FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cross trained public safety ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cross trained public safety ?
    Posted: Jun 16 2011 at 2:16pm

Just an idea I am not in the know enough to say that something like this could benefit this city or not but hey maybe its something to look at?

I do feel that our current crew we have in leadership roles at this point in time would be useless in trying to instrument any changes that would benefit this town,
Oakwood is completely land-locked by the surrounding municipalities of Dayton and Kettering. Its small, compact geographic area facilitates the response of its single unified (consolidated)Department of Public Safety, in which all personnel are certified as police officers, firefighters, and emergency medical services (EMS) officers. Oakwood is one of only a few U.S. cities to employ the concept. Public safety officers work 24-hour shifts, performing the different functions within eight-hour blocks of each shift.
ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2011 at 7:57pm
Great idea but I feel for this to even come up some folks need to get laid off. How bad do you want your job?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic