FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just Wondering

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just Wondering
    Posted: Oct 24 2011 at 12:13pm
wow, since i moved going on 5 years now the city crime has for sure gotten alot worse, what the city did here with the  Section 8 is a shame.. and its goin to be a bigger shame when i have to bring my 81 year old mother to middletown to take her to places she enjoys goin to and something like this happens to me, being lic. to carry and to think i would maybe have to put my sights and bust a cap on a 13 year old with a gun, there's a good chance i won't blink.. will bring extra 15 round mags just in case needed..city leaders have made middletown a very unsafe city to live in or for people wanting to visit..  im seeing alot of for sale signs of nice homes thru out middletown my guess is many more good people are wanting out, they say u must forget the past good of middletown once was and in with the new,,  the new middletown stinks....
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2011 at 4:46am
Could this be the result of the lowering of our community standards by bringing in low income attracting, ghetto-producing Section 8?

Juveniles suspected in armed robbery

MIDDLETOWN — Two teen-aged youths are in custody Sunday night for the armed robbery of two people outside of a local carry-out store.
Police said the incident occurred about 9 p.m. at the P&G food mart, 2086 Cincinnati-Dayton Road with a report of a man with a gun.
Investigators found that two black males, ages 17 and 13, went up to two people sitting in a car in the parking lot. While the passenger went into the store, one of the suspects displayed a gun to the driver and demanded money.
Police said the driver got out of the car and struck the suspect. After a brief struggle, the driver tried to run into the store for help.
As his passenger came out of the store, the suspects fired one round from a small caliber handgun toward the victim, police said.
However, no one was struck from the gunfire.
Police said the suspects fled on foot with the driver’s wallet and some change toward the 2000 block of Wellington Road where the suspects were later located. A police K9 found the handgun.
No other information was available late Sunday night as the investigation is ongoing, police said.

The incident may just be a coincidence as to location, but the Robin Springs- Section 8 low income housing is right around the corner from where this occurred. And if this is the case, why would a city invite this kind of activity here other than to pad the wallets of the slumlords who are friends of the city? All purely speculation on my part for those tend to defend the city from criticism and like to attack the city detractors. I think the popular word to use here is "disgruntled". Like the word. Always used by companies and the media when someone doesn't go along with the program, no matter how screwed up the program is.

Driving into work this morning, had WLW on the radio. News mentioned this story and said the 13 and 17 year olds were from Hamilton. Could our Section 8 be drawing more out of town criminal elements to our city who are associated with some of the people we are attracting to our town? It would appear that we have put up a sign that says "Trouble welcomed here" at our town entrances.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic