FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Last Nights Meeting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Last Nights Meeting
    Posted: Oct 26 2010 at 12:31pm

I attended last nights Town Hall meeting but unfortunately I did not take much video and non to really share. Sorry to those that couldn’t attend. There were several MUSA people there in fact I would say that that the majority of people in attendance where from MUSA.

There were some good topics discussed and many good things coming to Middletown were mentioned. I was unable to stay for the entire meeting, so I would like to hear from those that were there…..What are your thoughts on how things went?

I would also like to thank Vice Mayor Scott-Jones for organizing the meeting and 4th ward council member Dan Picard for attending.     

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2010 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by randy randy wrote:

There were some good topics discussed and many good things coming to Middletown were mentioned. I was unable to stay for the entire meeting, so I would like to hear from those that were there

Can you elaborate? 
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2010 at 2:04pm
Well one thing that I was unware of is the fact that the UDF down town is moving and building a better place. I do think that is a godd idea.
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2010 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by randy randy wrote:

Well one thing that I was unware of is the fact that the UDF down town is moving and building a better place.
Really?  That's old news.  I believe Planning Commission and Council approved the plan late Spring. 

Here's the MJ link:

You usually seem on top of these things Wink

It's been mentioned vaguely a few items in this forum.

I believe the hold-up is the fact that the property is held in a Trust in the state of NY.

I was hoping for some new news.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2010 at 3:21pm
Did Mr. Picard offer any comments to some of the questions? If so, what were they? Wonder if he was aware that most there were from MUSA? IF so, was there some reluctance on his part? Just curious given some of the "battles" he has had on this site.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2010 at 3:56pm
I was there from start to finish.
Outside of the two Councilmembers, everyone else were pretty much MUSA regulars.
Anita was a gracious host, and Mr.Picard was very warm,open and unusually eloquent.
IMO everyone was pretty much humanized, and all realized that there were no diabolical demons in the room. Everyone was very passionate and caring, though not always in agreement. No ? was off limits, and I thought that all answers were honest and sincere.

Nothing at all like a Council meeting.

Hopefully a good starting point for future meetings and conciliation.
Would be nice if all meetings would function in the same manner.

jmo
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2010 at 5:01pm

Swohio- I try to stay on top of things, but I did take a break there for a while. I must have missed that bit news

randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2010 at 5:16pm
I do agree with Spider, It was a fun time and no queston off limits. Mr. Picard was very nice and I was happy to be there.
PattiGal View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattiGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2010 at 5:17pm
You're good, Randy! I always find you to be very well informed. I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the meeting as well. I was there to listen and learn and I was NOT bored....
"Because nice matters..."
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2010 at 1:22pm
      I concur with SpiderJohn on the mood of the meeting. Everyone was straigth forward both with their questions and comments.  Marilyn Reedy and I were the only two from the fourth ward. It is a meeting that we have been working on for a long time and couldn't get anywhere. The fourth ward has never had a 4th ward council person to speak to the constituents of the 4th ward directly. The response that they were doing a lot "behind the scenes is hypocritcal and evasive at best.
       It was really interesting to hear people like SpiderJohn and Nick Kidd ask questions and make comments from their long experience and lives in Middletown. I wish it was televised so everyone could have heard.
        Mr. Picard was pretty direct in answering most questions that were presented to him. There were a couple of questions he couldn't answer because they were either in court or had been discussed in Executive Session. He was very congenial and announced that in the next two weeks announcements
would be made about some exciting things that are going to transpire in Middletown, only some of which, have been discusssed on this forum in the last couple of days. At the conclusion he asked us for some ideas to bring to council to help Middletown. We, of course didn't hesitate to give him some and he said he would pass these on.
     Anita Scott Jones very plainly answered our questions and explained a lot of city matters. What she has done in bringing these conversations with council in each of the four wards can't be overly appreciated. They are one of a very few evidences of democracy, along with this forum, for the citizens of Middletown. These will turn out to be historic and may be the first and last times for Middletownians when we get rid of the ward system and have five council people. I think we all owe her a lot of gratitude.
     Paul Nagy 
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2010 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Paul Nagy Paul Nagy wrote:

Mr. Picard was pretty direct in answering most questions that were presented to him. There were a couple of questions he couldn't answer because they were either in court or had been discussed in Executive Session. He was very congenial and announced that in the next two weeks announcements
would be made about some exciting things that are going to transpire in Middletown, only some of which, have been discusssed on this forum in the last couple of days. At the conclusion he asked us for some ideas to bring to council to help Middletown. We, of course didn't hesitate to give him some and he said he would pass these on.

Sounds like these sentiments are shared by Bill Triick.  I found this quote on the Cincinnati Business Courier website:

Bill Triick, president and chief executive officer of the Chamber of Commerce serving Middletown, Monroe and Trenton, told the audience he soon expects weekly announcements about business expansions and new companies to the area.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic