FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bella Rose - new restaurant downtown?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bella Rose - new restaurant downtown?
    Posted: Dec 07 2010 at 2:06pm

Well it appears downtown Middletown is getting a new restaurant.  Came across this news release at MJ.com.   The buildings that were once home to 56 Degrees and Sassy Scissors were recently purchased by Chee Chee Rose Ministries—which has been under serious scrutiny for bingo activities and connections to Mike Fox.

The contact information on the FaceBook page is Holly Rose Barger.  Relative of Chee Chee?  Chris Baileys’ name is mentioned in the release as well as on the FaceBook page.  I hope he knows what he is getting into.

While glad to see a new restaurant opening downtown, why does it have to be one with potential sketchy connections?

Bella Rose Restaurant hosting Lunch with Santa Debember 18th

Bella Rose Restaurant(formerly 56 degrees) on Central Ave. will be hosting a lunch with Santa December 18th at 11:00am. Tickets on sale now $15 for children and $20 for adults. Meals will include meatball sliders and pasta made by Chris Bailey. One slider on childs plate two for Adults. Santa will come around and meet with the children before taking his seat to have pictures taken by Courtney Carmody Photography. All ticket holders recieve a 4x6 picture of themselves with Santa. Call Chris at 513.594.8048 or find us on facebook Bella Rose Restaurant. Tickets must be purchased in advance for gauranteed seating.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2010 at 6:44pm
Hope it works out for them and they don't go the route of 56 Degrees and Quizno's. No doubt getting an early start to Verdin's dream on creating an arts mecca and, no doubt, hoping the Cincy State show comes to town to provide many hungry students, both college and art types. May be a tremendous idea....may be a bust. If no school or Verdin arts turns out wimpy, nobody around to patronize them but Beau Verre.
Captain Chaos View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Chaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2010 at 7:41pm
LOL A rather dumb direction to go since there was recognition and a following for the 56 Degree site. Perhaps wine and meatballs don't go together anymore. Maybe we are going to have "Bella Dancers" too.
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2010 at 7:43pm
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2010 at 8:30pm
Makes you wonder where the Middletown Journal was on this story.Disapprove
Talking Heads View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talking Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2010 at 2:32pm
Hmmm...sounds like this partnership is a great fit - from what I saw on TV Middletown, the Cheesecake guy is taking government handouts plus earning profits from his full time business...isn't he selling to local and regional restaurants and grocers? Great post - didn't see this one in the Journal. Thanks.
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2010 at 3:09pm
government handouts? explain
Talking Heads View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talking Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2010 at 3:31pm
Heard it is disability.  Absolutely no offense to anyone who is in need, however, earning as much as he may be now and the potential income with this new venture, does sound kinda' sketchy...don't know the restrictions on income or his personal situation, but I wonder if all is above board.  
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2010 at 9:02pm
Wife is on disability having 2 heart attacks, 5 bypasses and a stroke that paralyzed her left side. She is not employable and can't walk. Social Security still sends a periodic questionnaire to the house asking about her status and if her condition has improved enough to get off disability and go back to work. The last time I filled out the questionnaire for her, I answered that her condition has worsened as she had the stroke and needs round the clock care, which was a new condition since they last solicited answers. Got a letter from them saying that since she had a stroke and can't walk, they will continue her disability. If they know he is functional, he probably gets a partial disability but not the total package as he is able to get out and work and is not totally non-employable. Just guessing on his situation. Can't imagine him getting a large payment since he is making an income.
gemneye70 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemneye70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2011 at 1:32pm
Any more info on the actually restaurant?
warrior View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2011 at 11:38am
For everybodies information especially for the haters in middletown,,the restaurant probably has the best food i have tasted and they are doing pretty good,,everytime i go in its crowded just needs to get more room which i know they are planning soon,,also on the other issues regarding the cheesecake guy and that chee chee rose lady,,,the cheesecake guy is very ill and makes cheesecakes for other restuarants as well as the new restaurant to keep him busy,,i dont think its anybodies buisness if he is getting partial disability and trying to make a living doing something to keep the rest of his life busy, he has had alot of problems past 10 years from what i hear and cant even make cheesecakes half the week now cause he is ill so everybody should be supported of people instead of being jealous and hating on people,,if people have that mutch hatred for people they dont even know they should keep everything to there self,,,now for that chee chee rose lady ,,i do agree with everybody in regards to her , she should be in jail for what she has been doing, but from what i have learned and have read she just owns the building and has nothing to do with the restaurant and with all her problems im sure she wont have the buildings much longer either if everybody at the restaurant is lucky enough to see it,,her daughter does work there from time to time and i have seen chee chee rose in there but i think its because they have nothing to do and wants everybody to think they own it or something,,,,,,,,but all i have to say to all of you is that get a life and let people be , people like you and chee chee rose are the reason this country is so screwed up ...
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2011 at 12:19pm
Warrior,

I don't think anyone on here has a problem with someone getting disability if they need  and deserve it..  However if someone is receiving this money, and running a business getting paid under the table - then it is wrong.  I am not saying that is what he is doing, because I don't know him.  There are a lot of people out there that do commit this fraud - unfortunately it gives good people a bad reputation along with it.
Wasteful City Hall View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasteful City Hall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2011 at 12:55pm
Over the past number of years it's said that Marty Kohler approved lending CDBG money to now failed downtown businesses such as Quizno's, Sassy Scissors and Manchester Inn.  It was recently revealed by Judy Gilleland that more than $150,000 of CDBG money was written off for the owners of Manchester Inn.  When Quizno's and Sassy Scissors went out of business how many thousands of CDBG money were owed to the city?   Was this money repaid by them or subsequent owners?
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2011 at 2:11pm
You are extremely naive my friend if you think CheeChee Rose and her daughter aren't involved in this. 

In fact, a MJ story cited her as a partner owner. 

The FaceBook page lists her daughter as the contact. 

Of course they are involved.

I, for one, would love to see more dining options in Middletown---especially in the downtown area.  But not one involved with such questionable business operations.

And I'm the last person you should be calling a "Middletown hater" as many in this group will attest to.
warrior View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2011 at 4:11pm
well swohio i dont think i see you bashing middletown  so im not including you and im sorry if you think i was,,,also i dont know the whole situation regarding the rose family and i do agree that they should not be allowed to be involved in anything in middletown but i do know that they only own the building and should be out of it soon,,im just saying because of her dumbass we shouldnt put down other people and get involved in other peoples buisness,,it doesnt concern you or me ,,it will just affect the people working there and the people going there to eat and enjoying there selves for dinner cause the food really is very good....also Bobbie from what i know is that Baileys which i dont think can get paid under the table when he is doing buisness for major stores,,there not going to hide it ,,he does alot of buisness for grocery stores and i know there not gonna pay anybody under the table,,i would say its his wife getting disability but i do know he is not in very good health ,,anyway all im saying is that dont judge other people cause of one idiot in the bunch,,i try to be positive and im positive chee chee rose will get whats comming,,have a nice day
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2011 at 7:24am
asic Information
Middletown, OH
Hours     
Fri - Sat:     5:00 pm     -     11:00 pm
About     
Opening in the Month of February on Fridays and Saturdays. Come Downtown!
Description     
International American Restaurant.
Price Range     
$$ (10-30)
Food Styles     
American (Traditional)
Italian
Parking     
Street
Parking Lot
Attire     
Casual
Services     
Takes Reservations
Walk-Ins Welcome
Good For Groups
Take Out
Catering
Waiter Service
Specialties     
Lunch
Dinner
Drinks
Email     
Hollyrosebarger@hotmail.com
Phone     
513-422-4400
warrior View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2011 at 9:34am
thanks for the info.

chasity
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic