FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Armburster Nature Preserve

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Armburster Nature Preserve
    Posted: Aug 26 2011 at 4:04pm

New pictures of the Armburster Nature Preserve, the preserve is set to open in late October, it should be a nice place to take the kids.

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2011 at 4:52pm
I have some more pictures coming. I have been to the site a few times lots of work has went into the preserve, stop by and have a look.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
gemneye70 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemneye70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2011 at 12:44pm
Where is this located?
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2011 at 3:29pm
It is located at the end of Autumn Dr. off of Manchester Road near the water tower.
MsPacman View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsPacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2011 at 10:19pm
http://www.flickr.com/photos/blessedjoy/
More Photos Here.  Click the link above.
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. James 1:2-3
Steve w Lewis View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve w Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2011 at 8:33pm
Would like to thank Randy and Ms. Pacman for taking the time to post pic. This is a 5.8 acre track donated to the city.  Our hope is to leave it alone and let mother nature do her thing.  We would like to build a play area on the south side which would be more natural with logs to climb on and piles of dirt to play in.  May sound cheap but the young ones love a pile of dirt.  Low maint. is our goal. Oct 22nd 10-2 is the grand opening but this parcel is open now.   Some really great older trees and a stand of paw-paw are there to help support a wide range of bird species. Must have missed Ms. Pacman last night. Had a good crew up there today got alot done.  Thanks again! 
TracyGreeny View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TracyGreeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2012 at 11:53am
Nope. You are wrong. I studied both deals very carefully. The money for the Duncan deal came from Downtown Improvement Fund. I had previously posted this:

The legislation that was presented and passed indicated that the sum to acquire property as part of this deal was not to exceed $550,000 and would come from the Downtown Improvement Fund (I have no idea how much money is in this fund). The city is only acquiring the property and then land-swapping with Duncan. Duncan paid $275,000 for the property that includes the old Office Outfitters store in 2002. They paid $100,000 in 2002 for the property that borders it that had previously been owned by the Finkleman family. The purchased the station property in 1997 for $39,000. So in all, the investment for the property Duncan is swapping with the city is around $414,000. Vivian is correct in that there has not been a final dollar figure attached to the city’s purchase of the land that borders First/Grimes/Central/University for the new gas station/convenience store. Just that the sum is not to exceed $550,000 from the city’s standpoint for this project. From what I can tell, there are three different property owners: 1.) The owners of the strip shopping center 2.) Revelos family 3.) Finkleman family. According to the agreement, Duncan is responsible for demolishing all buildings on all property included in this agreement—even the property that is been transferred to the city. The one exception is the Revelos building, which the city has agreed to share the expense of removing asbestos—estimated to be around $60,000.

You are also way off with your estimate of $500,000 in NSP funds for the Barb's Pub purchase and demo. The city of Middletown acquired the building that housed Barb's Pub from the State of Ohio. Online property records do not list a sales price, so let's assume it was minimal.
Classic Bridesmaid Dresses/Black Junior Bridesmaid Dresses/Sheath Wedding Dresses/Maternity Wedding Dresses

Tracy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic