FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where is AJ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where is AJ?
    Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 10:26am
All this talk of AJ may be pointless, I heard a rumor that as last nights meeting was taking place he was on his way to Florida and has no plans on returning to our great city.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 10:27am
Another rumor I heard is that the Cincy State deal is all signed and ready to go on the schools end. All the city needs to do is sign some papers and the deal is completely done. I guess we should see some work happening in these buildings soon.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 11:15am
Originally posted by randy randy wrote:

All this talk of AJ may be pointless, I heard a rumor that as last nights meeting was taking place he was on his way to Florida and has no plans on returning to our great city.

Now wait a minute randy sue. Do you mean to tell us that AJ may be out of here and that we will no longer enjoy the next saga concerning his behavior and his well earned reputation for exhausting the supply of police report forms? And pray tell, randy jane, what will become of the 2nd Ward section of this town as to representation? Will the people of the 2nd Ward get to select a replacement or will the council replace him with one of their handpicked MMF boys/girls? More disturbing is how will the union and SB5 opponents handle not having a spokesperson on council? Wonder what ole' AJ will be doing in Florida (if this rumor proves to be true)? Have the connections from working on Obama's campaign in the past perhaps set him up there?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 11:25am

Another rumor I heard is that the Cincy State deal is all signed and ready to go on the schools end. All the city needs to do is sign some papers and the deal is completely done. I guess we should see some work happening in these buildings soon.

So they actually found enough potential students who want to commute to Middletown and take a class or two from the curriculum offered? At what final cost to the city has this been made to happen? Wonder how many of the buildings purchased will be used and how many will be left to decay? How much has the city lost to please CS? This potentially sudden agreement, without much update lately, comes as a surprise, doesn't it? If true, will be interesting to follow as to success, just as the PAC has been/will be watched. Is CS paying the cost for rehab?
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 2:48pm
AJ the thief on the runLOLbeen seen runnin with the crack heads LOL ole boy some funny stuff . run forrest runLOL
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 11:34pm

I have actually spoken with AJ (by phone) a little earlier this evening. He told me that he has returned from his trip to Florida and is back in Middletown.

Most of our conversation was personal, and concerned other matters, but regarding the Duke Power incident he did mention that the stories about his having pilfered electricity or having been arrested or charged were completely untrue. His description of the incident was plausible.

I believe that he will be back in his seat at the next city council meeting.

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2011 at 1:45am

I hope this is true, my discussion with a police officer Wens. about this issue it was mentioned a extention cord was being used between houses and had been going on for more than a day. IMO old news already and as was mentioned to me the other day how much energy is being wasted on city owned properties. AJ is feeling the pressure and he knows he's a little fish in a big pond, it's only a matter of time.  Much bigger issues in front of us, like what happened in D.C. on Tues.  Anyone know a good housing agent in China?

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2011 at 7:06am
Originally posted by ground swat ground swat wrote:

... IMO old news already and as was mentioned to me the other day how much energy is being wasted on city owned properties. ...
Ground swat,
Good point.  The taxpayers of Middletown will be paying in excess of $4,000 per year just for the additional electric for the S. Main Street olde tyme decorative lamps.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2011 at 7:15am
....and the AJ apologists have spoken.  For some of you there is no transgression, immature display, arrogance or borderline criminal or at least embarrassing behavior that you won't forgive AJ for.
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2011 at 7:29am
AJ is a fool. He knows his political future is zero so he is going to hang around and cause as much trouble as he can in the time he has left on Council.

It is a sad case for the community and AJ.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2011 at 8:55am
Apologists? For some in town we have spoken, met and E-mailed Mr. Smith and have asked him to resign.  Sorry that a dozen eggs weren't bought and thrown at him while meeting with him.  Of course the line down at the podium Tues. night was backed up by all the concerned wanting his head chopped off, oh maybe I missed that since it was one of the quickest meetings to date.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2011 at 9:28am

He wont resign,he doesnt care that no one likes him.Back in the day,his parents had to tie a bone around his neck to get the dog to play with him.LOL
Does A.J stand for [edited]?LOL
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2011 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by ground swat ground swat wrote:

Apologists? For some in town we have spoken, met and E-mailed Mr. Smith and have asked him to resign.  Sorry that a dozen eggs weren't bought and thrown at him while meeting with him.  Of course the line down at the podium Tues. night was backed up by all the concerned wanting his head chopped off, oh maybe I missed that since it was one of the quickest meetings to date.
Ouch!!! lol
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2011 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by LMAO LMAO wrote:

He wont resign,he doesnt care that no one likes him.Back in the day,his parents had to tie a bone around his neck to get the dog to play with him.LOL
Does A.J stand for [edited]?LOL

Sorry Big%20smile
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2011 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Neil Barille Neil Barille wrote:

....and the AJ apologists have spoken.  For some of you there is no transgression, immature display, arrogance or borderline criminal or at least embarrassing behavior that you won't forgive AJ for.
Apologist???  Forgive???
You must have read posts that no one else can see!!!
Would you please quote any actual apologies that anyone has made for AJ, as well as any statements of forgivenesss???
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2011 at 4:27pm
a·pol·o·gist/əˈpäləjist/
Noun: A person who offers an argument in defense of something controversial.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2011 at 4:50pm
I haven't read any "apologies" or defense of Mr.Smith's actions, ALTHOUGH we should note that despite the well-orchestrated negative publicity, NO CHARGES EVER SEEM TO BE FILED outside of the spat involving his kid sister.

AJ Smith is a quality person, who at age 20, was able to be elected to Middletown City Council.
It is ridiculous to blame so many local issues on the newer members of Council, since this entire Council has accomplished very little, and the deep festering problems facing our community have been well-entrenched for decades, and were put in place by the same players that fill the lineup of MMF, past Councils/Commissions and city admin.

As for Mrs.Mort--she too is a high quality giving citizen and human being. I have tremendous respect for the lady, and she always gives me a sincere listen. Doesn't mean that we agree on things--actually we strongly disagree often, however we remain civil, don't make it personal, and walk away as friends(or so it seems my way). I am not so sure that she won't be as conflicted as Mr.Allen(another top quality individual--just don't like his local politics).

We need inclusive, receptive and uniting local leaders---not "my way or the highway" rhetoric like espoused by our current Mayor. His recent tirade against Mr.Smith was well-orchestrated and scripted, yet it failed to gain support from ANY other Council member. Mayor Mulligan's "no" vote in regards to excusing Mr.Smith from the last Council mini-meeting was theatrics and hypocritical imo.

LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2011 at 8:21pm

LOLLOLLOL 
Stanky View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2011 at 8:27pm
"AJ Smith is a quality person"......hmmm, i'm not seeing it.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2011 at 9:46pm
Treat others as you would like............... is the point SJ is making, not to put words in his mouth.  This gets old when you have to repeat "We can agree to disagree".  Again as I have spoken several times with Mr. Smith he believes in his mission and course of action when it comes to "Business as usual' with this Admin.  Lets all of us open up our closets and see what falls out.  It's not hard to find out who is going to run for council, I'm sure after this event with AJ they'll be dozens of names to consider on Nov. ballot.  I must be the only person on earth who came thru the school of _ucking up and learning from my mistakes.  $3.99 for a 12 of Rolling Rock what a deal, those were the days. Joey Ramone in the background and blowing off classes! 
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2011 at 9:58pm

Ground swat:

Aj’s seat is NOT up for grabs in this November’s election!!! (His ward term, like Mr. Picard’s, does not expire until the END of December, 2013.)  

Even if AJ resigned tomorrow, his seat would NOT be open for an election.  It would be filled by an appointment by city council that would last until the end of the term. 
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2011 at 6:59am
Mr. P I realize that AJ seat is not up.  My point was that if all are so upset at one persons actions and they feel he's the one bringing down this entire city then jump on board and put your name on the ballot.  Sorry for my ramblings got jacked up listening to the Ramones!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2011 at 12:26am
HOLY CRAP Randy!! IF The AJ Rumor is true he will have withdrawal symptoms within 30 seconds of crossing the FL state border, as Florida is a Right To Work State.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic