FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ann Mort Running For Council

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ann Mort Running For Council
    Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 2:46pm

Ann Mort

4935 Riverview Avenue . Middletown OH 45042

513.649.4506   RMort@cinci.rr.com

NEWS RELEASE

Information: Ann Mort, 513-649-4506 or RMort@cinci.rr.com

August 2, 2011

MORT TO SEEK ELECTION FOR UNEXPIRED TERM REPRESENTING WARD 1

Ann Mort has pulled petitions for the unexpired term of two years to represent Ward 1 on Middletown City Council.

Mort has lived in Middletown since moving here in 1970 with her family, husband Richard and two children Tony and Tracy.  The she and her husband live on Riverview Avenue in Ward 1.

Mort said, “I am eager to continue my 40 year service to this community by filling this unexpired term on City Council using my experience as a business owner and community volunteer. I am willing to work along with other Council members and the citizens of Middletown to make our city an even better place to live.

It is an exciting time in Middletown with Sun Coke, Cincinnati State, the downtown arts groups and the medical complex all helping change our community from heavy industry to a mixed business community. Middletown is known for its active sports programs, long-standing festivals and cultural events which help draw people to Middletown to spend their cash in our restaurants, retail stores and gas stations. Our location just off I-75 offers quick access to or from major metropolitan areas to the north and south. Middletown is poised for growth, we just need to keep working hard, reach out and grab it.

Our family chose Middletown as a good place to raise a family and I want to help make it equally as good for families who follow. ”

Mort’s background includes a Library Technical degree from Miami University Middletown, 15 years with the Middletown Public Library, leaving as Extension Department Head. In that capacity she worked with the library branches, bookmobiles, shut-in service, building programs and maintenance.

For the next 25 years, Mort owned Administrative Business Services, a public relations firm, from which she recently retired. Mort has published several books on travel and other subjects and, for ten years, edited and co-published the Good News/In Town magazine featuring positive news in Middletown.

In addition to business activities, Mort served 4 years on the Middletown/Monroe Board of Education, including 2 years as president, and 3 years as director of the Middletown Convention and Visitors Bureau. Mort has also helped many groups with public relations and currently handles publicity for Light Up Middletown and the MidUSA Ohio Challenge hot air balloon festival.

Serving as treasurer for the Mort campaign is Fred DeBiasi, president of American Savings Bank.

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 3:13pm
Fred DeBiasi is the treasurer for Mort. DeBiasi is also listed on the website as a member of Middletown Moving Forward. Looks like they are keeping it "all in the family" again. This does not appear like it is good news for the people outside the loop of the inner circle of influence. Allen, an apparent MMF sponsored puppet is leaving to be replaced by another MMF puppet in Mort. And the wheel of destruction keeps on turning.

The fourth paragraph indicates that she has had sunshine pumped up her business based on her "detached from reality" statements made. It is the same rhetoric we hear from Mulligan, another MMFer. All good, no bad= denial of the truth. Can't have that any longer if we are to repair this city. Enough canned bullcrap.

The voters must break up this destructive group of people and move them out of leadership roles for the survival of this city. Someone must run against Mort(and the others) to at least challenge the MMF stranglehold on things. Spider? Mike? You're 1st Warders. How about it for two years? How about helping out Laubach and getting Scott-Jones on the right track? Anyone else want to do the people of Middletown a favor and try to prevent this from happening?
MNusbaum View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNusbaum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 4:18pm
How does one run for City Council?
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 4:35pm
Ann Mort is running because she wants to pass the Senior Citizen levy which Allen has stayed away from because of the conflict of interest.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by MNusbaum MNusbaum wrote:

How does one run for City Council?

Mr. Nusbaum:

The legal process of running for Middletown City Council is actually a fairly simple procedure.

First, to be qualified to run, one must simply be (and have been for at least one year) a resident of the City of Middletown (or similarly a resident of the First Ward if running for the unexpired Ward One seat left vacant due to the death of Mr. Armbruster).

Second, one must stop by the Butler County Board of Elections office (on Princeton Road, off bypass 4) and “pull petitions” for candidacy.

Third, one must have their petitions signed by at least fifty registered voters of the City (or of the First Ward, if running for the Ward One unexpired term) and then file the signed petitions with the Board of Elections.  (It is suggested that one gather at least 75 signatures, since often people may sign who, for one reason or another, may be disqualified by the Board of Elections as invalid.)

That is all there is to running.

Winning, however, is another matter.

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2011 at 6:55am

Mr. Nusbaum:

I neglected to mention that, to be 100% certain of having your petitions accepted by the Board of Elections, your petitions must be filed by 4:00 pm on August 10, less than 7 days from right now.  That is a tall order if you are acting alone.

I don't think that I could do it in the First Ward, but I am not the healthiest guy on the block.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2011 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

Someone must run against Mort(and the others) to at least challenge the MMF stranglehold on things. Spider? Mike? You're 1st Warders. How about it for two years? How about helping out Laubach and getting Scott-Jones on the right track? Anyone else want to do the people of Middletown a favor and try to prevent this from happening?

Perhaps you are right, Vet.

Perhaps I should run.  After all, it is only for two years.

Murdock View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murdock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2011 at 6:18pm
Just what Middletown needs....more old ideas!  Let me guess, I bet she wants to return Middletown to its all American City status.  She has leached off of the City long enough!  We need strong leadership with a vision for the future, not another cheerleader with washed up ideas from the past
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2011 at 11:05pm

Right you are, Ms. Murdock!!!

But never fear!!!  Ms. Mort shall NOT run unopposed!!!

I’ve grabbed some petitions and I’ve got SIXTY-THREE signatures already.

I’M IN!!!

The Board of Elections says that I should have seventy-five signatures, though.  If you’re a registered voter in Ward One and want to sign my petition just let me know.  I still have until Wednesday.

(And trust me…I shall NOT be asking for campaign contributions!!!)

It’s been a long day.  I think I’ll go to Fricker’s for a hamburger and a beer.  Perhaps I can get another signature or two!!!  Smile After all, it's shift change time at AK.

409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2011 at 11:24pm
Clap   Clap   Clap    I would gladly sign if I lived in the 1st ward. (3rd)
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2011 at 1:12am
NOT Asking for campaign contributions... Hmmmmm

I hope you'll accept them if offered, I seem to have a spare check laying around here.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2011 at 1:53am
Originally posted by Pacman Pacman wrote:

NOT Asking for campaign contributions... Hmmmmm

I hope you'll accept them if offered, I seem to have a spare check laying around here.

Thank you for your kind offer my friend, but no thank you!!!

I can’t possibly see the need for anyone to pay me even one cent to seek this office.  Nor can I possibly see the need to spend thousands of dollars to win the day.

There is a reason the winner will be called a “public servant”.  The stipend is meager, as it should be, and to spend anywhere near that much to gain the office defies logic.  I believe Ms. Scott Jones pointed that out in the recent news article.

If you like what I have to say, please ask your friends and acquaintances in the First Ward to favor me with their vote in November.

Also, I gained three more signatures tonight while I awaiting my hamburger at Fricker’s.  My total now stands at SIXTY-SIX!!!

As a side note, I was heartened by a young gentleman who seemed to sincerely regret that he could not sign my petition.  Although he was a registered voter, he was a resident of the Fourth Ward.  He stated that he was excited that someone asked him to sign such a petition quietly in a tavern late at night, and asked me if I realized that our country’s roots sprang up from just such quiet conversations in taverns around Boston.  Of course I did, and I asked his age.  He was twenty-two.  I complimented him for knowing this and told him that, in this day and age, I was surprised that he knew that.

I asked him to please remember my name and tell his friends in the First Ward.  He actually borrowed my pen to write down my name.  Perhaps there is hope.
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2011 at 4:11am

Huzzah!

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2011 at 6:34am
But never fear!!! Ms. Mort shall NOT run unopposed!!!
I’ve grabbed some petitions and I’ve got SIXTY-THREE signatures already.
I’M IN!!!

"Bout time you old fart! Now that Mike has decided to run, how about Spider, acclaro, randy sue and Mr. Nagy going for the at-large or former Ward positions? Let's dilute the MMF'er plague in this town. You never know.....it may seem the MMF'ers have the deck stacked against the people of Middletown, but perhaps the people are tired of the direction and ineptness of the current leadership. Can't imagine they are satisfied with this cluster. Mort would be another puppet with rose-colored glasses as she spouts "all is well" as the Titanic is sinking. We don't need more people in leadership roles with the MMF agenda, denying the truth about the condition of this city. Mulligan must go also. He has done enough damage. Should be ashamed of himself as he has seen the city in good times as some of us older people have.
Nick_Kidd View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_Kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2011 at 10:42am
Mike, I live in the first ward and will gladly sign your petition.     Nick Kidd
Government is not the answer to problems, government is the problem.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2011 at 11:08am
Mike, I live in 3rd Ward or I would have 4 signature for you. But, I will gladly contribute to your campaign and volunteer to assist in anyway possible to assure you are victorious. You know the key will be to get out the vote and have a good message, all this you have already, but having $3,000 or so in an election like this, is well worth doing all you can to win. It is commendable you stepped up to the plate.

Vet, again I apperciate your endorsement, but my schedule would not allow me to attend a meeting maybe once every two months, and I'd be doing a disservice to all as I would have more absent votes than yes's or no's. I'd love to see sj run, others, and would support them as strongly as Mr. Presta if he will accept me as an ardent volunteer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic