FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mr. Smith who........

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mr. Smith who........
    Posted: Dec 11 2010 at 9:33am

Mr. Smith who paid for your Robo-calls to the 10,000 citizens of Middletown?

Mtown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2010 at 12:45pm
Who cares, really. Stupid post in my opinion
FmrMidE View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FmrMidE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2010 at 1:16pm
The taxpayers SHOULD care-it seems your opinion is the stupid thing in this matter.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2010 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by FmrMidE FmrMidE wrote:

The taxpayers SHOULD care-it seems your opinion is the stupid thing in this matter.
People like him are the ones that give are spinless council a blank check.Spend,spend,spend.Smile
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2010 at 4:10pm
Mercy M-town! Use your time wisely. Instead of posting to get a reaction from us MUSA folk, why don't you go wash and polish Gilleland's car? How about running the sweeper at the Mulligan residence? Why not make a trip down to S. Main St. for a little work on Kohler's historic home? (He'll pay you with specially subsidized taxpayer money). Hey, why not saunter on down to the city building and clean some of the really important people's offices. They may find favor with you. Now that's where you need to be to meet your objectives, not here with us "commoners".
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2010 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Mtown Mtown wrote:

Who cares, really. Stupid post in my opinion

Mtown the only stupid post on here is yours. Someone who can't have a conversation with the rest of the people, other than to just snipe and run like a chicken..........
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2010 at 4:44pm
I think Mtown needs to get back to work and pay off that interest free loan she got downtown, you know that stain glass joint.
Mtown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2010 at 11:11am
The responses to my statement "who cares" when it comes to the robo call issue and how Councilmenber Smith paid for it, reinforces my view and I think the view of a large majority, that the MiddletownUSA regulars are a bunch of whining babies that enjoy critizing others but are unwilling or incapable of getting our from behind their computer long enough to do anything positive about their gripes
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2010 at 11:39am
Mtown, the large majority of who? You? As for positive and getting out, the vast majority who make any constructive criticism have far more constructive ideas and have offered it, than council, than city leadership, than you. Indeed, you practice what you preach- criticism, without substance, without clarity, and without comprehension.    
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2010 at 11:54am
lol mtown--seems 2 b u that has nothing good to say about anything or anyone locally.
for not liking anyone/anything here, u surely seem obsessed with the place.

spider sez this and that:
y'all take me 2 seriously
often I take myself 2 seriously
city people take this place very seriously

once again--keep yer eye on the ball and what really matters
that show Tues. evevning at Council didn't mean a thing.
Council had no reason to react at all.
The time will come for meaningful negotiations, and then their response has substance.
Labor is protecting their position--management must play their situation with limited financial options.
Neither AJ's or Josh's positions were a surprise or issue-changing.
At least our young Councilmembers are involved and care.
Good point by middie83 on other politicians who have used the position for advancement.
A lot of good points from many diverse directions, as this site should function.

Everyone should take themselves and what they say seriously.
Bring us together---don't burn bridges and drive us further apart

Ya want 2 have some fun?
Try a Middies or Falcon game!
Try Blue Christmas!
Try the Punch Brothers at David Finkleman on 1/23/2011!

Focus on improving ourselves and everyone around us.
We CAN make this a better place.
PAC and Cincy State should be left to develop as they can best.

amf
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2010 at 12:10pm
spider, you are absolutely correct. Can't change PAC nor Cincinnati State, and State has some interesting potential. As for Tuesday, you are also absolutely correct. If they voted 7-0, it would not alter nor modify the current legislation. Read Dixon's thesis on the need to consolidate resources and spend more effectively. No way the city can avoid addressing these labor issues in the future.  

I think anyone would agree it rationale to question who provided the funds for Mr. Smith's robocalls. If it was a union, then union influence and prioritization takes precendant over the citizens. I question the sanity of any individual questioing the concern an individual would have on that issue. I recall the term most often used is "special interest."  Transparency does have a pace in governing at all levels. 

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2010 at 12:35pm
OK M-town. You have told us what we are doing wrong. For the second time, and try to concentrate here if you can, we are listening. Lay a little advise on all of us where we could do better and how you would do it differently. Try not to re-state the generalized, canned "getting out from behind their computers long enough to do anything positive about their gripes". Include specifics about what you would do if you were as discontent as we are. How would you approach the city with your differences and have them listen to you. What would you do as to "anything positive" that they would let you do. You have the stage. Show us what you've got.
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2010 at 6:36am
Mtown in looking at your 42 posts here not one of them offered anything of substance at all....not one. Everyone of our posts is nothing more than a whine fest against someone here that has posted at least an opinion and in many cases what they see as a solution.  Your posts offer ZERO ideas, Zero value and Zero specifics on any issue.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic