FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Becker Out Picard In

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Becker Out Picard In
    Posted: Jul 27 2011 at 11:36am
Bill Becker cut a deal with his political cronies and will not run again for City Council in an attempt to hand over the seat to Picard.
jag123 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jag123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2011 at 12:53pm
Bill Becker decided not to run long before Picard decided to run for an "at-large" seat. No deals were cut. Where do these rumors start? Becker decided almost 2 years ago not to run.

Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2011 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by jag123 jag123 wrote:

Bill Becker decided not to run long before Picard decided to run for an "at-large" seat. No deals were cut. Where do these rumors start? Becker decided almost 2 years ago not to run.

Yea but a conspiracy theory is much more fun! LOLLOLLOLLOL
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2011 at 3:04pm
Mr. Becker is too busy double and triple dipping between Middletown and Warren County to run again. I would imagine Middletown city council is small potatoes to his new found job hopping scheme. It is a good thing, IMO, that he has decided to take his interests out of town as to income and focus. Will be interesting who the MMF'ers sponsor for this position as they seek to dominate and call the shots here in town. Sadly, it doesn't look like we have any real choices to throw against Mulligan, Picard, and the replacement for Allen in the 1st Ward area. Really need to have some folks step up to have a prayers chance at changing things, as we hang on to retaining Laubach and Scott-Jones as the foundation for change. I believe we would all see some enthusiasm and positive action from these two if we could surround them with quality people. Right now, I would imagine they feel overwhelmed trying to do battle with the other four who are constantly screwing up the works, going the wrong direction and exhibiting incompetent agendas/reasoning skills. Then, we have the issue of dealing with the city manager and her followers of disaster. And that's another housecleaning issue to attack when we sit a competent council.
AKBobby View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKBobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2011 at 4:39pm
I have a dynamic idea. Why don't one of you know it all city experts run for council? Oh I forgot, always an excuse..too sick, too busy, no transportation, work schedule too hectic....what, you you don't think the current members don't have this issues?

I'm as frustrated as anyone but don't get on here and criticize or ramble on about how the city leaders are so horrible when you won't actively try to change it. Run for council if you hate the leaders so much.
AK - What is going on with that?
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2011 at 5:36pm
I will run if you run bobby? :)
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2011 at 9:43pm
Becker is old news. Another "Dynamic idea" is continuing to voice our concerns by phone, texting,E-mail or if you can hitting that podium every other week to get your 3mins. in. After the last meeting lets hope some of the 48,000 taxpayers did one of those lines of communication. If not we get what we get.  I will say that Mr. Allen has always called me back and listens.  Gotta work with six others, I think most who post on this site understand it's not that simple. I can't recall the word "Hate" ever being used when voicing our concerns. Looking forward for that "All's good in Middletown" site to come on line, I pray everyday for that to happen. 
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2011 at 6:52am
Originally posted by AKBobby AKBobby wrote:

I have a dynamic idea. Why don't one of you know it all city experts run for council? Oh I forgot, always an excuse..too sick, too busy, no transportation, work schedule too hectic....what, you you don't think the current members don't have this issues?

I'm as frustrated as anyone but don't get on here and criticize or ramble on about how the city leaders are so horrible when you won't actively try to change it. Run for council if you hate the leaders so much.

You really need to know the whole story on this subject before you start you search and destroy on us.

Tell you what AKBobby. Do you have any experience at caregiving? Can you prepare a meal for a stroke victim that is paralyzed on her left side-left arm and leg dead, can't walk, can't get up to go the bathroom, can't prepare her meals, can't dress herself ,can't bathe herself, is wheelchair bound, needs help getting into a car, needs 10 meds a day, help to the computer,etc? Would you be willing to do this 24/7 with no frikkin' break, getting up at least two times a night to tend to her?..OH, and work a full time job each day to pay the frikkin' bills? I'll give you a break. Remember, you would only need to do this for two years, every other week, during the council term at a minimum. No 24/7. If so, please let me know and I will send you a private message with my phone number and we can set this up. THEN, if you can keep pace, I will run for city council, and, if I am elected, you can watch her while I help conduct the city's business the right frikkin' way. You will get your wish for at least one on this forum to run for council.

Mulligan is a big shot at a bank. He can leave work anytime he wants to conduct city business. Becker is semi-retired and can pretty much do as he pleases. Allen and Picard are lawyers and, no doubt, have the freedom to come and go anytime they please. Most of the council people work in town and there is no drive time as opposed to some of us who work in Dayton of Cincy. Their work location is certainly more convenient than us commuters. No, I don't think the current crop of council people have issues in freeing time for council business. On the other hand, some of us, who are not in the upper echelon of a company, can't leave our job to conduct business as we may need to find a replacement while we are gone AND our employer may frown upon the time needed to do council duties during work. We don't have the latitude to come and go as we please on the job.

You state:

"I'm as frustrated as anyone but don't get on here and criticize or ramble on about how the city leaders are so horrible when you won't actively try to change it"

You haven't been around very long have you? There have been several attempts to organize resistance against the city leaders in the past. Each time resulted in failure because most of the people in this city (including us) like to bitch, but they're not mad enough to get their a-- off the couch and join us in organizing. Not even on a Sunday afternoon, during the off season for the NFL, when the TV programming is lousy and they are bored. Most STILL will not jump in the car and come to the meeting place to participate. The apathy is not just us here, it's the entire town. If you can't get people out in numbers it kinda defeats the clout you were striving for against the city leaders.

There are several on here who would like to run for council. Some have family commitments, some have business commitments, some are in poor health, some don't have the connections, some don't have the money, alot of reasons.......but the desire to make this town better is there. It is a shame we can't find a way to place these good people on council, fire the screw-ups and change this cluster of a town. JMO
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2011 at 1:28am
In My Opinion - Becker lost interest in being on counsel quite awhile ago. You can tell by his mannerisms and attitude toward other counsel members and city issues.
jag123 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jag123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2011 at 8:08am
It is hard to soar with the eagles when you are working with turkeys!LOL
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2011 at 6:40am
The decision by Becker to not run again was made in the last couple of weeks. The MMF crowd was begging him to run again. He just informed them of his decision. The move by Picard, another MMF boy was part of the Becker decision.
jag123 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jag123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2011 at 8:50am
29: Becker told his close friends a long time ago, that he was not going to run. I was at a lucnh with him when he said it.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2011 at 8:58am
123: Doesn't change the fact that the MMF gang was urging him to run and he didn't tell them no until a couple of weeks ago.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic