FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

City is minus one slumlord

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: City is minus one slumlord
    Posted: Oct 30 2010 at 1:26pm
You can get a free copy of incident reports (i think that is what I got). I called up the station and asked for reports along my street going back 5 years. They even emailed them to me.

But yeah, a lot of the times, the police in general have their hands tied, and can't do all that much even though they want to.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2010 at 11:02am
Originally posted by middletownlost middletownlost wrote:

the police do report these in incident reports and they are sent to the powers that be. Hermes why do you always act like the police dont care? They dont have the legal authority to just throw someone out of a residence. You do know that dont you?

Good point & your right,I'm not very fair when it comes to police. But when you know that the PD is aware of the situation and you see nothing being done you pretty much have to blame someone. Since the police are on the front line they get the blame. I don't know what they report and what they don't report. The city does not send me copies of incident reports.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
middletownlost View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownlost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2010 at 9:40am
the police do report these in incident reports and they are sent to the powers that be. Hermes why do you always act like the police dont care? They dont have the legal authority to just throw someone out of a residence. You do know that dont you?
angelababy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelababy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2010 at 11:51pm
This is exactly the types of people that are attracted to our city when you open up a ghetto program like this.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2010 at 7:42pm
If the cops didn't want to bother with this, the least they could have done is to have passed it along to the health department for investigation and reported it to Adkins, right?
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2010 at 2:57pm
Vet - The bad part was the fact that the police knew what was going on in this house and how the living conditions were. Now there were no children living there so I assume thats why the police did not give a crap. I was always under the impression that if a cop knew people were living in conditions like this that a report or something would be done and the city would step in,but not in this case.

SO what I question is how many more slumlords do we have that are not maintaining property and renting by the rules ? Which one's that talked to Randy are similar to this situation,making money and disobeying the rules ?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2010 at 12:57pm
Hermes- I agree- how did the house pass an inspection to receive Section 8 funds without a bathroom? A strain on the police dept, a health hazard, a society menace situation and, in general, an unwanted group of people to invite to live in this city. Why do the city leaders want to attract this crap to town and then turn around and want to attract the upscale mecca arts people at the same time? Extreme opposite society groups aren't they? This house needed health dept. intervention to shut it down IMO.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2010 at 8:56am
Vet - Apparently it is. The one house had as many as 10 people living there,probably more with the coming and going of hookers. The owner rented every room including the basement. It also has another building on the property that was also rented out with 5 occupants and no bathroom. The occupants living in the "building" had to go into the main house for a restroom and running water. Now someone tell me how any of this passed inspection or whatever with the city ?? And not to mention the cops were called to this particular house at least 6-10 times each and every month. Plus when the house went into foreclosure at least 2 of the occupants were still living there with no electric and no water !!

Yeah Middletown leaders are doing a fantastic job of staying on top of things !
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2010 at 6:24am
And right there is a good example to throw against all the Section 8 slumlords that spoke in favor of the program last night. They want to make a statement that Section 8 is good for the city? Let the scumlords tell us how this helped the city. This is exactly the types of people that are attracted to our city when you open up a ghetto program like this. Is this an example of the type of people the city leaders want to bring to this town?
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2010 at 9:15pm
Without mentioning a name or address's this is good news for me anyway. One of the slumlords is now minus two houses in Middeltown. This person owned two houses one of which was a major drug house full of alcoholics and prostitutes (don't know about the other house) and drug addicts. He lost both houses to foreclosure. He/she live in another city and apparently was taking advantage of either section 8 or just making money off indigents or both. From the way the foreclosure read they were making money off the rent and not paying the bank.

Way to go Middeltown !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic