meeting.
If the contract with CONSOC is terminated…
WHO is qualified to run this program?
WHO will be chosen to run the Section 8 program?
WAS the termination of CONSOC approved by HUD?
….Money, money, everywhere....
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2010 at 9:02am
I would assume that Mr.Adkins and his staff would manage the program in-house if allowed.
Is this a good thing?
Let's hope so--only time will tell.
Hopefully CONSOC will shed some light on the history of our Section 8 program.
From when the increase began to the specific names involved.
Watch for some type of termination agreement with a pay-out and a non-disclosure clause.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2010 at 9:17am

Spider
I believe that Mr. Kohler is the only person at City Hall that may have the

qualifcations to run the day to day operation of the Section 8 program.
This in my opinion would be like putting the wolf in charge of the hen house since he was the cause of the explosion of Section 8 in the past.
I believe CONSOC will file a law suite against the City.
I just can't believe that CONSOC will stand before City Council tonight and take a public flogging from Mr. Adkins.
accuro View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote accuro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2010 at 3:45pm
Hmmm...'starve the beast', but vote for school rebewal levy, what an oxymoron.

Ms. G terminated? Sure, just like Olson was going to be let go, when he had a new job offer from Lakota, and was talked into staying by city council he thought was going to axe him.

Dowtown revitalization? Really, a UDF and moving the rust belt eye sores going to make it happen. This city is toast, a lingering cancer just awaiting to crumble, and the beast will always feast. 

Can't see forest for the trees right? Basic ordinance on street funds still a non topic of discussion. Property values and impossibility of selling a home unless throwing in a Porsche to go with it. Renaissance area stagnant, no growth, no action. Vote for the section 8 administrator who had the highest bid, now ready to sack. Schools are bad because the parents don't care---not because of apathy and ineffective teaching. Streets patched by sealant, and we are to be impressed. Musical shuffling of downtown and an added art center to provide for the migration of the Hyde Park crowd.

A bright future? The Green Mile has begun.

An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out. - Will Rogers
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2010 at 5:49pm
Gees accuro....I was feeling good about the direction of our fine city and was about to sing praise for our leaders but your pessimistic statement above just burst my bubble of hope & optimism. I was headed down to the Pendleton Art Center to purchase some fine art and then go over and sign up for a cooking class at the Manchester then go and wait for the train but now I think I'll go pickup Randy & Vet and go get drunk. Cry
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2010 at 7:09am
was the correct choice, accuro(or whatever your new handle might be).
no oxymoron at all.
Get a grip--quit whining and being so bitter.
Hasn't helped or changed anything.
accuro View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote accuro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2010 at 8:06am
spiderjohn, no new handle. Heck, I haven't even bothered posting in months, same discussions points, no progress, focus on small issues, not big. Of course it was a contradiction. Your choice, but you are very consistent with 'stratve the beast' theme, and alter it when politically correct. Realy doesn't matter. Bitter? Read your posts lately?

Rants on PAC, because business should have gotten the funds? Who, why, and what would it have done? Biggest supporter for AJ Smith, yoy, all that fresh blood, and he's done nothing at your own admission. As for 'C", the section 8 administrator, big deal/ They either performed or didn't. Language in contract. If they performed, they will be in discussons of breach of contract, if they failed, city will tell them. There won't be any bonus or settlement to walk. 

Walk in the shoes of reality, not fiction. City hall will be fine in Middletown, its the citizens who are taking the fall, losing enormous equity, and a tarnished reputation which is beyond repair.

As someone posts often, ' insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different outcome.' Welcome to Middletown.

Change didn't happen for Obama, just a slogan, and change sure as h*** will never come to Middletown, with the execption each year, it gets worse.      
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out. - Will Rogers
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2010 at 12:29pm
accuro, I didn't think your post was whining at all. It was a good post and sometimes the truth sucks.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2010 at 3:45pm
nbd rhodes
of course there is a lot of truth in acclaro's message, though it is the same song that he has been singing 4ever.

I worked on the school levy renewal campaign after leading the "starve the beast" message.
I still believe that I did the right thing, and otherwise have been steadfast in my funding position.
No regrets.

so acclaro--I will meet you at the PAc, and will even drink a glass of whine with you as we view the high-end work and get a tattoo.

Most here aren't known beyond the screen name.
PLEASE go down to apply for city boards committees of your choice(or do it online).
This Council will probably give us a much better shake.
And we will begin to right this f'n mess asap.
angelababy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelababy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2010 at 1:09am
It is the long-term local meddlers/controllers that have put us in the mess that we find ourselves.All we really need is strong local guidance through Council to steer Admin in the proper direction.
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2010 at 1:23am
angelababy is right, it just takes a strong city council to get the city straightened out. Unfortunately they're not strong enough or they would have already whipped the city administration into shape by now.
angelababy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelababy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2010 at 12:07am

Thanks for sharing this great thread with me, i really glad to visit here.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic