FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

An interesting side note...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An interesting side note...
    Posted: Nov 14 2010 at 7:12pm
From page 28 of 232 of the Workbook for the 11/16/2010 city council meeting:

EXECUTIVE SESSION At 8:44 p.m. Ms. Scott Jones moved to go into executive session under the authority of ORC 121.22 (G)(3) Conferences with an attorney for the public body concerning disputes involving the public body that are the subject of pending or imminent court action; and under the authority of ORC 121.22 (G)(2) To consider the purchase of property for public purposes, or for the sale of property at competitive bidding Mr. Allen seconded and the motion carried. Ayes: Allen, Becker, Scott Jones, Laubach, Mulligan and Picard.

Ms. Gilleland leaves At 9:20 p.m. Ms. Gilleland left the executive session.

Ms. Scott Jones leaves At 9:25 p.m. Ms. Scott Jones left the executive session.

Mr. Becker leaves At 9:40 p.m. Mr. Becker left the executive session.

ADJOURNMENT At 9:55 p.m. the Mayor declared the meeting reopened and immediately adjourned the meeting.

Now, what does the above mean???  I don't know--maybe nothing.  But in all of the years that I have been closely following the proceedings at city hall, I have never before noticed the comings or goings of participants in executive sessions being noted in the meeting minutes.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2010 at 8:53pm
That is interesting. Perhaps whatever the topic was keeping track of departure times was a way of covering someones butt ?

Yeah I know....I always think the worse.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Molly View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Molly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2010 at 7:25am
Mr. Becker left because of the explosion in Lebanon. I believe Mr. Robinette "stormed" out as well.Shocked
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2010 at 9:47am
So what did Lebanon have to do with Becker ??
Molly View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Molly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2010 at 10:27am
He is the Emergency Management Director for Warren County. A fire of this scale would require him to be at work.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2010 at 11:37am
Becker is everywhere, expect Middletown!!!
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2010 at 11:46am
Mr. Becker is a quick responder. He was there as a quick responder for us when he was police chief, dedicated council member and as city manager. I love it when our city leaders are there for us in bad times.

Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2010 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Molly Molly wrote:

He is the Emergency Management Director for Warren County. A fire of this scale would require him to be at work.

I knew the answer but had to pose the question. IMO this is a conflict of interest as Becker being a sitting councilman gets up and walks out to perform duties for another county. This would be similar to having a congressman walk out of a congressional session to represent another country. If Warren County needs Becker to be available to perform duties at any given moment then Becker needs to resign his position as a sitting council member. Working for one county while representing another city in an opposing county should be against the ethical code. (if there is one)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic