FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Positivity In Middletown

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2010 at 4:31pm
Guest, how do you figure I was stirring up trouble? I posted a video that I found interesting, if people dont like it or didn't like they dont have to watch it. That video may be old and some of those buildings may be gone but they have been replaced by others just like them.

As for the rest of your post I am not sure what the heck you are rambling about.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
sunwyn View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2010 at 5:56pm
If the city wants to spend money on renovating downtown buildings, why not the Sorg Opera House and the Studio? If your going to build an "Arts Community" downtown, the economic engine to drive such a project is entertainment!!! Yet, one is about to be demolished, and the other one...
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2010 at 5:59pm
Now see that is a great point sunwyn!!
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2010 at 6:16pm
The city has no one willing to lead them around by the nose, that wants those buildings, that has any idea what to do with them.
Guests View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2010 at 6:36pm
I think one of the guests Randy was using that awful word PattiGal hates called sarcasm.

As for the city, the justification is a destination. You see, they have been sold on the novel idea by the ED that a destination is allure, it is the manifestation of desire to come to a location for something special. Therefore, the college and the art center are points and means of creating a destination to Middletown.

As spider indicated, I don't think anyone is negative on the arrival of Cincinnati State, it has great promise and benefit. Who doesn't have a nice painting somewhere in the home, or a sculture on a mantle. Just appears to me Ms. PattiGal, the issue is who is forking over the cash for these projects, and maybe the Trustees at Cincinnati State weren't quite as pumped up spending $20 Mm as some may have been led to believe, even if it is out of the coffers of Middletown, and they pay it back through lease payments.

I'd sure like to get my hands on the copper steeple at the school that was busted down. That would be worth quite alot and that is art.
Guests View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2010 at 6:57pm
"The Hoods". Is it just me, or did the hoods design on the other post resemble a nautical flag corpes? Why use car hoods, when you can just tie dye sheets with the same color? There has got to be a message in those hoods like the Navy using the flags. What could it be....SOS?

And Certificate of Appropriateness? I now pronounce you Duchess and Sir Henry of Yorkshire, the seal of the Certificate of Appropriateness, with all rights and privileges herein. This is serious business though. Now, for a $200.00 fine, there is also the Certificate of Inappropriateness. Then, we have the certificate of Taking Oneself A Bit Too Seriously. When will this end? As Billy Crystal would say, the building looks "mavalous"!

sunwyn View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2010 at 9:57am
Wasteful,

I know at least one person who would know what to do with those buildings (Sorg Opera House and Studio). Unfortunately, that person doesn't have the financial resources required to renovate those sites.
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2010 at 6:08am
Sunwyn there are a number of people on this site that would love to save those buildings also.  I wouldn't care if they got saved myself as long as it is done with Private funds and the City stops spending tax dollars on these crap shoots. 

The main problem with many of these buildings is the cost to rehab them.  If there are no private individuals with the needed funds to buy and renovate these buildings then they need to go.  Not so easy to moth ball "the Studio" hoping someone comes along with a Million or two to spend on it.  Middletown's time to reinvigorate itself are limited, before they are totally passed by, by progress.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2010 at 6:59am
Believe me Wasteful I acn totoally agree with you on that observation after 6 years of being in business here.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic