Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Monday, May 20, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Administrative Plan For Middletown's Section 8
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Administrative Plan For Middletown's Section 8

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Administrative Plan For Middletown's Section 8
    Posted: Sep 23 2010 at 5:54pm
you are both correct that was my fault for the misleading post. But it is still very interesting IMO
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2010 at 5:47pm
I think you are right Pacman this letter deals with the Study that was done and not the Admin Plan.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2010 at 11:38am
Randy, I don't believe this HUD Letter is in response to the Admin plan but to the Report submitted by Adkins that was approximately 100 pages long and was a study done by a University I think in Cinci. on the affect of Section 8 on the City of Middletown financially. 

On page one of the letter HUD claims that some of the cities data is inaccurate and they wish to provide accurate info.  I got a chuckle out of this.  If you look at page three of this letter you will note that HUD states, "Half of the Voucher participants are elderly or disable."  So HUD claims that approximately 830 vouchers holders are elderly or disabled, 

If you read just above that you will find that HUD claims that the City would lose $318,335.00 if all voucher holders left the city.  Now supposedly the average voucher holder has an income of roughly $10.995.00 in Middletown.  If you do the math HUD is saying that all Voucher holders are paying income taxes to the city, which would come out to just about the income tax figure HUD uses. 

Now would someone that knows more about the Middletown Income Tax law than I do, verify that if half of the Voucher Holders or about 831 are Elderly or Disabled and many of them are living on Social Security, Retirement Incomes or disability incomes, are they paying Income Taxes?  I don't think so.  So the Income Tax loss that HUD is claiming is most likely totally inaccurate.  As a matter of fact the Income Loss could be as little as half of what HUD claims, or about $160K.

It is just like the Landlords claiming Section 8 is a wonderful program, if it is so wonderful take some of it to Monroe, Camden and Madison Township, Middletown would be more than happy to share, but that will never happen as these cities wouldn't stand for it....so why should we end bearing the total burden for Butler County.

Most of the City People involved with this mess are gone. I know some are still here and Kohler's name is thrown around a lot, but the city is not going to do anything with the employees that are involved.

Finally we have an admin that has recognized the problem that Middletown faces with an excessive amount of Section 8 and is moving toward a plan to try and deal with it.  City Manager is on Board, Mr. Adkins I think has done an exceptional job and I have not always been an Adkins fan but he has changed my mind.  Now it appears that the major stumbling block may be City Council after the Circus at the Housing meeting Tuesday Night.  This matter does not need to be dragged out for another 12-18 months as it appears that it will be the way Council is dealing with it.

Personally I think Council should not be the Housing Authority in Middletown as it appears that there maybe to many conflicts for them to be able to perform both jobs and to many questions how they can perform their duties.  I would suggest they make the MPHA up of citizens who are not connected to Section 8 in anyway and that is one committee I would love to be on.Big%20smile

randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2010 at 11:04am

Doug Adkins, the Community Revitalization director for the City of Middletown, has spent almost a year preparing a new guideline outlining how Middletown’s Section 8 housing program should be ran.

This new plan has created a lot of controversy and turned Middletown Public Housing Authority meeting into four debates. Is this new administrative plan going to pass the rules and regulations handed down from HUD? Read their response to this new plan here.

HUD Responds To City’s Section 8 Admin Plan

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic