FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Picard a hypocrite

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Picard a hypocrite
    Posted: Apr 08 2011 at 7:13am
Dan Picard revealed just how much of a hypocrite he is at Tuesdays City Council meeting. Make no mistake, I'm no fan of AJ Smiths, but for Picard to call out Smith after his behavior as a Council member is the ultimate in hypocrisy.

Picard has played inside politics with Law Director Les Landon and shouted at Josh Laubach to "shut up". He acts like a know-it-all when he really knows very little. He has been a supporter of Fisher Homes to the detriment of the home owners in the Renaissance neighborhood at the same time he try's to act like he supports them.

Picard is for Picard, the citizens be damned!
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2011 at 7:57am

You are entitled to youropinion  but I have my opinion about Dan Picard. I ran against him for the fourth ward seat. He was easy to talk to and when he spoke on an issue he always had thought about the issue and was never flipant with an answer but responded with great depth. When there were some problems in the fourth ward I called him to work together on them. He did not hesitate to offer his participation. We weren't all that succcessful with the situation but Dan Picard was in there 100%. Since then on several matters I have called him and he always responds courteously and with deep insisght. I have noticed on council that he is an independent thinker at times and isn't afraid to stand alone. He disagrees when he thinks he should and gets his information before he speaks. I noticed the other night that he had prepared what he was going to say and had taken the time to prepare it. As an attorney I know he has a very busy schedule. Also, he had recently commented publicly about our fire department and police department and their efficiency in handling a very serious matter. I concur with him about the professionalism and ability of both department. I have recently talked with him about the budget and he was informed with many details at the tip of his fingers. Somewhere he had put in the time to discuss the subject in depth.

Of course there have been times when he has made a mistake and times when I have disagreed with him.   But I also disagree with others at times and they certainly disagree with me. All in all I'm glad Dan Picard is on council. I think he gives it a certain amount of stability and maturity.
        Paul Nagy  
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2011 at 8:42am

I agree that Dan seems to have a good command of the issues....moreso than AJ who spends more time hiking up his skirt for union attention than asking intelligent questions.  And I think Dan has learned from his earlier outburst.  What has AJ learned from his mistake after mistake after mistake?

acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2011 at 9:57am
Hold on Mr. Nagy and Bill. I am not a remote fan of AJ Smith nor jhis antics. But lets level the playing field. he issue Mr. Picard brought forth was associated with echoing Larry Mulligan's comments about the days spent and inordinate expense associated with added protection in anticipation of Smith's passive and peaceful protest outside the building where Larry Mulligan gave his speech. It appeared to me that there were perhaps 20 people there, if tht many, several whom were employed by the city.

Are you kidding me, you actually think the city invested considerable funds in guarding Mr. Mulligan from the threat of AJ Smith and John Harvey, a paid fire fighter? Middletown has wasted 100 times more money including what they are paying Greg Pratt to mingle and play nice with Cincinnato State than the minor expense associated with the function security, which had nothing to do with AJ Smith.

To think so is to live in a world of a wild imagination and conspiracy. As it pertains to SR5, as Middletown will wrap up all contracts soon with all union employees, this city will not even have an impact until 2013.

I am not a fan of Mr. Smith, but to not admit the tail wagging the dog on this maneuver is quite naive. That assembly of a handful of individuals was such it appeared like a Sunday church gathering.     
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2011 at 10:16am
My point was that it is hypocritical of Picard to call out Smith for his behavior (as immature as it is) when Picard has exhibited the same behavior.

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic