FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What Can You Do To Help?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Can You Do To Help?
    Posted: Nov 04 2010 at 11:25am
I was forwarded this message to MUM staff and students today and wanted to share with MUSA in the hopes that someone could help.

Dear MUM Faculty, Staff and Students, Last night, the apartment of MUM student Amber Lewis and her 10-year-old son Liam was totally destroyed by a blast that destroyed 10 apartment units in Lebanon. Amber’s apartment shared a wall with the unit that blew up, but she and Liam walked away without a scratch. Everything that she owned was destroyed. Story here MiddletownJournal.com

Amber is a first year, early childhood major. She and her son are currently staying with her mother in West Chester but hope to move into an empty unit at the complex in Lebanon.

We are accepting donations for Amber and Liam in the main hallway of Johnston Hall. She needs clothing (size 20 or 2X for herself and youth size large 12-14 for Liam). She also needs furniture, twin mattresses, bedding and kitchen items in good working order. Money can be donated to Ruth Orth or Jan Toennisson in Johnston 112. (Checks may be made payable to Amber Lewis.) If you have furniture or an appliance to donate, please email me at toennijj@muohio.edu so I can arrange delivery and avoid duplication. Physical facilities will make arrangements to deliver what we collect.

Thank you in advance for anything that you can do for Amber and Liam. Jan Janis J. Toennisson Director of Public Affairs Miami University Middletown (513) 727-3379
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic