FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Health Levy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Health Levy
    Posted: Jul 06 2011 at 7:01am
Council approves health levy for fall ballot

MIDDLETOWN — City voters will decide whether they want to pay more property tax as Middletown City Council voted to place a 0.5-mill health district levy on the November ballot.

The levy initiative, approved by a vote of 6-1 during city council’s meeting Tuesday night, will ask voters to approve the 10-year proposal.

The lone dissenting vote on the levy measure, Councilman Josh Laubach, said there has to be other ways to maintain public health services in Middletown besides levies.

“I’m not in support of this for various reasons,” Laubach said. “I think we have to go about this a different way than putting tax initiatives on the ballot.”

THANK YOU MR. LAUBACH. THE ONLY ONE ON COUNCIL WHO CONSISTENTLY DEMONSTRATES THAT HE IS THINKING OF THE PEOPLE HE REPRESENTS.
KINDA DISAPPOINTED WITH MS. SCOTT-JONES ON THIS ONE.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2011 at 10:47am
When you are incapable of producting revenue through growth, you get it by taxing. The spiral just continues. Too bad Mr. Laubach is the only one who is a competent council person, who understand casue and effect. There is no justifcation to pass this levy, for health, as Rick Trainer (former Director) tripled his salary now working out at Atrium, or will be, the city should not continue to receiw its 1.75% of taxes, as it simply wastes it and gives inadequate services.

Middletown is a dead town walking. With the execption of one, everyone has an agenda, its too bad just doesn't include the majority stuck in this town who simplky cannot get out, by a buyer for the house.

And to beat it all, in Term 2, Larry Mulligan is looking for a city vision? He's looking to save his Main Street neighborhood, as Smith is looking to get his union supported, as is Jones looking for her numbers of students to be plucked from Middletown, as Picard, Becker, and Allen are there for name recogition for their firms and party affiliation.

Going nowhere fast, the history of Middletown for 40 years. Six against 1 competent doesn't add to change, which is indeed, a sad state of affairs in a most apathetic community.  
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2011 at 10:52am
Hell will freeze over before I vote Yes for any levy.As in Mullethead wanting another term as Mayor.LOLLOL
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2011 at 12:57pm

Its hard to believe that the council could ask home owners for more money on thier property taxes with all the tough economic times so I say Hell no to any new taxes and hell no to the council members that decide to put levies and or new taxes on the ballot.Im done supporting this mess,its gonna take more than money to fix this city.

409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2011 at 1:25pm
Bo.....I saw one gentleman working the people at the 4th of July parade on N Verity Pkwy trying to get petition signatures for a run at council. I did not recognize him. What little I did hear was he wasn't happy with council or the city manager.Unfortunately he got away before I could talk with him & probably sign his petition.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2011 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Bocephus Bocephus wrote:

Its hard to believe that the council could ask home owners for more money on thier property taxes with all the tough economic times so I say Hell no to any new taxes and hell no to the council members that decide to put levies and or new taxes on the ballot.Im done supporting this mess,its gonna take more than money to fix this city.

Its really not hard to believe cos the "SPINELESS" ones dont care what the people think.They wont give anyone a stright answer always dodging the real questions.When they are all gone I might think about voting yes. Smile
retired co View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retired co Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 10:39am
Young Mr. Luabach should be the next mayor he is the only one with common sense in this disaster we call Middletown . No jobs unless you want to work in fast food or a convienience store.deplorable streets empty houses. Our mayor and council worry about street lights and Cincinnati State putting the burden on us property owners. Where does the money come from if no one has a job to pay for all your extravagant wants Mr Mulligan and council. I have seen money wasted he e for almost 40 years at the tax payer and property owner expense millions .Items like the city center mall ,lake middletown, the revitalization of downtown most of which is vacant. you have wasted enough money to fixed all the streets and kept our police force and fire dept filled with qualified police and firemen. Wake up  we need more important things than a art center and buying all these properties for a proposed college that hasn't commited as yet. Quit wasting our money cause it looks as if we are about to have a house cleaning down town next election.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2011 at 10:19am
Ditto

Originally posted by retired co retired co wrote:

Young Mr. Luabach should be the next mayor he is the only one with common sense in this disaster we call Middletown . No jobs unless you want to work in fast food or a convienience store.deplorable streets empty houses. Our mayor and council worry about street lights and Cincinnati State putting the burden on us property owners. Where does the money come from if no one has a job to pay for all your extravagant wants Mr Mulligan and council. I have seen money wasted he e for almost 40 years at the tax payer and property owner expense millions .Items like the city center mall ,lake middletown, the revitalization of downtown most of which is vacant. you have wasted enough money to fixed all the streets and kept our police force and fire dept filled with qualified police and firemen. Wake up  we need more important things than a art center and buying all these properties for a proposed college that hasn't commited as yet. Quit wasting our money cause it looks as if we are about to have a house cleaning down town next election.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
AKBobby View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKBobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2011 at 8:03am
I agree on Laubach!!!!

Also vote NO on the health levy
AK - What is going on with that?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic