FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The latest news

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The latest news
    Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 4:35am

This latest news is terrible for our community.  I can’t imagine what tidings could bode worse.

It could truly be the death knell, the grim reaper, the pale rider heralding the Armageddon guaranteeing that the final nail is driven into the coffin of the dying city that is Middletown.

My heart weeps for our once great city.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 6:29am
Richard, might you be referring to this?.....

From today's Journal....

Police: Councilman approaches Duke Energy worker with gun
Report filed after employee shut off electric; councilman's name appears in police reports 4 times in one year

MIDDLETOWN — A Middletown police report dated July 11 details how Councilman A.J. Smith brandished a handgun and confronted a Duke Energy employee who was shutting off electric service that had “illegally been reconnected” to his Sixth Avenue home

This is the fourth time in a year Smith has appeared in the police reports for minor incidents. He also is scheduled to appear before the Ohio Elections Commission Aug. 18 for failure to file his campaign finance reports when he ran for City Council. That issue could result in thousands of dollars in fines.

At a glance

Middletown City Councilman A.J. Smith, who represents the city’s 2nd Ward, has had his name appear four times in Middletown Division of Police reports from July 14, 2010, to July 11, 2011, records show.

July 11, 2011: Police were called to a home at 907 Sixth Ave. owned by Smith after a Duke Energy employee claimed Smith confronted him with a handgun when he was shutting off electric service. No charges have been filed.

Jan. 11, 2011: Smith filed a police report after receiving harassing text messages on his personal cellphone from an unknown sender.

Jan. 8, 2011: Police were called to Applebee’s on Towne Boulevard after a server confronted Smith about allegedly not paying for a $2.50 bottle of Heineken. No charges were filed. Smith termed the incident as a misunderstanding, and former economic development director Mike Robinette paid for the beer.

July 14, 2010: Police were called to a report of a disturbance at a home in the 2000 block of Aaron Drive involving Smith, his sister and two other women. Police said Smith insisted all four be summoned into Middletown Municipal Court, where disorderly conduct charges later were dismissed against all four.

Source: Middletown police reports

Just wondering why Mr. Smith always seems to be around whenever police are called. Also wondering why this happened on July 11th and the Journal is just now telling us about it. Mr. Smith seems to be "living on the edge" of disaster, doesn't he? Kinda "pushing the envelope" on acceptable behavior. Wonder if Duke will take him to court for the illegal hookup? The man is compiling some real serious issues in his life that could be easily preventable. C'mon AJ. When I talked to you, you appeared to be a competent person. Why ask for these problems in your life?
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 6:52am

Oh no, Sir.  Were Mr. Smith’s machinations the only maladies we were about to face, t’would be a joyous time in steeltown of which I speak.  Nay, much more dastardly forces are about to beset us.

MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 7:41am

Are all others unaware that MMF has a devious dissimulator, an evil hag, about to toss her hat into the city council ring?  

Kelly View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 8:04am
Not Ann Mort??
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 11:45am
If that rumor is true and it is Mort, will THAT be enough to get someone competent from here to run to try and prevent this from happening? If it is Mort, given her tendency to dominate and play the overbearing type she appears to be, it will create even more problems for this city as to the council make-up. The last thing we need, is a person with her demeanor. She would add to the non-existent connection between citizen and their city reps. Too pompous for me. I hope she is not the candidate Richard mentions.
jag123 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jag123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 11:53am
I don't see Ann running. She is Picard's champain manager.
jag123 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jag123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 11:54am
A member of the Planning Commission may run.
Stanky View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 12:02pm
Whether she would make a good councilperson or not, I appreciate that someone with a love for the city and a history of working on behalf of many city entities, causes, and events is willing to step up into a role that is sure to generate the venom, scorn, and potshots of the many armchair quarterbacks on this board.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Stanky Stanky wrote:

Whether she would make a good councilperson or not, I appreciate that someone with a love for the city and a history of working on behalf of many city entities, causes, and events is willing to step up into a role that is sure to generate the venom, scorn, and potshots of the many armchair quarterbacks on this board.

Now that you have labeled who and what we are here on this board, and you detest us so, why do you wish to participate? Mort has an advertising/public relations company doesn't she? I'm sure her first priority is to improve the health of that business and not necessarily "for the love" of the city. She works the events, causes and "city entities" to help her business. She doesn't have a monopoly on caring for this town anymore than many on this site. We just have a different approach toward the health of the city. We want problems fixed and the truth to be addressed. She is in denial that there are that many problems. Most things are just "peachy keen" to her. Perhaps if she didn't come across as being such a dictatorial person, people would think differently of her. She appears to be too "pushy". JMO
jag123 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jag123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 5:18pm
I may have to eat my words! I did hear today that Ann is running.Confused
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 5:19pm
I heard that AJ will not be showing up to tonights meeting.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 6:56pm

You might be surprised about Mrs. Mort and her feelings towards the direction this town is heading.  Board? Good God who's in charge, is there a second on this motion that this "site" is far from being a Board. Although Randy dressed up in drag could come off looking a little like Betsy Parr with brown hair!

MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 4:35am

According to a local website:

“This year’s attendance was less than last year’s event, which drew between 2,000 and 3,000 people,” said Middletown Police event coordinator Lt. Leeann Hood, of last night’s "National Night Out" event at Sunset Park.  She attributed the decline to the hot weather.

The attendance figures would probably have been much higher, perhaps even in the hundreds of thousands, if city officials would have paid local shill Ms. Ann Mort to provide the estimate.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 6:21am
Originally posted by ground swat ground swat wrote:

Although Randy dressed up in drag could come off looking a little like Betsy Parr with brown hair!

ground- you noticed that too ehh? I didn't mention it before because I didn't think anyone here would have made the comparison. I'm glad we are building toward a consensus on this observation. You are very astute in your observations by the way.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 6:28am
Originally posted by randy randy wrote:

I heard that AJ will not be showing up to tonights meeting.

Will this be an excused absence or did the mayor advise him to stay away for awhile to "allow the public to forget" like all politicians do when they are caught?

Will he be brandishing his weapon to others or helping disconnect the illegal Duke service?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic