FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2011-2012 Artist & Lecture Series

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Voice_of_Reason View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice_of_Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2011-2012 Artist & Lecture Series
    Posted: Aug 23 2011 at 4:06pm
There are several Artists and Lectures coming up this fall and the start of 2012 at Miami University Middletown.

Nnenna Freelon and Earl Klugh: An Intimate Evening
Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 7:30 | Tickets: $27, $25, $18
In the traditions of great collaborations, including those such as Ella Fitzgerald and Joe Pass; Nnenna and Earl will perform in a duo format, sharing the stage to lay bare the most beautiful and timeless lyrics and melodies from the past and present.

The Sam Bush Band
Saturday, November 5, 2011 at 7:30 | Tickets: $22, $20, $15
Grammy Award winning multi-instrumentalist Sam Bush doesn’t seem old enough to be a musical legend. And he’s not. But he is.

Alternatively known as the King of Telluride and the King of Newgrass, Bush has been honored buy the Americana Music Association and the International Bluegrass Music Association.

But honors are not what drive him. “I didin’t get into music to win awards”, he says. “ I am just now starting to get somewhere. I love to play and the older I get the more I love it.”

The Grascals, with special guest The Josh Williams Band
Saturday, December 3 at 7:30 | Tickets: $22, $20, $15
The Grascals are among the most beloved and acclaimed bands on today’s bluegrass scene, having won SPBGMA’s Bluegrass Band of the Year Award in 2010, the IBMA’s Emerging Artist of the Year Award in 2005 and earning Entertainer of the Year honors in both 2006 and 2007.

The Josh Williams Band are the IBMA 2010 Emerging Artists of the Year.

Aaron Neville
Saturday, February 4 at 7:30 | Tickets: $30, $28, $20

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic