FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Councils 4-3 split raises concern

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2010 at 10:25am
Ms.Scott-Jones--I did mention that Council did not come to a decision on the choice first time around. Since there were 3 suitable candidates desiring the position, there are many possiblilities as to whom/how Council would line up their choices. If I did mention a 3-3 split, then it was a guess or an error on my part.

Despite that Council's public pledge to put the best most appropriate local citizens in the most suitable positions, I was told that nothing had really changed, and the "good ole boy network" of positioning and reward was still in full swing. So--YES I am concerned over last night's legislation and how it will impact these local boards and commissions, and every other citizen should also be concerned.

angelababy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelababy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2010 at 12:03am
The same people complaining about the so-called split would complain if every vote was unanimous.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic