Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Sunday, April 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Concerning Public Safety which is more important?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Concerning Public Safety which is more important?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Concerning Public Safety which is more important?
    Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 10:27am
Concerning Public Safety in Middletown which is more important to you and why?  If you broke Publci Safety down into 3 divisions:

1) Police

2) Fire/Rescue

3)  Medical

Which of the above 3 is most important to you as a Citizen of Middletown and why?
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 11:30am
police--from a business view
  theft is out of control

fire
when ya need it, but they are mostly tied up with medical
can you separate the 2?
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 11:48am
Fire/rescue & medical. They are important for the obvious reasons.

No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
vannestmom View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vannestmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 1:03pm
definitely police. things are getting real shady around here. u have to always b watching. then medical.
"think before you judge"
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 4:56pm
Spider additional Police Officers are not going to help your shoplifting or internal theft issue which ever you have unless you can get one to park at your front door.

As far as my choices go:

1)  Would be Medical care.  2)  Would be Police protection and 3) would be Fire.

Now I live on the East end where Police are a rare site in my neighborhood and I live on a main road.  Most of the time when I see the Police they are heading West at a High rate of speed.  Most issues of a Law enforcement nature which we have very Little of I figure I can handle for a while having been a Police Officer for many years.  As far as Fire goes, if the house Burns down the house burns down.  I am not saying i don't care buts as long as I get out with my family that is what ,matters.  That is why I have Insurance.

Now on the other hand you have Medical Service.  Most if not all of us can not treat a Heart Attack or any of the other 100's of issues which can arise medically you will definitely need help with the Medical aspect.  Medical in My mind and for a city with as many elderly is the top priority in Middletown.

If I could I would break the Public Safety into those three groups when it comes time for cuts and in that order of importance.

Now I fully understand that people who live in different areas of the city will have different priorities, with Police coming first etc.

Personally I will not vote for another Public Safety levy to just continue the cycle of 3-4% raises for Police and Fire.  Most likely after listening to Council Last week I wouldn't be surprised if they push for a .50% Public Safety levy.  I also heard the BOE is talking about another .5 mil levy for Building Maintenance.  It just never ends and never gets any better.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 3:50am
It appears that everyone has forgotten the last public safety levy that was passed.  That dedicated .25% increase  brings in an ADDITIONAL $2.5+ MILLION per year!!!  Where, EXACTLY, has that money gone???
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic